New Linkin Park Song Available, DTD for Japan Now Live.

March 22, 2011

This week, we got an amazing letter from the UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-Moon, acknowledging Music For Relief and Linkin Park’s ongoing efforts in Haiti & environmental protection. It read “Both your international and local commitments are a valuable contribution to our global efforts to build a better world. What you do through your music, your fans, your entrepreneurial spirit, and most importantly your passion, is commendable.” I wanted to share that thought with you, because I want you to feel the same pride we do–the good feeling that comes from making an effort to help someone else who needs it.

With that said, I’m asking all readers of this blog to act, and get something in return.

We are thrilled to announce that the NEW www.downloadtodonate.org Japan site is up now. Donate $10 or more, and get access to great music. We intend to add more tracks in the coming months; anyone who donates will have access to these tracks PLUS future tracks that get added. Right now, we have new recordings from Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Angels & Airwaves, B’z, Hoobastank, Sara Bareilles, Flyleaf, Staind, Slash + Myles Kennedy, Counting Crows, Plain White T’s, Elliott Yamin, Enrique Iglesias, and Linkin Park.

The Linkin Park song is entitled “Issho Ni,” meaning “we’re in this together.” It’s an instrumental song that I cooked up this week to benefit the cause.

100% of donations benefit www.savethechildren.org. Please help the kids affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan by donating today! Go here, donate, get music, and spread the word:

www.downloadtodonate.org

1. Jarip Aripudin on April 1, 2011 at 10:15 pm

great appreciation…

get better in the future…

2. thegluelpfan on March 25, 2011 at 10:07 am

Well your charity work has always been appreciated by us the fans and it’s really nice to see that you’re being appreciated by others too🙂

3. jozzie8 on March 25, 2011 at 3:16 am

It is just warming to the heart to see everything that Linkin Park does for MFR.

4. brysislupin on March 24, 2011 at 10:03 am

Like I said before in LP.com the song is just perfect! I guess people aren´t used to hear just instrumental songs and that´s why they are “complaining” so much!
    In my opinion it doesn´t need vocals at all! The instrumental, the sound of it, the emotion of it reached my heart and I´m sure it will reach the hearts of the people who need it
    God bless you all

5. millalp94 on March 24, 2011 at 4:49 am

great letter !:D

your guys are really awesome, with all your support😀 I love that:D

Keep up with the great work !:D

6. dovingbird on March 23, 2011 at 11:34 am

You guys are incredible. Keep up the good work. Proud of you all.

I do have to say, though, if you happen to skim downward and see this…you have a typo on your Download to Donate site and it’s killing me.😉 Sara Bareilles’s song is misspelled as “Song for a Solider.” Ironic, but I don’t quite think that’s what we’re going for.

I’m off to spend the last of my Visa gift card for this, since I don’t really have anything else to my name to give. Thank you again.

-Dovingbird

7. lapkoola on March 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

Mike,
    I’m really proud of you, proud of what you’re doing and proud to be your fan.
    Hugs, Ola =)

8. pascalinkinp4rk on March 23, 2011 at 9:24 am

Congrats to you, guys and to us fans, who donated or will donate. And Thanks Mike to share this letter with us !

9. fanclublp on March 23, 2011 at 8:19 am

acada dia o Lp me impressiona. parabéns pelo trabalho…..

10. jowa96 on March 23, 2011 at 8:11 am

I congratulate you! Well, they are still the world people like you. Thanks to such people, the world can change for the better. Itself belong to a volunteer, where we collect pieniądzie for poor children in orphanages and poor families and people affected by a tragedy. Once again congratulates you!😉

11. kim7huang on March 23, 2011 at 6:43 am

Wow,congratulations!
    I always appreciate your spirit,awesome!

12. cincybmxlpfreak on March 23, 2011 at 6:40 am

AWWW!!! That’s super cool! I just got a really awesome letter like that from my history professor. It makes you feel on top of the clouds, doesn’t it? Everyone needs a morale boost like that every now and then.

