How To Use The New LPU

December 10, 2010

As many of you know, the LP Underground has been undergoing a lot of changes in the past few months.  Recently, we moved some of the features over to a new online home, and many people (including myself!) have been wondering about the differences between using the old site vs. the new one at www.LPU.LinkinPark.com.

I did a little research, and I have some answers about how to best use the new LPU.

Firstly, this is the new LPU profile page.  This is LP Underground’s official “identity,” where you can see all of LPU’s headlines.  LPU HQ updates this page regularly, to let you know how to make the most of your membership–taking advantage of concert ticket presales, opportunities to meet me and the other guys, and new features we’re rolling out as part of the LPU.

If you’re a member of LinkinPark.com, then (besides being smart, good-looking, and talented) you can join the LPU group at this link below, to stay in touch with what’s going on with the LPU, and talk to other LPU members: http://www.linkinpark.com/group/lpundergroundmembers.

And lastly, this week, we’ll be putting the chat page back up–but with an improvement.  Like the old one, the new page will have a text chat; but the new chat will also have a video window so the band can video chat with you.  Band chats will be scheduled regularly, but expect us to drop by unannounced.  (Side note: I’ve stopped video chatting on UStream, and I’ll be doing more private chats with LPU in the future, on the new chat page.  I want to try it that way, because it’ll be a smaller group and less spamming going on).

I hope that helps; You’ll definitely get more out of your LPU membership by visiting the links above.  And for anyone who hasn’t joined the Underground: if you want to take advantage of the pre-sale tickets, chatting with the band, and more, visit http://lpu.linkinpark.com/ to become a member.

Incidentally, LPU is not just for Linkin Park superfans; it’s an organization our band created to give Linkin Park listeners the best experience we can.  We offer the best LP concert seats at great prices, never-before-heard music, incredible events where you can meet the band, and an online community where you can stay in touch with what’s going on in our world, among other things.

See you guys at the upcoming LP Underground Summit in Sydney…

1. thegluelpfan on December 18, 2010 at 9:08 am

I’m about to check it out actually…didn’t have internet acess last week so I missed the first chat but I will catch up on it😀

2. linkinparkgiss on December 16, 2010 at 6:11 am

Hey hanks you Mike! ^^

I made it video for you! and u guys from Linkin Park! ^^
    Is a special version of In The End live in Argentina! ^^

Greetings from Argentina.

—GisselleEs

3. thomasbrablec on December 15, 2010 at 9:51 am

I wish I could join the LPU. Unfortunately, I don’t have the money. I might ask my parents to pay it for me for my birthday. I really hope you guys come to Brno, Czech Republic some time (I know it’s not that simple). I would love to see you play. You guys are amazing! “The Messenger” is f**king amazing live!
    Linkin Park for life! You guys are the best!

4. evik90 on December 15, 2010 at 4:37 am

Thank you for the information, Mike. But I have a question – does it mean that if I want to be a member of LPU, I have to pay a monthly/annual amount or my membership ends? That means I would have to wait till you have a concert in my country, pay $60 to have a chance to meet you and after a year pay again or byebye.. I might understand it wrong but I didn’t find any information about this..

5. adiek84 on December 15, 2010 at 3:52 am

A little story about the LPU: Years ago I met a girl at a train station. We started to talk when she noticed that I was listening to LP with my discman (I said YEARS ago). She said that I should join the LPU because “you get t-Shirts and other cool stuff all the time!”. Yesterday I finally joined the LPU and I must say that it wasn’t as exciting as I imagined. The LPU is really great if you wanna see a live show, but there should be more extra stuff for fans that don’t get to see a show and still pay 60$ for the LPU. Long story short, there should be more online extra stuff or free merch (little things like buttons or stickers can make you feel special ;-D) for LPU members.

6. itsumademorokku on December 15, 2010 at 1:18 am

i feel like i have to apologize (._.)
    i know that this payment condition is not your fault
    and i know the thinks i said been wrong and mean
    i also know that LPU/LPX members are nothing special it just means they get a special fanservice because they pay for it… but it feels bad if a new fan thing he have a higher value than someone who support you since a really long time(nearly 11 years) but just can’t enter because of a creditcard… i hope you can understand me somehow

honto ni gomen nasai (._.)

