LPUX CD now available

November 17, 2010

The new LPUX CD is now available to LPU members.  It’s definitely the strongest LPU album to date, with demos from all eras of the band.  There are a few tracks on there with vocals from both me and Chester.

This is one of the tracks from the CD; it’s called “I Have Not Begun.”  It was a demo recorded around 2009 (although the lyrics were written earlier, which you can tell because of the “Machine Shop” reference!).

Go to http://lpu.linkinpark.com/ to join the LPU.  This album is available for purchase by club members (and, as mentioned before, LPU members get first access to tickets to our upcoming North American tour).

Lyrics on following page…

I HAVE NOT BEGUN

ladies and gents sorry to keep ya’ll waiting
this goes out to everybody still hating
for those that fake / ya’ll can keep on fakin’
i’m cooking a plate for you to stick your whole face in
tastes good don’t it cousin?  just so you know it’s nothin’
i get you buggin’ like some codiene in some robutussin
it’s just the way that i approach each time
i slap the track and turn around and choke each rhyme
broadcast to the nation like NBC
with pages of 16s like an MPC
deliver an ass-whipping via MP3
giving you people more reality than MTV
do it PPV / snap necks with the pressure
make a mess / then carry you out on a stretcher
you could sue but / ooh the law won’t protect ya
even the court room sketcher could not sketch ya
you’re not following me / i got your number like
caller i.d. / try it / you can holler at me
i promise you pain / i will chop your body in threes
and you’ll be sitting there stuttering / p-p-probabably
follow me / i got styles / you can copy one
back of your mind / i know you wanna stop me son
but here’s news for you fucker: that can not be done
you can think that i’m finished i have not begun
im grinding / putting these kids to bed
you think you’re hard-boiled / fucker you’re an easter egg
you got a pastel shell and a soft inside / squash your pride
you think i fucking lost my mind / i’m not playing
i might as well be making a bomb
i lay you down to foundation when i’m taking you on
bet the farm on the rhyme for the sake of my mom
she’s like / mike show these pigs what kind of bacon you’re on
it’s funny but don’t laugh / money with no cash
the villain of vocab / i’m killing this notepad
the realest i wrote man / you don’t even know half
i’m banking a full tank / you’re running on low gas
take that / i’m cutting off your fun
you’re nothing but a butter knife stopping a gun
we can dance but your chances are slim to none
and you can think that i’m finished i have not begun
got a razor-blade tongue and i get this done
no running just dumping on your clique for fun
machine shop got it locked like the game’s a joke
say something funny get the whole gang provoked
better buckle down fucker / go get your own
we been working ten years just to get this known
the people on the block starting to get numb
they expect that its fresh when the new shit come
here it goes let em know they can fix the frown
railroad rap hot tracks running you down
and they ask and repeat how i do this now
like i’m really gonna tell em how i get this sound
we just do what we do give you that fix
we come in the back like we run this bitch
turn the lights down low / and we start the show
when i give it to ya / give it right back and it goes
take that / take that / cutting off your fun
you’re nothing but a butter knife stopping a gun
we can dance but your chances are slim to none
you can think that i’m finished i have not begun
follow me / i got styles / you can copy one
back of your mind / i know you wanna stop me son
but here’s news for you fucker: that can not be done
you can think that i’m finished i have not begun

1. gisellebee on November 29, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Why is it so complicated to log in to LPUX?

2. thegluelpfan on November 28, 2010 at 5:34 am

You know your lyrics have always been very unique to me.They are so real and inspirational…and btw I do agree that that’s probably the best LPU cd to date (excluding LPU 1.0).On the last two you’ve really done a great work.I love all the songs and it’s nice to see how the style of your demos has changed throught the years.

