World Tour 2010: Australia & U.S.

November 28, 2010

I’m about to leave for Australia; very excited to see you guys this week.  In the past few months, we’ve gotten some glowing reviews of the show (The Guardian, Burton Mail, Jerusalem Post, WitsAndNuts, and more)…and we’re thrilled to be bringing that show to our fans down under, where A THOUSAND SUNS has already gone platinum (thanks)!  I’m hoping to play some great shows AND get some of my holiday shopping done (unfortunately, I think I’ve already bought enough boomerangs and kangaroo pouches for whoever might want them at home, so I’ll have to come up with better gifts for this year).

Speaking of gifts, our upcoming U.S. concert dates are posted here on LinkinPark.com–just in time for your holiday shopping.  (Linkin Park concert tickets make a much better present than that stupid gift card you were going to get, FYI).

1. thegluelpfan on December 3, 2010 at 9:08 am

That would definitely be the perfect gift if it was going along with a plane ticket😀 Next year!

2. gxhlfd on December 2, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Hey Mike, please don’t collaborate with Jay-Z while performing in melbourne. I was reading an article in which Chester stated there was a possibility of Jay-Z appearing during the Australian leg of your tour. I love the songs on collision course, however i think your new stuff is far better as well as the other Linkin Park albums. I would prefer to see you guys live just as Linkin Park. Cheers, can’t wait until December 13.

3. linkinparkette on December 2, 2010 at 10:47 am

u know its all good… so i cant go to a lp concert in the first months of 011.. evil snow -.-
    i will see if you guys will come back… i will not let this get me down… *cries*. hope to see u guys around indiana again, my first concert was awesome. cant wait to see u guys again :3
    cant wait to see videos from u guys tour :3

4. simonehollie on December 2, 2010 at 2:08 am

I really can’t wait to see you guys on the 13th of December in Melbourne! I’ll be up front going crazy with my friends and having the time of my life!😀 xox

5. randoms98 on December 1, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Duh, you guys never fail to impress live. I can’t wait for January 22! But, I still can’t get my tickets, argg! Anyways, good luck in Australia! I’m sure they’ll love you there. btw Nice ending to that. It was funny, mean, and sarcastic ALL at ONCE! lol

6. mindkiller58 on November 30, 2010 at 12:27 pm

lol! great video!!!

hey mike pleas come to México!!!!!!

check out this video

Linkin Park Street Team Mexico!!!!

7. Alexandra Nofi on November 30, 2010 at 9:24 am

I really want to go to the Madison Square Garden show, I really do, but, in between rent and Christmas shopping, I really don’t have the money for the concert and train ticket. Plus it’ll still be winter, and, even though the show is indoors, I hate traveling in the winter.

8. zzaacc on November 30, 2010 at 8:18 am

i really wanna go but tickets are sold out for the melbourne show😦 its so devastating. iv been a huge fan of LP. been a fan since the start. the music has helped me(as well as many others) through the good times, and the bad. Maybe i can donate my services to music for relief….
    nevertheless, hope the tour goes well, even if im unable to attend. 10 years waiting so far, whats another 1 or 2😦
    god bless🙂

9. cctjehh on November 29, 2010 at 11:55 pm

it’s snowing here… and you’ll be laying in the sun in Australia, life’s not fair ^^
    well have fun (:

10. takumademonreborn on November 29, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I really wish your world tour will include the philippines

11. millasouza11 on November 29, 2010 at 5:29 pm

please watch the VIDEO
    ********************** MIKE SHINODA TATTOO **********************

12. autumnoh12 on November 29, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Can’t wait for February 17th!😀

13. kazregan on November 29, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Wishing you safe travels to Austalia Mike & can’t wait to see you in Newcastle this Sat night! While you’re in town, i can highly recommend visiting the local wineries at the Hunter Valley vineyards if you’re looking for some special Aussie Xmas gifts. And I’m more than happy to show you guys around if you need a guide!! Enjoy Aust!

