Start Of North American Tour

January 21, 2011

The first show of the North American tour was last night, in Sunrise Florida.  It went really well, as far as first shows go.  We’ve been off tour for a month, so all the normal first show things happened (necks and backs are pretty sore, voices are a bit beat up, etc.).  In general, it felt solid.  Looking forward to the next show, in Tampa.

For those of you coming (or thinking about it): when you buy a ticket to any of these shows, you get a free mp3 download of your concert.  The download info will be posted at the venue.  You just watch the concert, and a few days later, the mp3s will be available for you.  Easy, right?  Even more reason to head over to linkinpark.com and get your ticket now.

Review of the show HERE

EDIT: check out SPIN’s review of the show HERE.

1. alicelaule on February 5, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Saw you In Kansas City Jan 29th, and, as I already had plans to be in Denver on Feb 26th, I’m planning to catch you again there. Thankful for your talent, guts, integrity, energy — everything you are. Keep being willing to say something you know they might attack you for, but keep doing it in the very “real” way in which you do it. Something shines from the inside, with you. I love it! Love all of LP!

2. rockymtnbrenda on January 24, 2011 at 8:20 am

Mike – I joined the Underground because I love Linkin Park, and wanted exclusive access to show tickets before anyone else. I got in the first day of the Underground presale, and got reserved seats that are pretty sweet. Topspin didn’t give me my seat assignment when I bought my tix, and said “Trust us, we GUARANTEE you will get the BEST seats in the house”. I bought tickets for a friend 5 days after I ordered my Underground pre-sale tix, during the first day of the Public presale. Those seats are actually BETTER than the seats TOPSPIN gave me for the Underground presale. 10 rows better. I wanted you to be aware, TOPSPIN is mismanaging the Underground and screwing members on seats.

3. Dymek on January 24, 2011 at 12:53 am

Ooops, they kinda forgot to mention Phoenix in the article…

“Bennington, Shinoda, Brad Delson (guitarist), Rob Bourdon (drums) and Joe Hahn (turntables/electronics) all worked together to complement their music.”

4. didilp on January 23, 2011 at 8:01 am

Love this picture.
    I read the review and i have seen some photos and videos, it’s really great. And Rob had a good birthday!
    Have a great tour in America and see you soon in Europe! :)

5. thegluelpfan on January 23, 2011 at 5:20 am

On this tour you’ll have to sing happy birthday three times :D just a fun fact :D Anyways are we going to hear Robot Boy live?

6. dovingbird on January 22, 2011 at 6:34 pm

My dear Mr. Shinoda, you continue to make me more and more sad with every post about this tour of yours. Those fans who get to be there are lucky people. One day, I say, one day!

Also, careful, guys, if your voices are getting beat up you’re probably not doing that whole singing thing right. Don’t go doing damage to your vocal folds, all right? Ya’ll are too awesome to have that happen to you.

-Dovingbird

7. vickykun on January 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I wish I was there;.; Florida is my hometown;.;

well,anyways
    Have a nice north american tour you ;3

8. cctjehh on January 22, 2011 at 1:53 pm

lol we (europe fans) still had to pay 10 dollars for the mp3’s… not that I mind, you have to start somewhere I guess. (:

9. fogopop on January 22, 2011 at 11:54 am

If you’re thinking about going, DON’T THINK ABOUT IT AND JUST GO!!!!!!!! I thought about going 7 years ago for the “Meteora” tour and couldn’t afford it. I wasn’t letting this opportunity get (pushing me) away. I think I used every positive adjective I could think of off the top of (a place for) my head without breaking (the habit) out a thesaurus when posting about the (little things give you away) concert on Facebook, but I’ll use them all again: Spectacular, astounding, fantastic, mind-blowing, amazing, wonderful, and as overused as they are, I have to add awesome and epic. If there’s ANY possible way you can make it, I strongly urge everyone to do so.

10. tinalein76 on January 22, 2011 at 11:38 am

Hi Mike, I would also like to see a concert of you again, but unfortunately America is too far away I am from Germany. I wish you a fabulous time and success on your tour :-)

11. unleaver on January 22, 2011 at 3:09 am

12. Colorize The Future on January 22, 2011 at 2:39 am

Happy b-Day Rob!

Lp + Pendulum but Why in america?!

13. thegrandkaidbz on January 22, 2011 at 1:19 am

14. icecold25 on January 22, 2011 at 12:40 am

I have the same birthday as rob. The North American Tour started on our birthday. It does make me kind of sad because I couldn’t be there. I am also glad for Rob. Chester and the crowd made his day.

15. adiek84 on January 22, 2011 at 12:30 am

I’ve religiously followed Mark’s (@Hahninator) tweets about the show and I’ve heard it was awesome. Though I’m a bit surprised that no one has mentioned yet that “The Catalyst” wasn’t played. I bet you had reasons though, as it would be a bit weird to cut a single from the current album from the setlist. XD Have fun on tour, you still have some dates ahead of you, so stay healthy and rock the states!

