Linkin Park Gundam Collector’s Edition, Available Tomorrow

November 23, 2010

Exciting news for Gundam collectors: tomorrow, a limited-edition Gundam model kit, bundled with our album A Thousand Suns, will be available.  These images are from the packaging of the kit.  The model looks like this:

The model kit is here on the heels of the “Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs.” arcade game, which uses The Catalyst as its theme song.  This was the first time a western artist has ever been featured in a game bearing the Gundam name.

Here’s a great article about the collaboration:

Purchase yours HERE or HERE

(and for a little history lesson, here are some other times Linkin Park has crossed paths with Gundam / Gundam inspired imagery…)

1. lpablo on November 30, 2010 at 11:16 am

This is great! Btw, you should work with Takehiko Inoue in something, it would be amazing.

2. Alexandra Nofi on November 30, 2010 at 9:30 am

Linkin Park Gundam ga kawaii desu!!!

BTW, do you celebrate Thanksgiving? If so, how was it? I saw the Macy’s Day Parade, in person, not on the TV. It was cold and I was lucky I didn’t lose my toes. Awesome, but, never again.

3. faintypainty on November 29, 2010 at 8:45 am

マイク、どうか私を悩ませるためにストップしてください!

非常にドイツからの挨拶的です! ピアによって

4. dovingbird on November 28, 2010 at 9:27 pm

…oh. My. God. You guys are such NEEEERDS. <3 I love it. Wow. This is just fantastic.

-Dovingbird

5. we7the1people3 on November 28, 2010 at 8:12 pm

Hey mike, idk if you will see this message either but i hope you get a chance to look at the lyrics me and a friend wrote and posted a little bit down on the page. It would mean alot to me and here if you gave us feed back on it.

6. morteza LP on November 28, 2010 at 9:15 am

From the front to the back and
    the side to side
    If you fear what I feel put ‘em up
    real high

just リンキンパーク
    لینکین پارک(linkin park in persian)

7. thegluelpfan on November 28, 2010 at 5:39 am

I would love to get one of those…maybe I’ll get to order one for Christmas :P Somewhere I Belong is actually one of my favorite Linkin Park videos and if I manage to get that package it will be like having something that’s similar to something in the video…lol sounds weird

8. rahulsethi on November 28, 2010 at 3:26 am

Hey Mike ,, please check out lpindiaunlimited.com.co.in
    its the first linkin park fansite by indian fans…….
    pls give your valuable feedback…..
    or reply me at rahul_sethi_4u@yahoo.in

9. melbapinckney on November 27, 2010 at 6:00 pm

COOL!!!

10. lpamericancom on November 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm

Do you wanna win a Hybrdi Theory EP in a contest? http://is.gd/hy1qv

11. thalitashinoda on November 27, 2010 at 10:47 am

Mike, I love you! ♥

12. galinmitev on November 27, 2010 at 10:31 am

Hey,
    Hey, Mike I think you’ll like the “Wretches And Kings” Video that I made:

13. andreas215 on November 26, 2010 at 10:53 am

Hey Mike, your LP Radio is great but are you gonna update it?

14. we7the1people3 on November 26, 2010 at 10:40 am

Hey Mike, Idon’t know if you’ll see this but these are some lyrics that me and a friend put together. Tell us what you think!

Look now she is mad but her eyes say sad. Look at her eyes, filled
    with anger her mind screaming danger danger!! Help her now she has
    gone crazy her vision hazy. This is a syndrome I call guilt upon which
    some lives are built. Now we move on to the one that got broken like a
    frog he be crooken so sad no words are spoken…… He feels down and
    broken. And finally when her insults stop they are fired again like a gun….pop

CHORUS:
    Away Away; Her soul has passed away
    Away Away; The moon is breaking day
    Away Away’ We’ll say goodbye today

15. morteza24 on November 26, 2010 at 1:06 am

just LP

16. cctjehh on November 25, 2010 at 3:18 pm

…That is so awesome!

btw I love the animations of you on the package ^^

17. artemis2620 on November 25, 2010 at 12:34 pm

really ???? but really???

