Linkin Park 2010 Wrap Up

December 31, 2010

2010 has been a great year for me and my band. Here are some 2010 year-end stats for the LP record books:

We released “A Thousand Suns”, which debuted at #1 in 15 countries.

The album debuted with an amazing contest called “Linkin Park Featuring You” on MySpace where fans were given pieces of our first single before it was released. They remixed the tracks, and we picked a winner named NoBrain–and included his work on our album.

We got a chance to play in a number of places we’ve never visited before, including the U.A.E. and Israel.

At home in the U.S., our first single, “The Catalyst” was the first #1 debut in the history of the Billboard Rock Songs chart. “The Catalyst” and “Waiting For The End” both went to #1 on the Alternative radio chart, bringing our career tally to ten #1 songs thus far.

LP won an EMA for “Best Live Act,” and we’re in the running for the upcoming People’s Choice Awards, Japan Gold Disc Awards and German Echo Awards.

We released 8-Bit Rebellion for iPod, iPod Touch, and iPad, which debuted at #1 on the iTunes music app chart.

“A Thousand Suns” became Nielsen Soundscan’s #1 Best Selling Rock album of 2010

Chester made an appearance in Saw 3D, which also saw a #1 debut at the box office

We held our first LP Underground Summits, in London and Sydney, which quickly became one of the most memorable experiences for LPU members who attended.

As the year comes to a close, we’ll be crossing 20 million Facebook fans (more than Starbucks, Disney, or McDonalds–but still catching up to Michael Jackson at 26MM!)

Following the earthquake in Haiti, the band organized Download To Donate (downloadtodonate.org) where supporters and fans of over a dozen bands could come to download tracks for free, and donate funds to support relief efforts in Haiti. This effort is ongoing.

“A Thousand Suns” was a risky album–one that veered off a more predictable path into territory that definitely got fans and non-fans talking. It’s been fun to see how perceptions and opinions have changed. As we move into the next year, we’ll be looking forward to the next leg of the world tour, another single, another video, and whatever else comes next. A huge “thank you” is due to everyone who has helped make 2010 a successful year for the band. We appreciate you.

Happy New Year!

MEETING OF A THOUSAND SUNS
DOCUMENTARY

1. sarssbs97 on December 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm

I know it’s late (very late), but just one question. Other fans may have asked you this too, but… Are you coming back to UAE? And do you have plans to perform in India?

2. linkinprincess on February 12, 2011 at 11:59 am

i love linkin park and all the things that you do
    A thousand suns is the best album, and i love how you look in the video waiting for the end, you are so cute.
    Hey mike, when linkin park and you will come to Peru???

*Sorry if my english is bad wraiting

I LOVE YOU MIKE……… I AM YOUR FAN #1!!!!!!!

3. betty108 on January 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Wow.. What a year– for yourselves and the fans, too.

4. kerokda on January 12, 2011 at 5:28 am

Wow.. just watched the vid for Catalyst. Amazing. Mike, couldn’t help but thinking you look like Ezio in the video.. makes me want to shop you into Rome with an assassin’s uniform on.. :D

5. linkinparkforever275 on January 10, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Thank you Mike!

Yes, indeed, 2010 was an awesome year for you guys! With A Thousand Suns you built something up, something new and something very intense! At the end of 2010, i sat down and went through all the stuff, like pictures i made at my first meet and greet, lptv episodes and of course a thousand suns! It was a nice way to end 2010! Like you said, it was just perfect!
    A few hours ago, i watched the frat party at the pancake festival dvd, and i started laughin and kinda think back to the older days where you got your red hair and so on! You guys just made it! You just got better and better and you will be better and better in the future! Thank you for the time you gave us!

6. joletta on January 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Hey Mike and company,
    Check this out. My whole family performed a dance to “Waiting For The End” on New Years. Thanks for the awesome music!

