Fans “Thank You” Video

November 11, 2010

Big shout out to all the fans who attended The Summit today (and yesterday), and to the amazing people at LPAssociation who made this video possible.  We saw it, and we appreciate it!

From the LPA notes under the video:
Many of us can remember how we discovered Linkin Park. To many fans, the initial experience of listening to “Hybrid Theory” from start to finish would prove to be life altering, and would steer many lives in completely unexpected directions. “Hybrid Theory” can fondly be looked back upon as a soundtrack to many of our lives in the early twenty-first century. For some, listening to the album would bring them back from the brink of despair, while others would meet lifelong friends and companions through shared love of the same band and its music.

This video is our way of giving back to the band that has changed our lives in such a positive way, and who have given us the strength to make it through.

Created via the use of over 100 submissions sent over a two week period by fans from over 20 different countries, this video slide-show is a heartfelt look into the impact Linkin Park’s music has had on all of our lives.

On behalf of the entire Linkin Park fan community, LPAssociation.com, the LPU, the LPMB and the Linkin Park street team, we would like to express our deepest thanks and gratitude to the band for the life-changing music they have given us, and for their unwavering dedication to their fans.

Here’s to another 10 years.

Thanks Mike, Chester, Brad, Rob, Phoenix and Joe!

-LPA Staff (Derek, Joe, Keaton, Todd, Louis, Andrea, Mark and Luke)

1. thenewfoshizzle on December 7, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Oh wow. I kind of wish I’d seen this when it was first posted, but of course, I only check this like once every two months…I should fix that.

Anyway, if there’s anything I can thank Linkin Park for, it’s the fact that I met the man I might marry someday through the LPU, and we would never have met if it weren’t for LP. And beyond that, I know the music has touched a lot of lives, including mine.

Really awesome of you to share this and acknowledge the awesome people who made it. =) Love you guys.❤

2. galinmitev on November 27, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made:

3. hernangarza on November 22, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Linkin Park has changed my life like that of many people, inspired me to remain a passionate musician, with concerns such as war, climate change on the planet etc. and look forward to linkin park here in Mexico will receive them with open arms and ready to enjoy your music. are an inspiration never change linkin park!

4. marvinos9000 on November 22, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Hello there mikeeee:D,first of all,thankyou and the rest of LP for being yourselves,both in art and music.Anywayz,i was just looking at one of yer old lptv episodes(the making of the art of meteora)and i never noticed it untill just now:Plike,the guy who does all the abstract stuff in the beginning (Delta) comes from Amsterdam…So😛 when are y’all coming to play a show here?(A)Im just sayin,you guys got a lots of people here waiting for you to perform,so pleeease,if its possible and you guys can find a little hole in your tourdates or something..it would mean the world to me(and not only me at that:P)anyhoo..I wish all of LP the best of luck,you guys are legends.Peace!

5. dyahikhsanti on November 16, 2010 at 11:46 pm

thanks for sharing the video… u got friends from all over the world
    and thanks for being a good role mode for us

6. angad2chahal on November 14, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Plz plan a tour In India………U Rock L.P

7. millalp94 on November 14, 2010 at 9:22 am

wow awesome video!!:)

8. takumademonreborn on November 14, 2010 at 8:04 am

I wish i was on that video

9. miruckle on November 14, 2010 at 7:24 am

Wow that was a great video by the LPA :)! And it’s great that Mike posted this up here for all to see😀. LP inspired many over their decade of success, including myself; thank you for inspiring me to write my own music!!

10. sarahaw on November 13, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I’m in that video. I think 5.03 mark.
    Sensei Sensation!
    And I am so happy that you featured our video on your blog Mike. It shows us that you care.

11. almannusrat on November 13, 2010 at 8:05 pm

im working on my debut album! even though i do religious stuff thats a little bit out of the norm, i still got my lyrical/writing and musical inspiration from you guys! THANKS!

12. lorenalp on November 13, 2010 at 12:45 pm

this make me cry, we love you LP!