18. AThousandSunsLP on November 25, 2010 at 6:53 am

lol CaptaiNoda.. Mike there’s Transformers tomorrow at the tv! WHAAAAAT I’VE DOOOOONE

19. lode1989 on November 25, 2010 at 4:49 am

Awesome! I gonna try to get it, let’s hope it’s in some Belgium Stores.

20. tehzohar on November 24, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Super Geek out time! I love the art in particular. Each of the guys dressed similar as a character from each Gundam series, that’s classy. If only Bandai would build a full scale of this like they did the RX-78. That as a concert backdrop would be too amazing.

For some reason, Pts.of.Athrty video always reminded me of the Spirits Within Movie, I guess it was the ending.

21. princessrockerlp on November 24, 2010 at 10:53 pm

AWESOME!! MIKE ♥ARIZONA ,ARIZONA,ARIZONA,ARIZONA,ARIZONA,ARIZONA,
    PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE:(
    COME ON LINKIN PARK♥

EVERYDAY I GET UP WITH FAITH, WILL THE DATE OF ARIZONA:(
    I♥ Mike

22. lp13413 on November 24, 2010 at 10:50 pm

You guys should bring Somewhere I Belong back to the live show =)

23. mercenary18 on November 24, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Awesome! i want this so bad!!! excited LP radio is finally up =)

oh and if anyone has time to spare, check out my friend’s music…he’s actually selling it on itunes!! Whooo =D he’s on his way! lets show him sum support…Thanks =)this link shuld take u to it…

24. kytheram on November 24, 2010 at 4:57 pm

hey mike, the radio idea is a very innovative way to interact with fans, I hope it will spawn a new trend.

25. gisseleliana25 on November 24, 2010 at 4:54 pm

hi Mike sorry to bother you here, i need you to tell me when will disclose prices for the show in Dallas Tx. at the American Airlines Center. I was looking for information on the official website of LP, but only show prices for the show at the Toyota Center.If you don’t mind, please give me some information. Thank you very much and again i apologize for bothering you here. Kisses!!!!

26. ellzworth on November 24, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Ah. Nice. You also forgot to add “Breaking A Habit”
    Maybe not Gundam…. but still Gun’DAM COol.

27. jagta on November 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Ugh! good ‘ol times…Gundam! man! I sooooo want want!…No money!hikhik!

28. zahralp on November 24, 2010 at 12:21 pm

XD noway!?!!!! OMG!!!
    “MIKHAM!”
    (“i want” in Persian)

29. bananagabbana on November 24, 2010 at 10:45 am

sweeet package!

30. melmclaughlan on November 24, 2010 at 10:06 am

That is pretty rad.

31. counter17 on November 24, 2010 at 8:02 am

I love LP,

Yeah!!!!!

Hey I want Mike to check out my performance on this “CLASSICO”

Guys Pls chk it out
    comment and rate :–

32. stabztheory on November 24, 2010 at 5:21 am

mine came in the mail this morning :-D so happy it shipped and arrived in one piece….. well many pieces lol heres a pic

33. iamorzing on November 24, 2010 at 4:47 am

haaa! Wt a great news!
    I’ve pre-order this Gundam on HMV jp last month.
    I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!

btw,
    Mike, I seem that you really love the Gundams and animations.
    (well, I just sensed this by intuition lol )

34. crawlinggirl on November 24, 2010 at 4:26 am

I said that since the first Transformers movie. Lp and Transformers are something like pinky and brain. I remembered the SIB video and POA. :) And i have a old perfomance on my Handy. U have the transformers sign on your instrument case. Very old where u have blue hairs. I love transformers and i love Lp.

greetz
    Mieke

35. takumademonreborn on November 24, 2010 at 4:22 am

i was a really big fan of gundam back in the day LOL

36. dorito82 on November 24, 2010 at 3:57 am

I hadn’t seen, or paid enough attention to the video for SIB until recently. I was hooked on the opening sequence with the robot thing, which I now know is gundam inspired.

37. fatimalp on November 24, 2010 at 2:13 am

wow, so cool! thanks for sharing & for all the info!

38. argol8489 on November 23, 2010 at 8:47 pm

great … I like that you were part of the kit.