-Joletta

7. janine1978 on January 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Hi Mike, I wish you and your band members a happy and prosperous 2011. Thank you for this grand annual review of you. I should like to thank you for the year 2010, without you 2010 was very difficult for me. Your new album “A Thousand Suns” and your tour (I was in Berlin, the new M & G – maybe you remember from the “Sauerkraut glass”;)) has helped me out of my deep hole out. So many thanks your loved ones – for your music and there you are. LG from Germany. LP ROCKS

8. lapkoola on January 6, 2011 at 7:59 am

How is it possible that God’ve given you so many talents and so much creativity, it’s just unfair. But it’s YOU, so I’m forgiving Him and I’m glad that you’re with us =)
    And here’s a little task for you: GRZEGORZ BRZECZYSZCZYKIEWICZ – try to read and not twist your tongue =P
    Best wishes for the New 2011 from Poland, hugs =)

9. shadowalchemist4 on January 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Anxiously awaiting the people’s choice awards to see you guys win! >.<

10. royhahn1 on January 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

I made a full piano cover of Robot Boy. (I LOVE that song)
    If you like to hear it:

11. cctjehh on January 5, 2011 at 9:41 am

Happy new year (:

12. bahrinb on January 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm

hi mike ,i am bahri from algeria ,look at this video ,

hahahahahahahaha

have a good day

13. dovingbird on January 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm

I knew there was a reason I loved you guys.

Also, Mike, you should do me a favor and read this:

This is how it works for guitarists, right?

14. didilp on January 4, 2011 at 6:29 am

Congratulations for you success!
    I really want to say, thank you! Thank you so much for your music, for your incredible album “A Thousand Suns”, for your concerts, this year i was in Zurich and Stuttgart, it was really amazing! To be close to the fans. Thanks for all!
    I hope you see you in Switzerland, and I hope so much the next time participate for a Lpu summit!

Happy New Year!

15. hiphopfan91 on January 3, 2011 at 11:05 pm

hey, mike. hope you had a good new year. you should check out this song by eminem made for his best friend proof back in 2006 when he died. very touching.

16. shinnizle on January 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Hey Mike :D
    2010 was an Awesome year for all LPfans I think :D
    I like the New Album alot! it is great to see how different it is!
    and also we had a great year!
    We have won with a short movie the second place at a contest called “Weser-Hunte Filmklappe”
    We made a movie that based on Joe Hahns short movie “The Seed”, there is a girl that is haunted by paranioa.. it would be awesome if you could look at this link and maybe comment our video!http://www.youtube.com/user/Svenniah?feature=mhum
    Thanks mike for making everything you do with the bandmates!
    I love You!

17. millalp94 on January 3, 2011 at 11:00 am

awesome Mike :D

hehe you’ll win the echo award^^ :)

love you<3

18. vickykun on January 3, 2011 at 6:39 am

It was a great year for you guys indeed ;33

And for me too ´Cause Finally I was able to watch you guys live;.;
    Priceless

Happy late New Year ;3

( and I told you once. This ;3 is a small face smiling and winking ;3

19. assilva6 on January 3, 2011 at 6:10 am

Mike,

I would you like to say “thank you” for having being close to your fans during over the year 2010. It’s really difficult to find a real band that it worries and keeps the attention to all the fans and you have done this very well. Thanks for show us the best songs, the best voices and the best albuns you’ve ever released. Congratulations for you success….I hope see you guys in 2011 here in Brazil again..don’t forget brazilian’s fans……

20. KalyeSound on January 3, 2011 at 5:53 am

Wishing you 12months of HAPPINESS, 52weeks of FUN, 365days of SUCCESS, 8,760hours of GOOD HEALTH, 525,600mins of BLESSINGS, and 3,153,600secs of JOY. Happy NEw YeaR MIKE!

21. degoicouria on January 3, 2011 at 4:48 am

it was a kick ass year (Y) specially the show in Argentina ♥

22. vishnu babu on January 3, 2011 at 12:15 am

23. jaychou123 on January 2, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Please Vote for LP! You can see “林肯公园”,This is LP Chinese name.

so may you please check LP’s box on the website
    and then click “投票” which means Vote in Chinese

Happy New Year everyone
    let’s get LP to this spring Festival!!!

we can do this

please pass it down to all LP fans and LP fan sites

24. sshirlz on January 2, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Yo Mike!
    Happy New Year! The LP concert in Brisbane is my first ever concert and it is the BEST. I actually enjoyed it more than the U2 360 concert (ok I’m a little bit bias here). Good job for putting up an awesome show. Love ATS and I don’t really care if it didn’t do well in the charts. Have a great 2011. Stay safe, healthy, creative, happy and keep ROCKING ya’ll!

ps:You have lots of fans in South East Asia too!
    Cheers
    SS (originally from Malaysia)

25. miruckle on January 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Happy New Year!! 2010 was a great year for Linkin Park, I hope 2011 will be just as great!