13. gnaa93 on November 13, 2010 at 7:46 am

This is just a little piece of our thanks to you… You guys have done so much to many people that make people say this band is UNIQUE or stuff like that.. because YOU ARE a special band and trough your music you’ve helped a lot of people trough hard times, ups and downs… there’s not gonna be another band like you EVER..
    Thanks for being Linkin Park🙂

14. sunriseashes on November 13, 2010 at 5:19 am

This video makes me proud to be a Linkin Park fan! Everything they said was true. Linkin Park has become such a huge part of my life that I don’t what I would do if it wasn’t there, or who I would be now if I hadn’t had your music.

Amazing video. Amazing fans. Amazing band!

15. janemari3 on November 13, 2010 at 3:59 am

this is a very touching video. it made me cry. wish i was one of the people in this video but im happy that theres a representative of my country (Philippines) in it😀 We love you LINKIN PARK! Thank you for being UNIQUE!

16. joesfan007 on November 13, 2010 at 3:32 am

when chester begins to sing the messenger and the girl is holding up the notice “linkin park saved my live” i have to cry every time
    mike you have the best fans in the world and you are the best artist
    thanks for existing linkin park! i can’t explain how much this video touches my soul! linkin park saved my live, is a big part of my live and it’s silmply the best band of all time!

17. anitazik on November 13, 2010 at 2:27 am

oh, comoooooon!
    i’m crying now.

18. maraina15 on November 13, 2010 at 2:12 am

This really made me cry…

Thank you Linkin Park for doing what you do!

Thank you Linkin Park fans out there…

19. rahulsethi on November 13, 2010 at 12:49 am

gr8 video…
    Hey MIKE check out FIRST INDIAN LINKIN PARK FANSITE…

PLEASE DO MAKE A COMMENT OR REFERENCE…
    the site is in promotion state and its just a beginning……..

20. vnegrete on November 12, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I know this is irrelevant to this post of yours but I have a question over the pre-sale tix and the VIP Concierge Service. If one has access to the pre-sale tix can they purchase more than one? Also, if I purchase the VIP Concierge Service will it include the concert tickets as well or is it a separate deal? Please anyone who knows the answer to any of these question feel free to answer them cuz I don’t know who to contact and ask!

21. jozzie8 on November 12, 2010 at 6:27 pm

That was a very touching video. Thank you for always making amazing music. LP are simply the best. Love you guys so much. BTW love the Burning In The Skies music in the background, it gave me chills.

22. autumnoh12 on November 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm

love it!

23. lode1989 on November 12, 2010 at 4:44 pm

If I knew theyw ere making this, I was in it to.

24. galinmitev on November 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm

“Wretches And Kings” VIDEO:

25. angelsrc79 on November 12, 2010 at 3:30 pm

That made me cry. As a marathon runner, let me just say…

Thank you for being my finish line.

26. linkinlayra on November 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm

http://linkinlayra.blogspot.com/2010/11/omfg-thank-u-linkin-park-thank-you-lpu.html << Hopefully someone will read my "thank you" writing. It came by my heart🙂

27. souneik on November 12, 2010 at 2:13 pm

I think that if Linkin Park didn’t exist, the worst outcomes each of you can think up for yourselves would be very similar to our own.

28. lyneblue on November 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm

amazing !!! I wish I was in it but I didn’t know. thank you for everything and for being here in this unsane world

29. theyactuallymakemylifebetter on November 12, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Hey guys, first of all I wanna say congrats to the LPA for the great idea, I wish I was a part of it but I didn’t know.
    If I could say my own words, and it would be truly hard to me, they’d be: thank you for making me smile, thanks for helping me when I’m down, thanks for being there when I need you, thanks for your music, thanks for being such a really big part of me, thanks for the day I ”discovered” you, thanks for being with me everyday, thanks for the friends I made because of you, thanks for keeping in my mind that one day will be my day and I’m gonna met you guys, thanks for teaching me what’s an idol, thanks for existing in my life. Thanks for what you are. =)

30. camila on November 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I speak english “un poquito” but spanish is better😀
    I have only to say MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!