14. slowlearner32 on November 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm

そろそろ日本に来てね ;)

15. souneik on November 29, 2010 at 3:01 pm

…ugh your killing me with all these temptations. ::squint eyes:: Just you wait Shinoda, just you wait…muhahahaha

16. annack82 on November 29, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Hello.. I’m hoping there’ll be opportunity to visit Poland while tour in 2011 and make a big show! Fingers cross!:)

17. zahralp on November 29, 2010 at 9:55 am

wish the best for u guys at AUS and back in the states tours,,,,,i’m positively sure its gonna be great😉

18. dovingbird on November 29, 2010 at 9:39 am

Wow, the comments say you have a lot of really emo fans. o.O

With that being said, you taunt me with these posts. I look forward to the day I can afford to see you guys on tour.

Go kick some tail in Australia, and sneak out a few kangaroos and wombats and emus. I’ve heard they’re always entertaining Christmas presents, especially when they get loose.

-Dovingbird

19. keilah136 on November 29, 2010 at 9:08 am

Yeah, if you can afford the $500 plane ticket to Toronto… Guess I’m not going AGAIN :'[

20. melbapinckney on November 29, 2010 at 8:23 am

Hi Mike!! I’m sooo excited to hear from you:D) You fun in Australia starting 12/03/10. I’m not doing too good. I’m under the weather(sick) around Thanksgiving. I hope I feel better. Speaking of your Christmas shopping, I want that kangroo pouch, hahaha. I love kangroo pouches(aka fanny packs), but seriously, I told you already, I bought tickets for US 2011 tour. So, yes it’s a great Christmas gift from me to me:D hahaha! Yeah, Mike your right, it’s way better than a stupid gift card, hahaha! LOL. Take Care:D)

21. maqleta on November 29, 2010 at 7:34 am

Mike honey, please do it is very difficult to participate in the LINKIN PARK ROCK IN RIO 4 IN 2011? I’m doing everything to join the band event (because it would be the only reason I go to that festival) Brazil is not only SP , Brazil is a continental country full of fans of LINKIN PARK, I WANT TO SEE SHOW 1 OF MY FAVORITE BAND, WILL ASK WHAT IS MUCH? I WANT TO BE HAPPY WHEN YOU COME TO CELEBRATE MY COUNTRY, BUT I JUST CRY, CRY ME saddens me FRUSTRATED ETC.

22. julkavolk on November 29, 2010 at 7:12 am

sometimes I started to think that Linkin Park have forgotten about Ukrane!!!
    but I still hope that I will see and hear LP in Ukraine!🙂

23. aline4lp on November 29, 2010 at 6:49 am

Have fun in Australia and US, I’d love to be there but it’s so far away😦
    Waiting for you to come to Germany again…
    Btw it would be great if you guys do a Live DVD from the tour!!!

24. millalp94 on November 29, 2010 at 6:21 am

awesome!:)
    I’m very happy for the australien and american fans to finally see you live!!:)

your concert in Hamburg/Germany was amazing!!! Just the best day in my life!!!!
    Please come back soon!!!
    Love ya<3

25. evooba on November 29, 2010 at 6:14 am

Have fun in Australia and go rock them out like you did in Europe😀 Haha, I hope you’ll come up with a good gift idea. Get Dave a plastic toy fish like the one in his DP on twitter! It’d be super funny xD or a banana lol!

26. adiek84 on November 29, 2010 at 4:30 am

On my Christmas-Wishlist: 1 flight Germany – USA on January 20th; 1 flight USA – Germany on February 27th; 22 Linkin Park tickets; enough money to pay for hotel rooms, though I would be satisfied with a bridge and a sleeping bag, too. Who wants to play Santa???

27. hawktnz on November 29, 2010 at 3:45 am

Great that your having an awesome time, and heading downunder, Though we sooo hoped you’d come back to NZ, petitions were started, notices on boards, but alias we haven’t been heard, oh well, U2, JayZ and other artists make the effort, I guess NZ is just not profitable enough for LP huh? And obviously having an earthquake destroy a good part of our 2nd largest city and now a Coal mining disaster that killed 29 hard working men, devastating a small community on our Southern Island, doesn’t even warrent Music for Reliefs attention neither.. I’ve been a devoted fan for so long… now. not so sure. you write the greatest music. but actions always speak louder than screaming words…

28. Minvasion on November 29, 2010 at 3:07 am

hm why you don´t make a concert with pendulum in germany? D:

29. jozzie8 on November 29, 2010 at 2:52 am

Mike I think there are many other things that you will come across in Australia apart from boomerangs and kangaroo pouches! See you guys on the 13th December. So excited!

