Shinoda “Alice In Wonderland” Vinyl Collectible

January 11, 2011
This is my new vinyl collectible as part of the Mad Hatter project: a vinyl figure that’s one part Alice, one part Oyakodon (a painting from my “Glorious Excess Dies” show), and one part trashy Halloween costume.
From The MINDStyle blog:

First Look: Alice By Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda

“You go through so many things as a child, then you grow up and discover that none of that stuff mattered, except for the impression it made on your mind.”

- Joan Walton Callaso

Take four of today’s most talented artists and visualizers, one of the all-time great Disney classics “Alice In Wonderland” celebrating its 60th anniversary next year, and inspiration from directors Tim Burton’s blockbuster film version… MINDstyle is proud to present a first look at Disney’s Mad Hatter Project. Alice by Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda combines his interpretation and vision based on the classic, blended with an edge of Burton and fused with his own original painting. Sculpted by Dave Cortes from Inu Art Studio, the highly detailed Alice and Rabbit presents a world of imagination. Plans are in the works for the launch in 2011 in celebration of the classic animation anniversary!

1. Fekenji on January 27, 2011 at 2:14 pm

OMG! again Mike, That’s why you are my inspiration from my career…
    OK, I like what I do ( Design Graphic) And I hope work with illustration one day, and see your work up closer

2. thegrandkaidbz on January 22, 2011 at 1:21 am

3. Zury on January 21, 2011 at 8:25 pm

“Have you seen my Mommy?” lol sorry couldn’t resist quoting Doctor Who when I saw this.

But anyway wow this looks freaking awesome. The details are superb and very beautifully crafted as well as designed. I love the concept of the masks. And especially having that photo of the figure in a desolate wasteland speaks volumes on how this world can easily turn out. Can be a message about war, global warming, how our world is crumbling to a wasteland… and the list goes on and on. Keep doing what you do best Mike. We’re all proud of you guys.

4. galinmitev on January 18, 2011 at 5:13 am

“Wretches And Kings” Video:

5. KalyeSound on January 18, 2011 at 4:56 am

wow!

6. ammya on January 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm

hahahahahahah niceee xD disk alicia

7. aravind221 on January 15, 2011 at 5:06 am

this is excellent great job mike and belated wishes to u mike :)

8. relieff on January 15, 2011 at 4:55 am

i don’t really understand the hidden message behind this gas helmet thing can anybody help me :P?

9. htx2m3bc on January 14, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Alice in Wonderland + Tim Burton + Mike Shinoda=
    Perfect combination for this creation.

10. randoms98 on January 14, 2011 at 1:57 pm

He he. That’s funny!

11. ellzworth on January 14, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Nicely done. Why does the second image have a “DISNEY” credit on it? :P

12. didilp on January 14, 2011 at 8:07 am

I love this idea, combined “Alice In Wonderland” and “Oyakodon”, really pretty awesome.
    I’m fan of “Alice In Wonderland” and for the movie of Tim Burton.
    I want one :)! No seriously, this work is so perfect!
    Congratulations!

13. takumademonreborn on January 13, 2011 at 4:41 pm

LOL nice pics mike, that would we see that as a future Linkin Park album cover? lol

14. serjkudryavtsev on January 13, 2011 at 11:56 am

Wow Mike that cool pictures)

15. adiek84 on January 13, 2011 at 11:00 am

Wow, that’s pretty awesome. Definitely a good Halloween costume! :-D No really, I love the details and I think Dave Cortes did a great job. I wonder why you used the Oyakodon theme, though.
    I’m interested which other artists will contribute besides you, Ron English and Gary Baseman. So if anyone has some information please tell me (Twitter: @adiek84 or click on my name and you’ll find the Holy Grail).

16. wjudson on January 13, 2011 at 6:55 am

Pretty sweet if I may say so

17. christieloveslp on January 13, 2011 at 12:53 am

This is amazing)))) Very very Cool))))) I like it))

18. haw13200 on January 12, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I like it!! =D

19. souneik on January 12, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I don’t leave comments because of other people, ulterior motives, or expectations. I leave them because I think you deserve to have some genuine love shown. It’s not hard to tell who else has this in mind. …and who doesn’t. I have an odd sense of humor and sometimes I’m probably a bit too human. But I appreciate you. I think your art deserves just as much attention and acclaim. …or a half-stranger in a blog just saying: “sh1ts dope”.

20. lpablo on January 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Hell yeah Mike! I need that figure :) Good job.