7. hallibennoda on December 14, 2010 at 4:54 am

damn, i wish i could join all the fun going on on the lpu site!
    but hey, we dont all have the magic $60 . sob sob. lolz

8. jehsta on December 14, 2010 at 3:13 am

@AMANDAPINK2:you’re definately right.great remix from ZWIER.Z.
    to all lp fans:listen to his album Revolution of Values.There are some great tracks on it.

9. amandapink2 on December 13, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Hey Mike did you hear about the last lplive.net exclusive? This remix is amazing!

10. sorenmohdnoor on December 13, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Hi.🙂

Wrote a review for Linkin Park’s A Thousand Suns. Here’s the link.🙂

Thank you.🙂

11. zahralp on December 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm

i’m still in lpu9 till march …
    😉

ps:i would have blocked so many users from my site if i were u ,lots of disturbingness here with all the repetitive videos being posted

btw miike snow’s animal song is driving me nuts😄 and its all lpradios fault😄

12. in491 on December 13, 2010 at 9:32 am

You are becoming older,Mike…….

13. anaphx on December 13, 2010 at 5:43 am

Hey Mike!

Ah nice seems like you’ve read my posts on ustream, asking you to do videochats only in the LPUchats to get less spammed…
    Anyway I hope you won’t forget the time of the present LPU years, the LPUMB is now unfortunately dead but we had an awesome time!
    The LPUMB brought a lot of people from every corner of the world and we build a small group within, those who actually posted every day since the day they joined.

thank you for the LPUMB and well we won’t have this again with the new one but well…I hope we get more and more video chats🙂

AND THANK YOU FOR BLACKOUT AND BURINING IN THE SKIES!

14. svstels on December 13, 2010 at 4:02 am

Hey, check out my alternative music! =)

15. aline4lp on December 12, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Thanks for posting these links, Mike.
    But I don’t have to log in anywhere with my LPU membership, so has every LP.com member access to the features?

16. Michael Gonzalez on December 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm

17. lyneblue on December 12, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Hi Mike! I just want to know what’s the point in paying a membership if anybodyelse can have access to the LPU page and can do anything they want to without log in and also I’d like to know where are our friends and the pics and everythings we had on LPU ? you seems to be the one who cares for us on LPU for now… I don’t know where Adam is now, he doesn’t answer……..

18. sabsyz on December 12, 2010 at 8:18 am

hi mike
    i sent a message to YOU yesterday on lp.com about FACEBOOK i know about your message from 2008 okay, but there are exactly 2 profiles they are saying that they are real and there are many private photos on it, so please when u are or not are on FACEBOOK PLEASE comment this on LP.COM , there is a lot of trouble under the fans and they are speaking bad words to each other in the chat thats not good pl help us

lovely greets

19. cescopa on December 12, 2010 at 6:57 am

Hi mike, excuse me, but when you’ll play burning in the skies live???

20. riachen on December 12, 2010 at 5:06 am

thank you so muxh for all these information. i am new (since October) at lpu and i din´t understand it first. then a little more and now i understand nearly everything. thank you so much. hope to see you in the lpu chat one time.^^

21. jdennis88 on December 11, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Fantastic show in Sydney last night, energy was amazing!!! Can’t wait for the summit too! =]

22. cezar_lp on December 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Mike, if I buy the new LPU and I live in Southamerica….what will be the benefits?? or do you guys will return the next year??? *O*

23. faintypainty on December 11, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Mike, i have the problem, that the lpu and so on isn´t easy enough for me to understand and i don´t know the old lpu too.

Why is that so uneasy?

24. bigbadxandro on December 11, 2010 at 7:27 am

Make LPU summit in the Philippines! PLEASE!!!!!

25. Minvasion on December 11, 2010 at 4:51 am

make a summit in germany.

26. wjudson on December 11, 2010 at 3:42 am

Uh, I have the LPUX membership but it says I’m not subscribed? Did it through log on with G-Mail. Could use some help figuring this out.

27. Ally on December 10, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Oh Mike it’s nice to know you care that you find us all utterly good-looking, and smart (you sure about this one now?).