3. galinmitev on November 27, 2010 at 10:34 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made:

4. rebellionunderground on November 24, 2010 at 2:34 pm

man this is awesome and what music player are you using

5. carolineshinoda on November 24, 2010 at 6:05 am

Oh God! Thats amazing!!!
    I loved it from the first time I heard it! It’s just awesome.
    Thanks for everything🙂
    ~CarÖLine from Argentina~

6. evik90 on November 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

oh my god! this song is so great, i can’t stop listening! it’s amazing that you release demos like this one, LP songs never suck🙂

7. kidadot0 on November 22, 2010 at 5:54 am

Mike, this is what you rapped on stage with The Roots that one time, right? i recognize the NBC-MPC-MP3 lines from the fan video you posted from that appearance

8. xxlinkingirlxx on November 21, 2010 at 3:05 pm

oh my dear God!!!!!!…YOU ARE JUST AMAZING! everyday that i listen to one of youre songs i forget about how bored depress or tired i was; keep on doing what u do…because with ur music u make some lifes better tahn they were before. Thank you for all the music and the lyrics and just bor being u and for being on linkin park!

9. lpamericancom on November 21, 2010 at 1:19 pm

10. gikkoza on November 21, 2010 at 4:37 am

It sounds like an extension of empty spaces…?!?

11. Alexandra Nofi on November 18, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Mikey, I totally drool over these lyrics. “Better buckle down, f*cker” is probably my favorite line. It’s like ATS and Fort Minor had a love child, LOL😄

Hey, since you gave me a really awesome song, I’m gonna give you a song in return! And look, it’s on soundcloud too! Still needs my vocals but otherwise, to me, it feels done. With the exception of my stories, I don’t normally share my art or projects with others so directly: http://soundcloud.com/alexandra_nofi/the-catalyst-remix (I can’t embed cause I ran out of characters)

12. ellzworth on November 18, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Wow….. just WOW!
    Time to join up again.

13. randoms98 on November 18, 2010 at 1:30 pm

That track is sooo cool! I love it. You can think that I’m finished, but I have not begun. I could not stop bobbing my head during the entire thing!

14. princessrockerlp on November 18, 2010 at 1:08 pm

thanks mike !

ey I’m waiting for the date in ARIZONA! because if there will be!!!, truth??
    pleaseee come on LP !

15. shukm on November 18, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Mike,
    I usually don’t do stuff like this but I just wanted to say thank you to you guys for being there for so many people through your music. I’ve always found comfort in music, but I just recently learned how much it can help a person. My dad just had a major heart attack a few days ago. Its been hard, but I definitely have been able to rely on your music as a source of comfort. It really means a lot to me. I’m not sure if you guys know how much of an impact you have on people, but keep on doing what you are doing, because its working. Iridescent has a whole new meaning for me now. I don’t know if you will read this, but I just wanted to say thanks.

16. fatimalp on November 18, 2010 at 1:00 pm

awesome track! I love it. thank you Mike and thanks for posted the lyrics!

17. melmclaughlan on November 18, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Cool track is cool.

18. soxmandan on November 18, 2010 at 11:19 am

got it. well only the digital copy ha

19. cageburns on November 18, 2010 at 10:04 am

got mine at the summit🙂
    awesomeness in its pure form

20. hanz854 on November 18, 2010 at 9:22 am

Linkin park rocks! pls come to Nicaragua!

21. luki9875 on November 18, 2010 at 9:16 am

why not tell us a bit of story with each song?🙂 great lpu cd. deffinately the best one to date.

22. dshernandez on November 18, 2010 at 9:06 am

Will the LPUX CD be available at bestbuy like usual???????

23. abracadabra33 on November 18, 2010 at 8:30 am

Dear Linkin Park members,

Congratulations on your continuing success as a band, you are entering as well as creating new musical realms, and pretty soon you will be perfecting your new sound and taking listeners to new heights. I’m sure that you will produce songs that will change the world, and perhaps enlighten a world that is shrouded in darkness through your messages of light.
    I am concerned though, you all seem to be working too hard. Please take some time to relax, I hear that aromatherapy is quite effective. Hiring a few massage therapists during your touring wouldn’t go amiss either.

24. souneik on November 18, 2010 at 8:08 am

I cut all the haters out of my life. I don’t care anymore. Its not worth it. They took something I loved and turned into a superficial fiasco about egos, pride, and music politics. I’d rather be alone in complete and utter darkness than to have fake friends fill spots and tell me who I am. Its like the only thing I do know. So yea, F them. Tell em. lol and stop copying me. ;C)

25. bigbadxandro on November 18, 2010 at 7:42 am

wow! this is the best!