31. janine1978 on November 12, 2010 at 10:45 am

Hi Mike, thanks for this sharing, it’s a great video. The video speaks exactly of what I feel for you. I wish you well for the last 10 years, thank you – for your music, art the best concerts that I should do. You and your band members are so awesome that I can not put into words. Makes your long, long keep it up. Thank you for everything. And great job LPAssosiation!!! LP ROCKS
    LG from Germany

32. melmclaughlan on November 12, 2010 at 10:18 am

Thanks for the informing us of the video Mike, I appreciate it. The whole video was beautiful, the music choice, how it made me teary eyed. I just want to say thank you to Linkin Park for always sticking with me, and connecting with me, and understanding me, because I feel the same about you. There’s not much I can say to express how emotional I could get here. I’d like to give a special thanks to you, Mike, because you are my absolute hero, inspiration, and I respect you in more ways than you could know. I’d rather Linkin Park outlived me, than the other way around. (‘:

33. cincybmxlpfreak on November 12, 2010 at 9:16 am

Wow. That was really cool. I wish I had heard about this sooner but…

Thank you Linkin Park for being true to yourselves, always reaching a hand out to your fans and those in need, being positive role models, and inspiring fans like myself every day of the week. I aspire to be as great as each one of you are. Thanks again.🙂

34. cctjehh on November 12, 2010 at 9:06 am

Thanks for the shout out ;D
    and LPA just really told you how we feel
    Let’s go for another 10 year! ;D
    ❤ I'm @ 5:07 yaay ^^

35. thegluelpfan on November 12, 2010 at 8:53 am

Wow I wish I knew about this.Well I’m going to thank you right now.Thank you for the amazing music,for all the times that you made me feel like I have a purpose,for everytime you made me feel good even if the whole day felt like hell,thank you for being down-to-earth and being exceptionally funny and amazing…thank you for being Linkin Park!

36. dabarah on November 12, 2010 at 8:47 am

It’s just beautiful….’n ublivable it made my cry a lot from seeing those papers, from seeing mine…really “Thank you for being Linkin Park”.

37. linkinlauren on November 12, 2010 at 8:33 am

Thank you guys for keeping me here today and saving my life🙂

This video basically says everything I’d like to thank you for too ^_^

GREAT job LPAssosiation! Thanks for sharing, Mike.😀

38. larissaevelynrm on November 12, 2010 at 8:03 am

Linkin Park is a joyful music that touches the soul, chills the skin, eyes fill with water flowing in smile. Relieves any feeling bad and gives a sense of well being with the world. It is something divine and Surreal!

LOVE LOVE LOVE MIKE SHINODAAAAA

39. linkinparkgiss on November 12, 2010 at 7:42 am

HEY MIKE! CEHCK IT VIDEO! IS A SPECIAL VERSION ARGENTINIAN OF WAITING FOR THE END! PLEASE WATCH IT!
    ARGENTINA LOVES YOU!!! THX 4 COMING!😉

40. lpablo on November 12, 2010 at 7:05 am

That is an amazing video. You guys deserve all that appreciation. I’m not in the video, but I wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your hard work and dedication, for your great music, for being so great persons, for your sense of humour, for making us happy, for helping us in our lives and for being the best band in the world.

41. sukylpu on November 12, 2010 at 6:48 am

wow, this video makes me cry!
    big THANK YOU for you, Mike, and all the people who form LINKIN PARK
    I don’t appear in this video, but i want you to know my message:
    YOU changed my life…
    thank you for this amazing 10 years and KEEP ON ROCKING!
    Your show at Madrid MTV emas was AMAZING!!!

42. lpanna2010 on November 12, 2010 at 6:05 am

Hi, Mike.
    I really agree to all the other poeple here. It’s just amazing how your music influenze our lives and change all. Your music save us. It helps us in hard times of our life and connect us with eachother. I think without your music life would be much harder maybe to hard.
    So please never stop making music.
    Thank you!
    Love you boys, Anna

43. Parker on November 12, 2010 at 5:55 am

It made me cry a little…
    Thank you for being a part of my life🙂

44. miggyjaggy on November 12, 2010 at 5:20 am

hi mike, how are you doing dear.

45. icecold25 on November 12, 2010 at 3:46 am

Thank you for existing, Linkin Park. You guys save our lives every day and every moment and some of us don’t even realise.

46. 3infinity on November 12, 2010 at 2:46 am

You definetly changed my life!
    I almost caught up in the society of people who listen to really retarded music (Here’s an example of one of their favourite songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtv_HXuQB2E), anyways, most of those ended up in really crappy schools, some already started getting drunk (People 14-15 years old I’m talking about btw), and i ended up in the strongest school in the country, found great friends, and I love my life!
    Thank you Linkin Park.