21. Nadia on January 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm

This is too way awesome…Nice work!

22. regiw on January 12, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hi Mike. I truly hope you don’t mind me taking “on loan” your wonderful Alice as my profile photo at linkinpark.com… I was looking for something kind of special… and there she is, simply perfect. Apart from that, we girls look soooooooo much alike . I am also running with a gas mask all day, you know.

Should you mind me using it though, it will be changed straight way of course. I can always get some boring picture of my myself in there, can’t I? Even one WITH a gas mask…Cheers anyway!

23. vickykun on January 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Wow she looks sexy and scary at the same time O.O
    And the rabbit wearing dress is the White rabbit?
    I loved!
    But anyways I don´t think I have money for buying it now;.;

24. nlopezdearenosa on January 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Geez, Mike, as if I’m not broke enough paying for textbooks and tuition, paying off your ATS Deluxe edition set, your ATS tour sweater, your expensive-and-sold-out-show-even-though-people-say-you-guys-smell-now concert tickets! Now this! I already set aside some money to start saving up. As much as I want this unique and creative and alluring piece- I hope it’s not released at least for a few months :P I need time to save :P Congratulations on yet another amazing piece of art. See you at Staples!

25. dezyne52 on January 12, 2011 at 10:28 am

Wow, and Amazing. Those are two words that come to mind. Not only is “Alice in Wonderland” my favorite story and Disney movie(s), but you are without a doubt my favorite Graphic Artist/Designer to this day. Your work never ceases to impress me, and your creativity doesnt seem to stop reaching outwards. Once again, wow, and amazing. Thanks for sharing!

26. cincybmxlpfreak on January 12, 2011 at 10:09 am

That’s so awesome and…demented…:D

27. 3infinity on January 12, 2011 at 9:58 am

That….That is pretty badass…

28. thomasbrablec on January 12, 2011 at 9:37 am

That is amazing! Congratulations! How much are they going to go for? I would love to get one! It really is amazing. :) I hope you guys make some more of these types of vinyl toys. The Linkin Park Gundam toy was very cool too, but I didn’t have enough money to get it.
    Linkin Park for life! Thank you for existing!

29. Bru Previgonsté on January 12, 2011 at 9:18 am

Mike, you’re an amazing artist! My pride! Congratulations on all your talent … I loved his version of Alice!

30. agnieszkacholewiak on January 12, 2011 at 9:10 am

great ! :D

31. faintypainty on January 12, 2011 at 8:41 am

I like that a very much, most the woman but her boobs are too small!

32. alenakolesova on January 12, 2011 at 8:20 am

Wow! It’s great, Mike! Sexy Alice, fashionable, wearing a mask. I would like to imagine the same costume for the holiday. But that your figure can be multiplied and sent for sale in such poor people like us? I would gladly bought this figure, it is so very unusual surprise to many visitors. Or your art in this field does not apply in such quantities and is not for sale?

33. caroo123 on January 12, 2011 at 6:55 am

very cool Mike (: (L)

34. sabsyz on January 12, 2011 at 6:28 am

WOW so cool mike =) i love it <3

35. evooba on January 12, 2011 at 6:18 am

Saw your piece like a week ago and I was speechless! It’s freaking dope!!! Loved the way you connected Alice with “Oyakodon” :)

36. argol8489 on January 12, 2011 at 6:13 am

you are a role model

37. linkinpark4e on January 12, 2011 at 5:52 am

I love it,Mike!!! it’s very nice!!! congrats,great job!!!:):)
    you are the best painter ever!!!!:)

38. thegluelpfan on January 12, 2011 at 5:52 am

Please tell me that it will be available for sale?I want to have that vinyl :) It’s the coolest thing ever!I am really curious to see the other artists vinyls too actually…

39. millalp94 on January 12, 2011 at 4:59 am

that looks sooo awesome :D

Great Job Mike :*

40. Zara on January 12, 2011 at 3:37 am

I love this Mike, we get to buy one right? How? When? Where?

41. jozzie8 on January 12, 2011 at 2:49 am

Genius Mike. Love your unique style.

42. Shin on January 12, 2011 at 2:13 am

Wow ! I love the style, need !

43. 路人甲 on January 12, 2011 at 2:08 am

Cool, I love the rabbit! Does it have a 1:1 version?

44. Ladysami on January 12, 2011 at 1:43 am

love it !!

45. anaaugustalp on January 12, 2011 at 1:40 am

There are things in our childhood that we never forget never.