26. AThousandSunsLP on November 18, 2010 at 6:51 am

Damn, your rap rocks.

27. evooba on November 18, 2010 at 6:00 am

I can’t wait to renew and get the cd😀 I haven’t listened to it yet but from what they tell me it must be pretty dope🙂

28. millalp94 on November 18, 2010 at 5:53 am

awesome Mike!!! this really rocks! the lyrics are awesome and your rapping anywayxD haha love it<3<3<3

29. twothousandsuns on November 18, 2010 at 5:52 am

The shape of the track looks like a rippled condom.

30. 3infinity on November 18, 2010 at 5:40 am

DO IT LIVE

31. jacrid on November 18, 2010 at 5:40 am

60$ for membership and another 30$ for one cd… i rather take the illegal way in this case -.-“

32. galinmitev on November 18, 2010 at 5:38 am

AWESOME! “Wretches And Kings” Video:

33. lode1989 on November 18, 2010 at 5:27 am

I want to join LPUX 10 but now it seems you don’t have to be LPU member to buy the cd? right?

34. zahralp on November 18, 2010 at 5:08 am

i was looking for the lyrics all day yesterday XD…thanx for the post😉..what we dont know needs a lyrics post too i think XD……..

mike u rock at hip hop ….love the epic style u have😄
    this would pown if u played it live XD…i dont know like remix it with a song or somthing …it will defiantly be awesome! X)

oh mike could u make a rule for ppl not to post comment’s with annoying repetitive videos ,plz

35. jdennis88 on November 18, 2010 at 3:15 am

Ordered mine yesterday! And that track up top, it’s tight. Nice one =]

36. missmeteora20 on November 18, 2010 at 2:43 am

awesome! Mike can you tell me something about the song pretend to be?

37. dorito82 on November 18, 2010 at 2:29 am

listening to it right now, and I think this song would have fit perfectly on A Thousands! LOVE IT!!!

38. alenakol on November 18, 2010 at 1:52 am

I fully support you and your thoughts. music is very beautiful. A possible issue? Why do not you singing a song Dedicated demo 1999, everyone who heard this song love it! This song is the best when listening to her heart stops and I feel the pulse of his heart. This is a very deep song. My dream is for you to perform it in concert in Russia. It would be cool.

39. Kristiina on November 18, 2010 at 1:09 am

Great song, Mike =)) u guys just keep amazing us!!!

40. kliope on November 18, 2010 at 1:08 am

woah! lyrics are amazing! make me wanna join just for that cd:p

41. milasouza11 on November 18, 2010 at 12:56 am

OMG this song is AMAAAAAAAZING!!!! I loved!!
    it should have been put some album! ’cause is the good track!
    in fact, i love everything Linkin Park does. No matter what!

I wanna say, thanks for watching my tribute..

the next is coming!!

I love you much more you can imagine!
    Take care..Kisses
    by:@milasouza from BRAZIL

42. kathyxx on November 18, 2010 at 12:11 am

holy cow, let loose like that more often, that was cool.

43. slowlearner32 on November 17, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I wish I could rap like that…of course the song is already my fav🙂

44. lpfmfan on November 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I find it odd that I was listening to this song right when you posted about it, lol, love “I Have Not Begun” one of my favorite, if not my favorite from the LPUX CD. See you in Houston and Dallas! Maybe Atlanta and Tampa? Hope so! :]

Ana

45. thepixelpod on November 17, 2010 at 11:21 pm

i wish there was a when they come for me DEMO,
    can u send me the demo of that song mike?
    pls in the Lp episodie when chester screams sound so great😀

46. melbapinckney on November 17, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Wooooo! I listen to this track twice before I post here. I’ll listen to it again and again and again. This is DOPE, Mike! I love this song. I’m buying the CD. Thanks, Bro for letting us listen to this.

47. takumademonreborn on November 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm

damn…i wanna join LPU…can i still join even if im not from the US? im from the philippines….

48. DJ Intensity on November 17, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Awesome mike! Your best raps yet. Should definately do this live!

49. benderlp on November 17, 2010 at 10:52 pm

This rocks! Cool track man. Me and my neighbours🙂 are listening that right now!