16. Julian on January 22, 2011 at 12:03 am

‘Bennington, Shinoda, Brad Delson (guitarist), Rob Bourdon (drums) and Joe Hahn (turntables/electronics) all worked together to complement their music.’
    He missed one……..

17. evooba on January 21, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Read some reviews and saw a bunch of pics. You guys nailed it! And singing Rob happy Perthday was awesome :)

Have fun at the rest of the tour. I bet it’s gonna be doooopeee :D

18. dorito82 on January 21, 2011 at 11:24 pm

I began the countdown to the Staples Center show last night! What was it like the first time you guys played Staples, knowing you were performing in the same arena that your favorite basketball team (who just lost again… grrr) plays in?

19. argol8489 on January 21, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Very good pic. I give you a massage on your back. Rest and eat well …

20. shugahcolby on January 21, 2011 at 8:15 pm

So cool! this pic came out sooo clear! I really hope to see you guys in Boston! Your so cute Mike lol.. I love that all you guys match haha.

21. Zury on January 21, 2011 at 8:10 pm

“It felt Solid”. Mike are u kidding me man? It was freaking EPIC! This was my first time seeing these guys Live and I can guarantee you that these guys have to be one of the best bands you will ever see Live. Wow. Blew me away. You guys did amazing. Thank you so much for this concert. I needed that and definitely got my frustrations out at the concert.

PLEASE come back down to South Florida. No more West Palm Beach. Come to MIAMI, FL. This was the closest you’ve been to us and it was just great. You have a huge fan base down here.

22. Fekenji on January 21, 2011 at 5:52 pm

That was my first LP concert, I’m go glad, was so awesome, I was thought I couldn’t be there after I bought the ticket I have been problems ( I’m from Brazil) and I Didn’t knew how I couldn’t go be there , So I had prayed everyday…And Thanks God, I could went buy bus (sawgrass)like 1:30 pm I was there, I met some guys from my country and them help me they had me all support that they could be give to me. That’s was amazing history, sure I’m not speaker English, also written so sorry about my mistakes..

23. souneik on January 21, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Your uncanny coincidences are trying to reset my brain. The first thing I learned was fear and emotions were a sign of weakness. Trust, maybe I’m just learning that now. You were the first person to positively influence me and the only person to show me kindness in years back when. So, I still think you’re an alien or at least half alien. But maybe it will make more sense now. (not that it didn’t) I’m still trying to go. PS: Bring heaters(east coast 500bc weather)

24. EpicLinkinPark on January 21, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Hey Mike,
    That’s an awesome way to start the tours, on Rob’s Birthday! I am stoked to see you guys on Feb. 23rd. Hope you had an awesome birthday Rob! I wish you guys the best for the upcoming tours and safe trips. Keep up the awesome work and can’t wait to see you guys at Staples Center. Take care guys and Rock on! :)
    Best Wishes,
    Kate

25. lostie1 on January 21, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Kicked off the tour with Rob’s birthday! That’s hectic! Wish I was there…

26. autumnoh12 on January 21, 2011 at 5:01 pm

AWESOME! Can’t wait for February 17th! Love ya’ll!

27. scorpion8274 on January 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm

been waiting a while for LP to come to town!! cant wait to see you in tampa tomorrow!!a thousand suns is a great album and great evolution in your music!! keep them coming.

28. nikkiann0100 on January 21, 2011 at 4:39 pm

See ya in Chicago!

29. Ally on January 21, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Is it this sunday yet?

30. betty108 on January 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm

5 days left until your concert here in Chicago!
    See you at the Summit! I wish you guys would be able to join us in the day one activities….

31. FD Moore on January 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Bought 2 tixkets back in December. I’ll be there with one of the biggest LP fans I know.

32. Alexandra Nofi on January 21, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I’m going to wait until Projekt Revolution. I prefer to travel during the warmer months. Winter has been crazy this year, and, I ain’t in the mood for it.

Also, have you ever considered including international artists into Projekt Rev.? It’s the kind of a festival that is great for bands from other countries to actually see their American fans. I would not mind having Big Bang in PR, Americans have been yelling at YG Entertainment for a long time for a USA tour and they never give.

33. Nadia on January 21, 2011 at 4:05 pm

that’s great and am sure everyone will have an amazing time, as we did in Argentina! Have a great tour!!

34. linkinparkbrsite on January 21, 2011 at 4:05 pm

The United States deserves a high quality band Linkin Park is the perfect band for it.

35. milasouza11 on January 21, 2011 at 4:05 pm

you should play the song BLACKOUT more times! It’s a good song! I love it

36. lpamericancom on January 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Mike, what’s going on with the DSPs from South America?

37. smallpkgtnt on January 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Got my ticket! Can’t wait to see you guys in Chicago! It’s my first LP concert and I am bring 3 others with me!

38. Zara on January 21, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Just reading the reviews, nice work! We hope Rob had a great birthday.