13. coliinreiid on March 23, 2011 at 1:26 am

I know it’s only an Instrumental track for “Donate to Download” nothing too serious in that matter…But after having to wait for a few days for this track to be available, I have to say Mike I don’t think I really like it that much! Even Lockjaw was much better than this! I just think you can do so much better with it and it sounds as if anyone can make it…It’s really just a boring repeated beat, expecting to hear some guitar/drums half way through? But no, nothing! But that’s okay I still donated which matters the most and still supporting your music!

Take care
    colinreid

14. sshirlz on March 23, 2011 at 1:05 am

I know now there is more to LP than just a hot bunch of guys making awesome music but also human beings with a kind heart. I am very proud of you guys!
    Mike and the Linkin Parkers rock! The fans are awesome too!

15. Colorize The Future on March 23, 2011 at 12:43 am

I agree.
    And Issho Ni sounds good!

16. dorito82 on March 23, 2011 at 12:37 am

Mike,

Issho Ni is outstanding and so is the letter you all recieved! My hope for you is that one day, when he is old enough to understand, your son will be able to go to school, with the letter in hand, and tell his friends, ‘look at what my father did!’

17. evooba on March 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Awesome Mike! Well done! Heard the new song last night and it’s amazing! Love it, great work🙂

18. jiangshen on March 22, 2011 at 8:22 pm

U all did a great job! Thus awesome! We are all looking for you to come to China……

19. masashiota on March 22, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thank you Mike and all guys of Linkin Park .
    You are the best band and human of this planet ( and others ) .

20. boger7lp on March 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I hope that help is at heart and not be hypocritical not to pay taxes or pretend to do a good deed for a publicity stunt and appear to be a human being generous to your fans group

e always been somewhat skeptical about the donation of the “celebrities”
    who if they do take heart in good conscience and a great satisfaction even if it does public
    and who does it for personal and selfish that fence to hell and rot

nothing peronal not unlike admire you and am your fan but that if I am concerned

and I really like the instrumentation of the song but everything is to donate

21. trueblue268 on March 22, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Congratulations on the kind words from the Secretary General. You guys deserve it. I am so proud to be a Linkin Park fan due to work you do with MFR. Thank you for the music on D2D, but we should not feel like we need to get something from donating. I donated the minute MFR posted that they would help the victims in Japan. I don’t need material recognition that I donated. I know in my heart I did what was right and what was needed. I have a friend in Japan and his and his families safety is all I need. Thank you Mike for all you do in music and with MFR. There are a lot of people who could learn a thing or two from you.

22. Shay Adams on March 22, 2011 at 6:01 pm

This is so great!😄 And I’ll donate first thing when I get paid Thursday. ^_^ I can’t wait to listen!😀

23. Alexandra Nofi on March 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Issho Ni is a very nice instrumental, but, it doesn’t mean as much to me as donating. I spent the whole day waiting for DTD to launch so I could donate.

I’ve been spreading the word on facebook, twitter, LPU chat, and anywhere else I can think of. I feel like the response to the earthquake has been more of a media frenzy than the response that Haiti got, and it is infuriating me. What makes what these people have gone through any less interesting than what the Haitians went through?

24. EpicLinkinPark on March 22, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this amazing letter Mike. This is truly an honor and I really want to thank you and LP for being apart of humanity. I have donated and will keep on doing so. I love the songs they put on here. I am praying each day for Japan and those affected. I really loved Issho Ni. It was really an amazing instrumental. God bless you guys for always caring for others and making such amazing music. You guys are very generous and I am sure everyone feels the same. Thanks again Mike and LP for being apart of humanity.🙂

Kate

25. drichester on March 22, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Congratulations for the initiative, which is why I love Linkin Park, because they are talented, and for helping others!

26. Julian on March 22, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Donated the minute it came out, keep up the good work guys.

And about ‘Issho Ni’, the word meant solely ‘Together’, but it’s fine to say that we’re in this together for this cause.
    Did you write the song by yourself? Cuz it reminded me of the VMA score you made.

27. lpfangrl on March 22, 2011 at 5:53 pm

That letter is freaking awesome🙂 looking forward to see what you come up with in the future to help.

I’m listening to the Download to Donate: Tsunami Relief right now. So far it’s awesome. Love the new instrumental, heard it earlier today.

Keep up the great work!🙂