26. larissaevelynrm on January 2, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I’ll miss 2010

thanks MIKE, for you too, happy new year !! ♥

27. nadiabs on January 2, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Thanks for your words,Mike and thanks for all the hard work you and the band do for us, fans!! we love you with the heart and hope to keep up with you for many more years, thanks for the inspiration and love!!!!happy new year!!

28. fscommand on January 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Mike,Chester you rock guys!!I’m still waiting for the next Fort Minor album… or some other interesting project!Much health and success for you and your families!

r0b0tb0y out.

29. djmoonx3 on January 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

I want to say that A Thousand Suns made my whole year. It’s my favorite album of my lifetime and it blows Hybrid theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight combined. It is so deep and artistic. It’s perfect.
    Don’t feel pressured to make anything against your will. And please surprise us fans on your next album ;)Oh, and could we have more than 9 songs on your future albums too? I think 9 songs on ATS was perfect, but that’s only an exception.
    Happy new years to you, Brad, Pheonix, Rob, Joe, and last but not least, the amazing Chester Bennington :D
    - Ben

30. lucasstefano15 on January 2, 2011 at 5:23 am

Hi Mike. My name is Lucas Stefano, I’m 15 years old and live in Brazil. Linkin Park I met when I was 12, during a trip when my cousin showed me a cd to listen (it was a Hybrid Theory). Since then my relationship was narrowing until I become a true fan this year, in 2010. You are paa me a great example of resilience, persistence, charisma, humility and above all with their fans.
    ((continued on next comment …)

31. bananagabbana on January 2, 2011 at 12:23 am

thank you LP for all the great stuff!!!

32. dorito82 on January 1, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Happy New Year, Mike! Love to all of you guys and your families!

33. jozzie8 on January 1, 2011 at 9:46 pm

Happy New Year to everyone.

2010 was just all about Linkin Park. Thanks for an amazing album. Thanks for an awesome show in Melbourne. The hard work from this album has definitely paid off, LP deserves every single bit of it.

Love you guys.

34. boger7lp on January 1, 2011 at 9:26 pm

this seems like a marketing competition
    but unfortunately not care what a critic says and how many songs sold
    sorry but true
    appreciate what a fan saying that a criticism irrelevant
    sales of their music shows that there are people who follows and admires her please do not waste it

no more music to follow in the average and not continue trying to sound like other
    are original, are expressive, are complicated, they are artists –
    are Linkin Park

this view is not to offend is to bring something good to the band

you have everything going for him take it and use it the right way

and to spit in the face of criticism

35. melbapinckney on January 1, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Thanks, Mike! :) That was a great 2010 wrap up! Congrats, on you and LP on a successful, challenging, and busy year. You have a lot of great fans here supporting you, because we all love you very much! I’m sooo grateful to be part of the LP fan base and I love LP! :D I’ll always support you, Mike at everything you do, as well LOL! I can’t wait for the new single and video come out either. So, cheers for another great year in 2011! Good luck on the 2011 US Tour! I hope you win the People Choice’s Awards! Lastly, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Mike!!! Love, Melba :D

36. gisseleliana25 on January 1, 2011 at 6:54 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations for all success you achieved!!!! best wishes for you and all LINKIN PARK team…. kisses!!!

37. thepixelpod on January 1, 2011 at 5:35 pm

happy new year mike!! :D
    will be this year more stats of linkin park than 2010? ;3,

38. baligitha on January 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR MIKE :))
    Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work.We will forever support you! thanks for being Linkin Park :))

39. stingerlp on January 1, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Nice wrap up Mike!

Here is a full RUSSIAN trasnlation of this post – http://lpcrimea.com/l0s

40. thegluelpfan on January 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Overall it’s been a pretty good year for you guys and you totally deserve it.Keep up the good work!And 2010 is the year in which I got my first lp tattoo :P

41. lpwithme on January 1, 2011 at 1:19 pm

U guys did TREMENDOUS work as usual !
    WAY TO GO! [LP]-4EVAR!!
    PLZZZZZZ COME 2 RUSSIA IN 2011 !!!!
    W R SOOOOOO WAITING 4 U!!