30. jagta on November 29, 2010 at 1:16 am

Aaww! you’re sooo mean! LOL
    Even if it’s just a stupid and cheap card at least it comes from the heart! I love You MIKE-san. Arigato!

31. milasouza11 on November 29, 2010 at 1:02 am

HEYYY MIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Congratulations for A THOUSAND SUNS has already gone platinum!!
    Linkin Park deserve everything and much more!!
    Good Luck next tour, Australia!

I don’t know if you watch or not..
    but i’m put here again.. I DID THIS TATTOO NOV.08 (2 days after my birthday).
    I hope you like! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    please check the video

by: @milasouza11 MILA -From Brazil

32. jdennis88 on November 29, 2010 at 1:00 am

I can’t wait to see you guys play on the 11th and 15th =]

33. shinodatwin on November 29, 2010 at 12:43 am

Hey Mike,
    Hope you guys will have an awesome time! Congrats on going platinum! I am really happy for you guys. You guys deserve it and nothing but the best, I am getting LP Tickets as a stocking stuffer, LingOL. I am planning on see you guys on Feb, 23rd. I can’t wait! See you guys soon and Hope all is well with you and everyone. Take care🙂 PS-GO Lakers! I have a good feeling they are going to be in the finals. Shannon Brown has been Epic! The whole team has been doing a good job staying in the game.
    Best Wishes,
    Shinoda Twin™

34. lpfmfan on November 28, 2010 at 11:38 pm

Yay USA USA USA! lol >.>

So excited for next year Mike😀 have fun in Australia😀

35. sky0fdust on November 28, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Mike I was going to get a boomerang for my girlfriend, but after reading your post, i have changed my mind. Instead, I’m going to buy tickets to your show at MSG and have her come with me as my gift to her lol. I also just wanted to say I was at your first show at MSG and you guys were above and beyond perfect than you normally are. It would be amazing and also a great collectors item for you to put out a live DVD playing at the Garden. Call it “LP:MSG” That may be corny, but what I’m trying to say is; think about this — The worlds greatest band playing at the worlds most famous arena. History caught on film for us to replay in our DVD players for a lifetime. Just saying. Thanks Mike

36. cinthia22 on November 28, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Please Mike come to Peru in your next world tour!!…:)
    there are many fans here and “Linkin Park Peru” has gone to your concert and attended the “meet and greet” in Argentina!…
    please come to Peru…I’m waiting for that moment!…I wish you Merry Christmas…and all the guys too!…:D

37. aivlysrodriguez on November 28, 2010 at 11:20 pm

too bad I don’t get gift cards for christmas😄 I buy my own gifts…counting down the days to purchase my ticket🙂

38. mercenary18 on November 28, 2010 at 11:10 pm

heck yes tickets are a better gift! im trying to tell my mom that..haha went xmas shopping today…wow its still krazy out there!! that new Halo game is out…so is fallout…i cant remember when Call of Duty black ops will be out but those would be great for gamers…the new Assassins Creed looks pretty sick =) cant wait for Arkham Asylum 2!!!! im sure Phoenix would love that =) (but thats not out til Jan. 31st) as for nongamers…i..dont..know hahaha Goodluck!

39. dorito82 on November 28, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Mike, you’re alive and well! *waves* Hope you and a great thanksgiving with your family! Um, hypothetically here, what if you have people on your gift list who aren’t LP fans? Shocking, I know… yeah, I think I’ll buy an LP ticket (for myself) and gift cards (for most everyone else)! ha

Have a great time on tour and remember: No BB guns for the kids! Don’t need anyone shooting there eye out! lol

40. spockinapinto on November 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm

So, does that mean you’re going to be hanging around Brisbane city any time soon? ‘Cause we have some amazing Australiana stores I can totally recommend for you and they etch away from your typical stuff.

Far out, 4 more sleeps Australian time til I see you live in Brisbane, words can not even express how excited I am…

41. princessrockerlp on November 28, 2010 at 11:01 pm

mike PLEASE come To AZ !
    every day I wake up hoping that day comes!
    Please mike ilove LP 4 years!
    and I’m a big fan!
    There are many fans who are waiting in AZ!
    please♥♥LP♥♥

42. kliope on November 28, 2010 at 10:41 pm

I`d love to see you guys again like in Madrid!
    have fun in the tour and with the shopping!