47. stasteff on November 12, 2010 at 2:43 am

You deserve this video! It speaks for so many fans, even those that are not in the Video.
    Thank You!!

48. anaaugustalp on November 12, 2010 at 1:33 am

You save lives every day Mike! Thanks again! =)

49. Rayan Lenox on November 12, 2010 at 1:20 am

I’m so happy that LP and you personally liked it!!! I can’t stop watching it. No doubts you deserved it. LP saved and changed our lives!!! LPA made a great work by putting this video. As soon as I heard about submission, I sent my photo. And it’s there. But Thank You from me, from Ukraine, from fans all over the world once again. You know that we love LP)))

50. bballpixie on November 12, 2010 at 12:58 am

This made me cry because LP’s music helped me through the anger and shame of domestic violence. Then when I worked with behaviorally challenged kids, I used LP’s music to help them express their anger in a non violent way. So thank you and please don’t stop making music that makes a difference.

51. adiek84 on November 12, 2010 at 12:25 am

Wow, this is really touching. Even that stone in my chest softened a little! Props to LPAssociation and all the people who are part of it. I forgot about sending my pic, I’m a dumb b****.

52. sinisternl on November 12, 2010 at 12:09 am

Hey mike, can you show his to the rest of LP too?
    And maybe get this at the shows like the MFR video before the gig?
    Because our love for the band is unexplainable!

I’m at 1:00, much love from holland! Max

53. newsi1 on November 11, 2010 at 11:52 pm

This is very touching. LP fans are the best!!! You are THE BEST!!!
    THANK YOU!

54. darkwai on November 11, 2010 at 11:39 pm

It’s true, I’ve changed as a person listening to Linkin Park.

55. dorito82 on November 11, 2010 at 11:33 pm

beautiful and well deserved…

56. fatimalp on November 11, 2010 at 11:29 pm

Glad you posted this video on your blog, Mike!🙂 I’m in this video too (first picture)😀 LPA did it great! LP fans are amazing! Thank you!!

57. evooba on November 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm

LPA did an amazing job! I’m in it at 3.16🙂 I have to admit that when I first saw the video tears came to my eyes. LP fans are so powerful and can do everything when it comes to you, our fave band. Some messages were so deep! So, that’s a living proof of how awesome fans you have and what an impact you guys have on us! So thank you again for everything! Keep rocking and doing your thing!😀

58. jdennis88 on November 11, 2010 at 11:08 pm

LPA did such an amazing job of this video. It’s insanely good, thanks to everyone at LPA who put this video together. Nice one! =]

And that’s me up top, the very proud soon-to-be author with a goofy grin haha =] I also mention Linkin Park in my book acknowledgements, you guys get a good 40 or so words of me thanking you for the music and the inspiration. If everything goes to plan, I should have my book “The Underground” out on Australian shelves sometime next year. And before you ask, no, it is not about vampires. LOL =P

59. slowlearner32 on November 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Another 10 years🙂

60. aline4lp on November 11, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks for posting that video, I’m in there too at 3:13
    Thank you for helping us with your music and for always being yourselves and close to us fans. We love you guys

61. chiragddude on November 11, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Hope it really touched your heart. I’m not on that vid but really,, thanx for making me what I am “TODAY” and will be “FOREVER” !!!
    THANX !!!

LP FOR LIFE !!!

62. stormrider00 on November 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Cool!!

63. melbapinckney on November 11, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Omg, that is so beautiful. I’m ready to cry, seriously. It’s so touching. Yes, LP you change my life with your song, ‘Numb’ and I’m saying, “Thank You!” You gave me strength when no one else care about me. Thanks for sharing this video with us. Also, thank you, LPAssociation.

64. xmariedetx on November 11, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Im in this video! holding the sign saying “thankyou for the best lIve shows” I’m so glad you posted it on here. Thankyou for taking the time to do this. :,D

65. lpgal9000 on November 11, 2010 at 6:32 pm

What a beautiful video. You guys are so loved!!!! I love you guys!!!❤

ROCK ON FOREVER LINKIN PARK – DON'T EVER STOP BEING YOU!🙂

66. gisseleliana25 on November 11, 2010 at 6:26 pm

this video made me cry…. this is absolutely right.
    in my case, i owe a lot…. i’m here, alive because your songs guys… i decided to give another opportunity to this life, my life.
    you give me the strength to get up every day and that’s something i’ll never stop thanking.
    I hope you understand my English… U.U
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!! I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

67. thepixelpod on November 11, 2010 at 6:25 pm

im in 3:02😀, tnks mike shinoda :3,
    u are important for me😉,

10 years ago mi life change!