42. tinalein76 on January 1, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Hi Mike, congratulations that was really a great year for you and the band, we are fans still support you in this year. Your band has a great and makes great music, thanks for everything I wish you a happy new year and all the best for 2011. Best wishes from Germany.. Tina

43. troublev on January 1, 2011 at 10:57 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Congrats for the achievements and I wish you to achive more in 2011! Here’s for a better new year!

44. jpkaukonen on January 1, 2011 at 10:56 am

As a fan I got an awesome new album from you, I got to play Rob’s drums in London, and everything Linkin Park does (videos, music, summits, etc.) is just amazing. I couldn’t imagine my life without you, you guys have led my way a long time and surely will continue to in 2011 (:

I love you Mike, love you LP<3 Forever.

-JP

45. treadstone35 on January 1, 2011 at 10:34 am

Hi Mike
    Yes, this is true. The year 2010 was successful for you and your band. You all can be really proud of yourselves. Equally you’ve showed that your music is chock-a-block with real feelings and emotions. You’ve conveyed it in risky but creative way. ATS is simply unusual! Sometimes works like a shoulder to cry on and sometimes like a cup of strong coffee. Thank you that you exist :) Now I would like to wish you, your family and bandmates health, patience, happiness and satisfaction of your life. Let your path never let you down.

46. Claudia B. on January 1, 2011 at 9:25 am

It was one hell of a year for you & the band (kinda for me) ATS proved to be not what I had expected it to be but it is amazing.(Surprises always blow my mind away, sort of speak.)
    Although, I still think that ATS deserved even more honor, but hey, it’s the very beginning of 2011, so lots of stuff might and WILL happen.
    I wish for Linkin Park to reach even more this year. And I cannot wait for the next single and its video. I just wonder when exactly will we see it? I mean, tour will start quite soon. By the way, I was lurking on Facebook 4,5 hours ago and saw that Linkin Park crossed 20 million fans on FB. Congrats!
    Happy New Year to you, the guys, your family & friends! :)

47. takumademonreborn on January 1, 2011 at 9:18 am

great facts mike!

happy new year to you and your band :)

48. lillyhfg on January 1, 2011 at 8:22 am

Happy New Year for you, Mike!

-Lilla from Hungary

49. adiek84 on January 1, 2011 at 7:13 am

AMEN! 2010 is the year I’ve rediscovered Linkin Park after I’ve reached the “Linkin-Park-Overkill” in 2008. Apparently that might happen when you listen to a band 24/7 for over five years, which means that I still have about 4 1/2 years until the next overkill! Can’t wait!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, THE REST OF LINKIN PARK AND YOUR FAMILY!

50. linkinparktjejen on January 1, 2011 at 6:26 am

I LOVE YOU!!!

51. tiasiandaly on January 1, 2011 at 6:22 am

2010 was the best year of my life so far, despite all the drama that happened to me. thats simply because i saw LP in london on the 11th; best night OF MY LIFE.

52. milasouza11 on January 1, 2011 at 6:19 am

HEY MIKE… 2010 WAS AMAZING YEAR TO ME TOO.
    I WENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LP’S CONCERT (festival SWU, here, BRAZIL). I’M SO GLAD FOR IT!THIS YEAR, I DID MY FIRST TATTOO, AND I CHOSE A SPECIAL PERSON TO BE WITH ME (in my skin) UNTIL MY DEATH.. I CHOSE YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR ALL THIS achievements! LP deserve it! Happy 2011!
    I WISH TO YOU and the other guys, PEACE, LOVE, SUCCESS, HEALTH, HAPPINESS. You know, how much i love you, right?!
    And i HOPE YOU COME BACK TO BRAZIL SOON! we love you Mike, we love LINKIN PARK!
    I wanna say THANK YOU, yours songs helped me so much, when i needed a new direction to follow.