Anyways, thanks for the information it was helpful, and my renewal ship comes up next week too lol. Hopefully I can see ya’ll chat eventually on the videos, and are you going to shoot for 30 minutes of stupid again?

28. dorito82 on December 10, 2010 at 11:30 pm

I’m not an LPU member, but I’ve been driven insane by people who have been complaining about it on facebook and at LP.COM.

No more LiveStream!? Don’t have an account their, either, so I always had to wait until the chat was put up. Many, many late night laughs! It was awesome, but I respect your decision to not want to continue… Hopefully, you can find another way to show us non-lpuer’s some love on occassion, even though, we know that you love us! (:

29. shinodatwin on December 10, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Thanks for updating us Mike. Hope to see you guys at the US summit. I will see you guys February 23rd. Hope all is well, take care.🙂

30. hardik7 on December 10, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Mike before deciding such drastic change in the structure & activities of LPUX, you & other 5 guys should have considered us, the INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS. And specifically the members “who never got LP gig in their respective countries.”

Extreme (myself), Aditya, Himanshi, Aravind etc are from India some of these are in LPU for around 3 years.

Till LPU9 we were getting merch which was one of the significant way of having something of the band which we loved. And now it comes with price tag on top of 60$.

So can you tell us what kind of perks apart from online downloads & band chats LPUX have underneath it’s hood for the international members where LP never performed a gig?

31. Rana LP addict on December 10, 2010 at 3:51 pm

😀 Firstly : Did you unsubscribe me ?? If that could happen!!
    WEll, imay not be smart and talented but ihave a good looking ! xD You know what seriously!!!!! THat LPU is for super LP fans only ! Cause we wait for you like dying and you never come on LinkinPark.comChat……!!!! So people have to join and be special attending such as the LPUSummit .. Well, if you want to know i’ll be joining next year!!!It’s not a fault i can’t join LPU!!ok😦 i wish i was in Sydney. Hope i can see your answer to me which will make 2010 a GREAT year to me…… Hope The Tour goes AWESOME and have fun in Sydney!

32. galinmitev on December 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm

“Wretches And Kings” Video:

33. itsumademorokku on December 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm

(T-T) no ustream?
    …thank you for kicking your true fans in the butt
    the payment conditions sucks like always…

34. phoenixdragon83 on December 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Kathy, I totally understand your frustration…

Please feel free to hit me up via PM on the site (linkinpark.com/profile/dragonlp20) and I’ll see how I can possibly help.

Also, I’m working on updating my own FAQ for the new LPUX….

Mike: Like I tweeted thank you so much for posting this. I hope everything is going well Down Under with the tour. Can’t wait to see you guys on January 25th.

35. 3infinity on December 10, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Must….register

36. linkinparkette on December 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm

oh thats cool… cuz it feels so weird not being on the lpu and talking in the chat room. i talk to ppl out side of it. the ones that i met on the site, but its just not the same

37. kathyxx on December 10, 2010 at 12:50 pm

I wonder when LPUX is gonna launch (and don’t tell me it has, I’m not stupid). The Linkin Park Underground Masonic Committee Of Secrecy hasn’t said a peep about how its all coming along, and every time they’ve kept their mouth shut implied weeks or months in delays like in past LPU launches, like when they had the email system offline for 5 MONTHS without notice.

Mike, the fact that you’re the first person to tell us any of the features of the new website is really a sign that the people actually at LPU don’t give a crap. The people at LPU firmly believe that ignoring a problem makes it go away, and after making it $60 I’d thought they’d change their tune. I’m tired of secrets.

38. millasouza11 on December 10, 2010 at 12:40 pm

i’ll be a member LPU!