39. souneik on November 23, 2010 at 7:38 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay okay okay okay. You win. That %&*$&&% mine! I slaved to get these lil bucks for the only thing keeping me sane here but F it. Lol you guys better visit me when I lose my mind in exchange for guah… gundams

40. madna29 on November 23, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Something that I’ve been waiting for finally came out as well. Success to you all ..

41. milasouza11 on November 23, 2010 at 6:36 pm

;;;;;;;;; MIKE SHINODA TATTOO ;;;;;;;;;;

Heyy Mikee!!
    I don’t know why you’re ignoring me.
    Didn’t you like the tattoo i made to you? I did it, just to show you
    how much i love you. I know, and you know too.. anyone more made a tattoo
    of your face and your name, like I did.
    So “DON’T TURN ON BACK ON ME, I WON’T BE IGNORED”.

PLEASE WATCH THE TATTO!!
    I bet, you’ll like it! =]

By:@milasouza from BRAZIL

42. chester003 on November 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm

haays… wanting to have one… is this available to stores or online only? cant afford the international shipping fee.. im from the philippines… LP rules! :D

-James CHESTER™

43. pinguninjitsu on November 23, 2010 at 5:32 pm

I forrealz want one >.< maybe I can convince some one to get it for my for my birthday :D! Congrats on being the first western artist being featured thats pretty epic!

44. Hell_enia on November 23, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Is there any chance we’ll be having a new vinyl with demos with LPUX, such as LPU9 ?
    It was a wonderful idea.

45. randoms98 on November 23, 2010 at 3:02 pm

That’s so cool! btw happy late 5th birthday The Rising Tied, and Mike I think it wants a little brother :)

46. gnaa93 on November 23, 2010 at 1:24 pm

AAA THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! I WANT ONE!!!! =(
    Linkin Park Gundam times are the best!!!!

47. eeyore54 on November 23, 2010 at 12:46 pm

This looks nice Mike! I’m pretty sure Joe must have got his own already right? :)
    BTW your radio’s sweet. You just rock the world guys :D

48. evooba on November 23, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Oh seems so cool :D Thx for sharing!

49. thomasbrablec on November 23, 2010 at 12:30 pm

You have no idea how much I’ve always loved Gundam Wing. I’ve watched it as a kid! I would really love to get one of these, but I don’t have the money. I actually don’t even have space. I wouldn’t know where to put it. I’d have to make a glass showcase for it and put it on my wall! haha
    Linkin Park for life! You guys are the best. I’d love to meet you someday.

50. 3infinity on November 23, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I knew you guys were hardcore geeks, no I love LP even more!

51. slowlearner32 on November 23, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Mike, I already pre-ordered it ;)
    I’m not a big fan of Gundam though…
    I’ll make a vid about it so I’ll be happy if you check it out.
    The trailer is here…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzWqz4Ae6is

52. millalp94 on November 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm

omg! thats sooo cool!!!<3 :):):)

53. linkinparkette on November 23, 2010 at 12:23 pm

thats so cool!!! gundams!! g gundams i miss that show and that be so cool to get :3

54. lazizash on November 23, 2010 at 12:23 pm

(GREAT! OMG! YOU R A GENIUS!) Hi Mike. I’m from
    Uzbekistan. I’m a big fan LP
    (realy!)
    When you (LP) come to
    Uzbekistan? (it ’s in Central
    Asia) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Wanna see your perfom!
    I Luv LP!

55. alenakol on November 23, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Video is blocked … insulting. although there is something already seen, but still sorry …

56. Rayan Lenox on November 23, 2010 at 11:52 am

Congrats to the firs western artists who are part of Gundam games history)))
    P.S. I still don’t understand why the name of the band is written in katakana… You are tooo popular to transliterate “LP”, IMHO, thought it must have something to do with the laws of trade in general =)

57. DS_insomniatic on November 23, 2010 at 11:51 am

in the photo of the box you look awesome (all the band)!!! that’s so great :D oh, LP radio is so awesome <3 <3 <3

58. Claudia B. on November 23, 2010 at 11:50 am

Sweet mother of Gaaad. I’m so getting one for me and my cousin!

By the way, happy belated The Rising Tied 5th birthday.

59. lorenalp on November 23, 2010 at 11:47 am

thanks for the post mike! listening to LP radio ;)

60. benderlp on November 23, 2010 at 11:46 am