Very beautiful Mike! Love your work, you’re perfect in the traces, in detail, and I’m sure there’s a perfectly detailed face beneath the mask.

46. milasouza11 on January 12, 2011 at 1:15 am

The most interesting are: all yours paintings, drawings, you keep the main features in every new creation. It could be called: your trademark!
    I’m talking about your “ALICE IN WONDERLAND” and this painting you’ve drawn (GLORIOUS EXCESS – DIES) http://migre.me/3AnSF.

I like so much of your art!
    i said it before, you’re complete artist!

****
    Hey Mike.. I and my friend created a twitter @happyBDAY_Mike..
    we are organizing a new tribute to you (by brazilian fans).
    You can check it soon… FEB 11… haha

God Bless you! Kiss <3

by: @milasouza11 CAMILA – from Brazil

47. Resurrection on January 12, 2011 at 12:50 am

Your Alice looks better than the orginal.

48. tinalein76 on January 12, 2011 at 12:30 am

Good morning from Germany:)
    I find funny, good work keep it up Mike :)

49. anjalika on January 12, 2011 at 12:25 am

this is really cool…i am a big fan of Carroll’s book too and i love the way u’ve construed this…although, i didn’t like Tim Burton’s flick…quite dissapointed by it esp after i enjoyed watchin the bizarre charlie and the chocolate factory..i really loved tht one instead…

50. The Generalist on January 12, 2011 at 12:25 am

This totally amazing! Love it.

51. dorito82 on January 11, 2011 at 11:31 pm

This is awesome, Mike! I vote for you to direct a trashy movie version of AiW! hahaha

52. Misi on January 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Very cool! I like her headband on the gas mask, and the rabbit’s shoes. the style faintly reminds me of “the maxx”.

53. slowlearner32 on January 11, 2011 at 10:53 pm

That’s 親子丼!!!

54. darkwai on January 11, 2011 at 10:32 pm

You can see her nipples in the 2nd picture

55. cctjehh on January 11, 2011 at 10:30 pm

mother and child (:

56. melbapinckney on January 11, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I love ‘Alice In Wonderland’, but “WOW!” Mike that’s pretty neat. I love it! I mean, really! :) Very creative, bro! lol :D

57. todraw on January 11, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Thats really cool, n the funniest thing bout it is, we’re goin to hav a theatre play where we play the story of alice most likely the original story with some slight changes to bring more humour into the whole thing ;)

58. Julian on January 11, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I’m literally speechless to this art.

59. disjointedheart on January 11, 2011 at 9:09 pm

mike is such an amazing musician that sometimes we forget how fabulous artist he is. good job, man! i’d like to see your version of the cheshire cat.
    xoxo, kemylpbr

60. skyzlmt on January 11, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Another item to add to my collection! Got 3 prints, 4 decks, 3 books and a pair of MSxDCxSURU with “Across the Front” on it! Please auction off one of your painted guitars or another FM original.

President of the MS fan club.

61. little ferret on January 11, 2011 at 8:46 pm

interesting point of view!

62. redandgone on January 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm

first off that is an amazing quote!
    mike, great job! seriously to capture so many elements of time and person into one piece is awesome!

63. Alexandra Nofi on January 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm

It’s so cool! It ties into GLXS Dies very nicely, too. The Oyakodon version you did in the Dies show took something very traditional to a new level, but this takes it even further! I really wish the other artists would get their stuff together, I wanna see all the pieces, especially Ron English’s.

64. keshavmahato on January 11, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Wonderful work mikey.

65. petapal on January 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm

This is incredible! Your artwork is great, but to put it in a 3 dimensional, tangible form is awesome. It would be great if you could do this with some of your older works of art. ps. I love the rabbit’s little tail poking out the back…lol

66. madna29 on January 11, 2011 at 6:53 pm

That’s very.. very WOW!

67. kathyxx on January 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm

ooo neat collab. What was the work on it like?

68. nerd42 on January 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Whoah. Awesome. I hope some of this whimsical artistic vibe Mike is on right now carries over into Linkin Park in the future.

69. Ally on January 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm

~thumbs up~

70. lanc3rmast3r on January 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm

The rabbit looks funny:))…and the big question is…who smells who…Alice smells the Rabbit or Rabbit smells Alice (as their air hose are attached to each-others head) ?…Nice work though…hope to see what you have in store for us:)

71. jornalistica on January 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Wonderful job, Mike. Congratulations!

72. helium3 on January 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm