Download To Donate For Haiti: One Year Later & How To Help

January 14, 2011

One year ago, an earthquake struck Haiti.  316,000 people were killed.  More than 300,000 injured.  More than 1 million people displaced.  Music For Relief was one of the first organizations to spring to action, creating Download To Donate, a program which raised over a quarter million dollars for the people of Haiti.

It’s been a year since the earthquake but the crisis continues today in Haiti with more than one million people living in temporary shelter and makeshift camps.  Since the earthquake Haitians have endured a Hurricane, flooding, and a cholera outbreak which began in October.

Music for Relief has re-launched Download to Donate for Haiti with Causecast in an effort to support another year of recovery efforts and hopefully keep public attention on this critical situation.

To participate, make a $10 donation with your mobile phone (text RELIEF to 41010) or with a credit card at downloadtodonate.org and receive a one year music subscription service featuring music from outstanding artists.

Songs are currently available on DownloadToDonate.org from ALANIS MORISSETTE, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS, CARIBOU, THE CRYSTAL METHOD, EVEREST, THE GLITCH MOB, KENNA, KIMBERLY CALDWELL, LANGHORNE SLIM, LINKIN PARK, LUPE FIASCO, METRIC, ONE ESKIMO, SLASH, SWITCHFOOT, THRICE, TREVOR HALL and YEASAYER.

Your donation gives you year-long access to our growing catalog of music from a variety of artists. Donations benefit Music For Relief which supports nonprofit organizations working in Haiti.

100% of proceeds will go directly to support Haiti reconstruction efforts.  0% goes to administration.

downloadtodonate.org

1. bobbyn32 on January 22, 2011 at 5:30 am

Is there any way I can donate & get the music in the ?UK

2. thegrandkaidbz on January 22, 2011 at 1:20 am

3. galinmitev on January 18, 2011 at 5:12 am

“Wretches And Kings” Video:

4. Dymek on January 17, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Hey, Mike – check this out. I was just checking Polish version of very demotivational site and found post about Music For Relief on the front page: http://demotywatory.pl/2571321/Nie-wszystkim. Basicaly it says: Fame doesn’t change everyone and some still remember how to be human and care for others. And explains what MFR does. All thumbs up and positive comments about the Foundation and its goals. Polish fans support it too, with all their hearts and spread the word. I know I do ;] Take care guys!

5. unleaver on January 17, 2011 at 1:50 pm

my previous remix was facebook’d by LP.

6. ammya on January 15, 2011 at 6:04 pm

the song NOT ALONE is the sogn of the month of january again😉 i will support this, i will download rigth now Mike!!!

7. htx2m3bc on January 14, 2011 at 11:01 pm

At the moment cant help financially but am publishing on my facebook and twitter!!!!

8. sshirlz on January 14, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Hey everyone, if you could make a donation to help out the Queensland, Australia flood victims, that would be awesome!
    To do so just go this link:

My heart goes out to all the people in Brazil too..

9. thegluelpfan on January 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I’ve donated before and I’m gonna try to donate again…it’s very important work you’re doing and I really admire you guys for that.

10. randoms98 on January 14, 2011 at 1:58 pm

You know a lot of people have forgotten already… It’s good to know you guys haven’t. Haiti needs us!

11. Claudia B. on January 14, 2011 at 11:50 am

Donated already🙂 I can’t help by feeling guilty at some point because my birthday was on the same day as Haiti suffered that damn earthquake.

I hope the people who haven’t donated anything yet but have perfect chances to donate, will donate because Haiti must get rebuild and every donation counts.

12. adiek84 on January 14, 2011 at 10:57 am

Download 2 Donate is really an amazing project to help those in need. It’s really sad how fast people forget about catastrophes. They donate and help for a few days and then get on with their lives, but the people affected by the catastrophe cannot do that. They’re dependent on donations and support for years and years to come. The outbreak of the Cholera epidemic is just one of the huge problems people have to face in Haiti long after the earthquake hit. So I hope that many people donate and spread the word. Just share the link on Facebook, RT on Twitter, reblog or just tell your friends. With the internet it can be so easy to help people in need!

13. Alexandra Nofi on January 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

You, the rest of the band, and MFR, may be the only ones with the power to take action that are still taking action. I would really love it, if, Habitat for Humanity would go to Haiti and start rebuilding homes. If the Red Cross would send more doctors, hell, even med-school graduates who need an internship. If all they are doing is changing IV’s or drawing blood, at least they are doing something! These people need to know someone still gives a damn about them.

14. millalp94 on January 14, 2011 at 7:37 am

I would love to donate money, but I can’t!:( I don’t have a credit card…:(

15. evooba on January 14, 2011 at 6:21 am

Already did my part and donated🙂 You know, what you’re doing with MFR is freaking amazing. I love the fact that you created the cause and you do everything on your power to help the ones in need. You’ll always have my support in this! Congrats^^

16. cctjehh on January 14, 2011 at 6:13 am

I really like the fact that the whole amount pf money goes to Haiti, finally a REAL fund (:

17. aline4lp on January 14, 2011 at 6:09 am

I wanted to make my donation via text message to 41010.
    But I have a problem because my phone number has 11 figures, not 10
    so I can’t enter it on the DTD site, I hope you can help me!!!

18. maniashinoda on January 14, 2011 at 4:03 am

Done!

19. lucasstefano15 on January 14, 2011 at 1:14 am

Mike. I’m from Brazil.For me you’re a great example of humility, resilience, persistence, charisma and likeability, which is not carried away by the fact that you are the leader of a band as famous as Linkin Park. You have my full support to such company

20. tinalein76 on January 14, 2011 at 12:54 am

Hi Mike, I think it’s great what you are doing for Haiti, keep it up🙂 Wish you a wonderful weekend🙂

21. millasouza11 on January 14, 2011 at 12:54 am

you’re amazing..

22. julkavolk on January 14, 2011 at 12:51 am

WE ALWAYS SHOULD FIND THE TIME FOR GOOD THINGS!

23. madna29 on January 14, 2011 at 12:50 am