LP😀

68. nikkiann0100 on November 11, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed the video. I’m in the video too. LPA did a great job putting it togehter. It turned out great.

69. milasouza11 on November 11, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Hey Mike..
    I decided one thing..i’ll edit the video of my tattoo..
    and i’ll put on internet until the end this month, ’cause i can’t wait
    for a long time (just because my boss can’t know about this)
    I hope you recognize my love for you..

For while.. please watch the tribute i made for you:

I love you!
    By: @milasouza11 BRAZIL

70. djkytana on November 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Because of this band,my self and 5 friends 10 years ago when they came out with their first album, it motivated us to start our own music group and we called it L.P.H.Q.C. and till this very day, we are still doing what we love and also because of that,I personally started my own Co-Ed Fraternity in NY (Sigma Delta Upsilon Fraternity, Inc.-Legally on 6/30/06)based on what i loved to do the most with my friends,Breakdancing, Stepping and most of All, Being a DJ. Everytime we make music in L.P.H.Q.C. or when I Step with my fraternity,I think of how Linkin Park Influenced us. Please continue to do what it is that you all do! Much love & Respect 2 all of you. Hope to see you one day!❤

71. insplendoribus on November 11, 2010 at 5:58 pm

It’s me at 7:0 with my mexican flag.

72. EpicLinkinPark on November 11, 2010 at 5:45 pm

I am glad you guys got to see this video and much thanks to LPA for making this possible. Thank you Linkin Park for everything you have done. You guys have donated, made the fans feel like family, made events possible for all us fans to attend and be a part of, preformed amazing concerts. I really would love to thank you all for sharing the road to your journey. We all couldn’t have asked for a better road to follow. Thank you Mike, Chester, Brad, Joe, Rob and Phoenix for everything. You guys deserve nothing but the best and I wish you all the best in the continuation of your wonderful journey. Thank you.

Kate

73. lpsnumber1 on November 11, 2010 at 5:32 pm

That… made me cry :’D
    You are so loved, LP.
    And yes, THANK YOU.

74. pecan603 on November 11, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Mike, this is Andrea (ADMIN over on LPAssociation.com). Thank you so much for featuring our Thank You video on your blog. It means so much!

75. derekoswald on November 11, 2010 at 5:29 pm

As the owner of LPAssociation.com, and one of 8 staff members currently working on LPAssociation, I just want to once again thank you for your music, your honesty, and the level of commitment you have shown towards your fans over the last 10 years.

Running The Linkin Park Association has forever changed my life for the better, and as a result of that site I’ve met some incredible people who not only helped shape who I am today, but also who will stick with me forever as people who made an impact in my life. This is all thanks to your music.

Thanks for being down to earth and making your fans feel appreciated, and loved. You guys are the best.

Regards,
    Derek Oswald
    LPA Owner

76. Rana LP addict on November 11, 2010 at 5:25 pm

oh !! COOL!! you desreve evrythhing .. even i didn’t participate ..my line was ” Thank You LP for making me listen the REAL MUSIC and thanks for being one of your fans”🙂 LPA is a one cool website !!

77. bruprevide on November 11, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Beautiful video… you deserve! Thanks for everything, and congratulations to the LPA!🙂

78. lpfmfan on November 11, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Glad you put this on your blog, Mike!😀 I’m one of those people haha. LPA had a great idea, obviously wanted to be part of it. :] And it turned out fantastic! Made me tear up, with the music and everything :’]

THANKS LINKIN PARK, seriously. Thank you.

Ana

79. toddalexanderwilliamson on November 11, 2010 at 5:18 pm

We are such a beautiful family, wouldn’t you agree Mike?

80. Olla Chaz on November 11, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Look at how you’re loved.. : )

81. nadiabs on November 11, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Thanks for sharing and it’s a great video!!!congrats to LPAssociation!