by: @milasouza11 – CAMILA from

~~~~~~~ BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL ~~~~~~~

53. braffschein on January 1, 2011 at 6:06 am

Hey,Mike.You know,I got a feeling while reading this that LP is becoming more and more powerful with every year.I’m not really saying that it’s bad,it’s actually wonderful,but nevertheless I feel sorry for people who don’t take it,who say that it shouldn’t be that way,”Linkin Park doesn’t deserve this”, don’t really understand who are the Kings over here :) They can’t make all their problems fade away by just pushing “Play” button.
    You guys are INCREDIBLE.You,Mike,personally are.All the things you do are kind of magic.And ATS is just brilliant,for sure.
    I wish you all the best.Keep rocking!
    With love,
    Nastya, Russia

54. galinmitev on January 1, 2011 at 5:45 am

“Wretches And Kings” Video:

55. Resurrection on January 1, 2011 at 5:42 am

i made a happy new year animation from all linkin park fans for linkin park.
    here is the link

and it´s right: “A Thousand Suns” was a risky album
    i like more the old songs but your real fans realized your hard and great work
    linkin park is a unique and would never mainstream
    all your songs/album are good.

56. enjadreal on January 1, 2011 at 5:41 am

how time runs… 2010 is history now…

looking forward for a new one and wish u all the best =)

57. ravea on January 1, 2011 at 5:22 am

wow… i can’t believe that 2010 is now over… but it was a great year! i saw you and dead by sunrise live for the first time, the new album got released…
    i’m so looking forward to 2011 and i hope that you guys come to germany again this year :)
    Happy New Year, to all of you! :D

58. lorenalp on January 1, 2011 at 5:09 am

Happy new year!!! :) Wish you are having a good time ^^

59. evik90 on January 1, 2011 at 4:52 am

Happy New Year to you too, Mike, and of course happy New Year to the other LP members! You are really great, thank you for doing great job!

60. Traveller of a life on January 1, 2011 at 4:26 am

Hey people, I wish you a great year.
    It’s our pleasure support you, know what’s going on and attend everything you do. I’m proud of this year: besides personal reasons, I feel like this was one of your best years like a band, you did an awesome job. The majority if the bands I know and tons of other sort of stuff I know it’s because you, among the years have teached me and I thank you for that :D Congratulations Linkin Park for this memorable year, thank you for existing and making me smile everyday (and more more more fans). We’ll be 104 millions(my fav. number) on Facebook. I hope 2011 will be great as 2010 was. Happy New Year :D <3

61. linkinpark4e on January 1, 2011 at 4:16 am

Congratulations for all success you achieved!!!! I’m very happy for you!!! Happy new year to you too Mike!!! And happy new year even to the band and your family….I love you guys!!! Italy is waiting for you:):):)!!!

62. raaphaelp on January 1, 2011 at 4:02 am

Happy New Year to you Mike!
    2010 was an amazing year and I hope that 2011 will be.
    Congratulations to Linkin Park!

Any chance of coming to Linkin Park Rock In Rio 2011 or 2011 SWU?

Thanks!

63. janemari3 on January 1, 2011 at 4:00 am

Happy new year Linkin Park! Its been another great year with you all. Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work. We appreciate all of it and we will forever support you!

Thank you Mike for making us fans feel LP’s appreciation and love for us fans.

God bless you, Phoenix, Chester, Rob, Joe and Brad!

New year kisses from the Philippines!

64. Shinoda's Army on January 1, 2011 at 3:48 am

Great post!!
    Happy new year Mike! Good luck for this 2011, let’s hope it’ll be better for everyone.

65. Shin on January 1, 2011 at 3:32 am

An enormous work done by Linkin Park and a thousand emotions
    Through with A Thousand Suns, probably the experience he needed to
    group shows that he knows will be done in many styles!

France is supporting you guys, happy new year!

66. thomasbrablec on January 1, 2011 at 3:23 am

No, Mike. Thank you and the guys for making all this possible. Some might thing that being a musician, songwriter, etc. isn’t a hard job, but it takes a LOT of time. Thank you for working so hard and doing an AMAZING job!
    Linkin Park for life! Without you I wouldn’t be the person I am today.

Happy New Year!

67. maniashinoda on January 1, 2011 at 2:52 am

Happy new year, wish Linkin Park and all Linkin Park fans a great year, way better than 2010.

68. Kristiina on January 1, 2011 at 2:34 am