MS TATTOO

39. enjadreal on December 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm

thanx for those information! this is the first usefull officiall post i’ve read bout lpux…

i like lpu, the chat, my friends i made… but at the moment i’m really upset bout things like lpu9 shutting down without lpux being there… i dunno if there’s a special reason for it… but if there is, i wonder what… i just wanna be told… i’ll understand if that reason is understandable…

i also would appreciate if we get that lost time, without lpu, back… cuz i’m a poor student and i know there r more…

hmmm i hope this wasn’t too harsh… but i just wanted it being said

and i chose ur blog cuz i know there will be an open ear =)

thanx for existing

40. adiek84 on December 10, 2010 at 11:48 am

As I am planning to see my first LP show in Germany next year (YAY), I’m definitely considering a LPU membership. The chance of winning a m&g, getting better seats and participating in the LPU Summit make a membership really attractive. I think it’s pretty sad though that you stop the Ustream chat because some morons couldn’t stop spamming (thanks, you stupid idiots!). Fans that can’t afford a LPU membership now have to do without the chance to chat with you. Of course, it’s understandable that you’d rather do a LPU chat out of that reason (I’d probably do the same), but I’m sure a lot of fans will be disappointed.

41. souneik on December 10, 2010 at 11:47 am

I hear ya mogul Mike and your sales pitch is impeccable. But my 9 year old clone wants the Barbie Dream House. Ah, I’ll probably figure something out.
    My gift for the last few has been to get them gifts. A great gift considering the mental anguish my mind puts me through if I let someone down. I was listening to Meteora earlier & even tho I’ve heard it a million times I’m still able to relate to lyrics which I’m now able to comprehend to new extents. I think thats what makes a great album, one that never gets old and evolves and grows with you. =)

42. Alexandra Nofi on December 10, 2010 at 10:41 am

I think it’s interesting how you are more willing to give us information about LPUX with a nice, polite, respectful attitude, and how, whenever we ask Adam or Jessica about the club, they get defensive or are flat-out rude.

I’m glad to hear that ustream is getting kicked to the curb, it stopped being fun when people started spamming and calling you names. I think it’ll be more enjoyable for everyone to have a nice, quiet, NORMAL chat without all hell breaking loose. You breathe, sleep, pee and poo just like everybody else on the planet, there is no reason for people to act so insane.

43. princessrockerlp on December 10, 2010 at 7:40 am

thanks Mike,,I wait in az,, iloveu…I want the M&G is my dream♥LP♥

44. takumademonreborn on December 10, 2010 at 7:20 am

damn….i wanna be a member of LPU

45. aud31 on December 10, 2010 at 7:03 am

Are you supposed to be able to log in on the new site or right now is it just those few pages? The only links are to home, redeem membership, tour, lpu community, and linkinpark.com. I tried to redeem my membership but it wouldn’t let me because I already did that when I bought tickets for the north american tour.

46. slowlearner32 on December 10, 2010 at 6:56 am

Go Go リンキンパーク!

47. nikkiann0100 on December 10, 2010 at 6:52 am

Thanks for the clarification. Im hoping to hear the announcement for the US summit soon so everybody doesnt have to make plans at the last minute.

48. evooba on December 10, 2010 at 6:18 am

I’d love to check out the new LPU site but something’s wrong. I’ve been trying to renew my membership since december 5th and all I get is this: “We’re sorry but your request was declined. Try again later”:/ That message keeps popping out every time I try to renew:/ Dunno what’s wrong😦

49. calliope288 on December 10, 2010 at 5:51 am

Oh thank god! Some info about the LPU! Thanks alot Mike🙂 A LPU video chat?! wow that sounds awesome! Can’t wait for it!😀

50. millalp94 on December 10, 2010 at 5:36 am

“…you’re a member of LinkinPark.com, then (besides being smart, good-looking, and talented) you can join the LPU group…”

haha, that’s awesome MikexD
    thanks for the many infos🙂
    love you<3

51. lpfaint43 on December 10, 2010 at 4:50 am

as much as i support you guys and everything you try to do with for fans, i really miss the old LPU😦 especially if that is the new “forum”. i also dont understand what we paid $60 for when the old LPU was cheaper AND get package+physical CDs included. i guess we will have to wait for the full site

52. chelseasw3 on December 10, 2010 at 4:48 am

You’ve saved our lives Mike😉 Thanks so much ^_^ It was such a big mess because many LPU members couldn’t understand why we were all mixed up with people registered on Linkinpark.com. In fact we were missing our inner circle😀

53. didilp on December 10, 2010 at 4:29 am

Thank you Mike for these infos!😀

54. lillyhfg on December 10, 2010 at 4:13 am

55. BlackChester on December 10, 2010 at 3:40 am

cool.. thanks for the headsup… how can we see when our membership expires?