I would want to congratulate you guys, for surprising the fans (and the whole world) with A Thousand Suns, for believing in what’s right for you and what you love. And to receive such a positive response on what you thought was so risky, is just amazing. Your music makes me smile and helps me get through another day:) You should feel proud of yourselves, cuz we sure are!

THANK YOU!

Happy New Year!!!

69. anjalika on January 1, 2011 at 2:30 am

INDIA…INDIA…INDIA…INDIA…INDIA…INDIA…

tht’s it…u’ve gotta make it here..enough excuses…u’ve wrapped up ur european and american tour before the new year…now it’s India’s turn…

70. evooba on January 1, 2011 at 2:18 am

Happy New Year to you too Mike! May 2011 be as awesome as 2010 for you and the guys. 2010 was indeed an amazing year for LP. A Thousand Suns made history if you ask me. You risked and succeeded! Here’s to a great new year! :D

71. fatimalp on January 1, 2011 at 1:37 am

2010 was an awesome year! I want to thank you guys for making 2010 so great! thanks for everything! keep rocking in 2011! :D HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

72. illegalou on January 1, 2011 at 1:19 am

Congrats guys!
    May 2011 be even much better and exciting than 2010!!
    Happy New Year!

73. jagta on January 1, 2011 at 12:45 am

So touching!aaaaww!…Lots of hardwork eh!

OH! Thanks to you too and LP who inspired us!…LP forever! \m/

HAPPY NEW YEAR MIKE AND LP!

74. sajinokami on January 1, 2011 at 12:33 am

surreal world there

75. nectariosar on January 1, 2011 at 12:18 am

mike, in my opinion 2010 was the best year of the band!
    the thing i liked the most was a song from the new album: Waiting For The End and its music video!!!
    also i was surprised when i watched a video on utube of linkin park performing a place for my head in the bridge of bleed it out!
    anyway happy new year:))

76. aline4lp on January 1, 2011 at 12:04 am

Thanks for posting these stats of 2010, there was very much going on in the LP world. I’m looking for the next year and all the exiting stuff that is on the way. I hope I get the chance to visit another LP concert…
    And I wanna thank you and the others for an awesome album and great experiences in 2010. Thank you for always being close to us fans and letting us be a part of the band.
    Happy New Year for you and your families!

77. camila on December 31, 2010 at 11:58 pm

Excelente Mike! Fue un año realmente memorable, el otro año sera mejor aun :D
    no puedo elegir cual fue el mejor momento, sin embargo el recuerdo mas fuerte de este año fue haberlos visto en accion :) verlos aca en sudamerica fue increible, espero tengas el mismo lindo recuerdo, se que soy una insignificante persona entre miles, pero humildemente quiero decirles a ustedes muchas gracias! mi año fue genial gracias a ustedes, saludos suerte en este 2011.

78. zahralp on December 31, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Hey,mike

Linkinpark.com/group/iranilpsolders

The ppl had somthing to say … Be happy if ud take the time

79. bombalurina03 on December 31, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Congrats on a great year! Can’t wait to see Linkin Park play in Minnesota next month! :)

80. jornalistica on December 31, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Congratulations for the amazing and incredible year for Linkin Park and the prodution. You’ve been amazing, earned any awards, did wonderful concerts with a careful work, as always. This big talent is for who deserves it, and of course you do! Happy new year for you and thank you for being part of my life for 7 years and give me an opportunity to watch Linkin Park live in Brazil.

81. Julian on December 31, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Happy New Year Mike and LP! This year became fantastic because of you guys! I’m looking forward to another great year you guys are gonna give us!

82. Ally on December 31, 2010 at 7:35 pm

yay

83. Lady_msy on December 31, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Congrats on all the best thing of you and the band! and thank you for great musics all along 10 years.
    That’s unbelievable that I have listened and followed up your band since I was 13.
    Now I’m 23 (Yeah! 10 years ago too). I always do love to listening your songs especially the lastest album. The meaning of many songs make me feel good and understand my life more :D

I hope sometimes in the near future you will coming to Thailand again :)

Happy New Year 2011 from Thailand
    Wishing you guys happy and get the best of everything

84. argol8489 on December 31, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Never stop creating what has so far been made. Never give up the idea of seeking new ways to express their feelings, their ideas, their fears and desires, we identify with each of you and we project our heart in his songs, our dreams in his chords. Thank you very much for being close to all of us, our appreciation is to make them shine in every concert on every tour, every new album, blog and notes on each of you …

Let us sing to never get away …

Congratulations linkin park. Happy New Year mike

85. luki9875 on December 31, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Neighbours played ATS a the party….. i was so proud that some good music was on :D now i am 99% drunk but have still some energy to listen to some linkin park before i fall asleep… LP 4 EEVER <3 lets hope 2011 is a THOUSAND times better then 2010 which was amazing… all the best to all LP members and their family's :)

86. lpsnumber1 on December 31, 2010 at 6:51 pm

2k10 will always be remembered in my book as the year A Thousand Suns burned the world with its glory.

Happy new year and may 2k11 bring as much success and this year has!! <3

87. jdennis88 on December 31, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Congratulations on all your success! You guys definitely deserve it. And thanks again for an exceptional new album, the Australian tour, and the Sydney summit – the acoustic set of “The Little Things Give You Away/The Messenger” is a memory that will stay with me forever. Seriously, it means a lot that you guys would do all that for your fans. Thanks heaps Mike! And happy new year! =]

88. Alexandra Nofi on December 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm

I am very proud of you guys. You have achieved so much. I am from a generation filled with people afraid to take risks, to put all their eggs in one basket and go for what they believe they can do. Especially with today’s economy, risk taking is not in the agenda. Doesn’t phase me much, I do what I feel is right at the end of the day, but most people my age, won’t even consider that concept.

Honestly though, my interest in you and the rest of the band as musicians ends there. Your music is 1/10 of who you are. As down to Earth as you normally are, the other 9 parts of you that make you the person that you are, we rarely get to see those.

Closing statement: Here’s to ten more years!

89. guuuro on December 31, 2010 at 6:26 pm

I hope you continue with the “We got a chance to play in a number of places we’ve never visited before”-part ;) I hope I get to see you in 2011 too, wherever it will be. (Hopefully in Europe;)

Right now, we live in different years, haha. Happy New Year, Mike ^^

90. nikkiann0100 on December 31, 2010 at 6:24 pm

Congrats on all the success this year and for what ever great things that will happen in 2011. I wish you a happy new year and look forward to the summit and other shows in the tour next year.

91. autumnoh12 on December 31, 2010 at 6:17 pm

congrats! it was a great year! i cant wait to see ya’ll in 2011! :DD

92. justbiteme9 on December 31, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Congrats!!! I have to say thank you so much for your music, I truly enjoy what you do. I only wish you could come to Mexico anytime soon, I was 12 the only time you came, you know? I didn’t even know so… I’m really sad because I missed my only chance but hey, some day I’ll be screaming my guts out while you do your magic, I just need to grow my savings and get a damn visa. Anyway thank you so much for your music. I can’t explain how much LP means to me. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

93. chilibilly18 on December 31, 2010 at 6:12 pm

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0,5-0,25-0,1……….(cough)…..(cough)………….HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRRRRR MIKE!!
    2010 it was great year for the band and the fans!
    im wondering how will be your next ablum O.o?
    anyway
    I know its out of topic but a lot of fans want chester to sing the bridge of the In The End,It’s my favourite song and i want just for 1 time to hear again chester singing the bridge.My favourite performance of this song is at rock am ring 2004,Just amazing.. :)

94. aberu on December 31, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Thanks Mike for the music and everything, hopefully see you this 2011 here in Peru and other South American countries. Linkin Park Music forever!

95. Rana LP addict on December 31, 2010 at 6:09 pm

Let’s Say 2010 Was a Year Of Glory as you came again on the scene after absence and you GLOWEDDD I Loved everything and LPUx is WOOOOOH . Keep Rocking and you made my year awesome with songs ,but never got you on Chat ,hmm i keep wondering if the whole LPUx was released o.O LP You’re freaking WONDERFUL =)

96. kathyxx on December 31, 2010 at 6:06 pm

Jeez.

What a way to end a year, bowing away everyone.

Happy New Year. Maybe you’ll top the last one, but don’t try too hard.