Huffington Post: Linkin Park One of 10 Bands shaping the Post-Nirvana Era

March 26, 2011

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting Download To Donate by donating and spreading the word.  I’ve been doing interviews this week; they’re starting to go live, like these: HERE and HERE.

Also in the news this week, the Huffington Post called Linkin Park one of the “10 bands shaping the Post-Nirvana Era.”  Also on the list: Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, and The White Stripes among others.  See the list and article here:

By the way…keep working on those “Issho Ni” tracks.  I want to hear some singing / rapping over it…

1. bahar67 on July 10, 2011 at 7:39 am

2. Gurikanwar on April 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

hey mike…
    please check my REMAKE of the Issho Ni track…with vocals and all on it..
    I know its too late..but please check it once…

Thanks..:)

3. y1036 on April 1, 2011 at 12:01 am

Don’t agree with the list much except for Linkin Park being on it. But really, it’s all based on opinion. So I will just express mine, and say that there is no other group that seems to put as much into their music as you guys. And besides being great musicians you are also great role models. I appreciate how you show that it is important to believe in making a difference, and then demonstrate HOW to make a difference. Random side note(s), saw you live in Detroit this January and it was by far the best concert I have ever attended. :-) Your music means a lot to me. My coworkers make fun of me for the large array of LP t-shirts I wear.

Thanks again!

4. brysislupin on March 31, 2011 at 4:03 am

I´ve been hearing some of the stuff the fans are doing for Issho Ni and some are really good!
    I won´t be working on it bcuase I have no idea how, not my area…
    Shame on me :P

About Huffington… I aknowledge the talent of all those bands but LP is the only who matters to me <3

5. alexonlyalex on March 30, 2011 at 10:19 am

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/12699305"]

Can’t believe none posted it.

6. galinmitev on March 28, 2011 at 7:30 am

awesome “Wretches And Kings” Video:
    [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE&fs=1&hl=en_US%5D

7. lpfan0394 on March 27, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Not really lyrics for the song itself, just a text I wrote.

Issho Ni

A thousand seas filled with fallen tears
    consisting of sadness and indescribable fears
    are invading the beautiful land of the sun.
    People running from a disaster so big
    it even makes the most emotionless man terminally sick.

At world’s end the earth shook endlessly
    like the 2012 apocalypse arrived way too early.
    Many lives were taken.
    Even more were left broken, alone and forsaken.

No matter how many power we have to control each other,
    Mother Nature decides all our fates one way or another.
    You’re not alone, we’re in this together… Issho Ni

8. Michael Gonzalez on March 26, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I love the track but it’s very difficult to come up with rapping vocals to fit it. I’ve been working on this for days now.

9. St.Owner on March 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Where are we supposed to upload the Issho Ni remixes to????

10. boger7lp on March 26, 2011 at 7:36 pm

not because they want to be compared with such bands as dull and stagnate musically average and are not more common rock

you have elements that other bands have not

if they put more effort and more demands would be better than rock bands and compete with real bands and demand high

and stop being rockstar and start being musicians

pearl jam started very well but unfortunately low level over time and is the only one that has merits as opposed to cold play arcade fire radiohead

you are much better and can be further improved
    all in the instrumentatin

11. slowlearner32 on March 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Those bands are really good. But still LP is different for me ;).

12. dorito82 on March 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm

NOT a DMB fan… or an Arcade Fire (their music doesn’t excite me), Coldplay fan… Ya know what band I’d love to see on the list within the next 10 yrs.? The Black Keys… love’em

13. EpicLinkinPark on March 26, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This article was great. I am glad you guys were in the top ten. You guys deserve nothing but the best. I also loved Issho Ni. I didn’t think it needed any remixes at all, it was just wonderful as is. I do think it’s cool that you let others share on what they come up with though. When I heard Issho Ni, I got inspired to write lyrics for it. Thanks again Mike and LP for being apart of Humanity and being such amazing guys. Hope all is well Mike, Take care. :)

Kate

14. Colorize The Future on March 26, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Linkin Park & Death cab for cutie!

15. burningjavhy on March 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Strength and courage

You must have the strength to be firm, but we need courage to be gentle.
    You need to have strength to defend themselves, but need courage to fight.
    You need to have strength to win a war, but we need courage to surrender.
    You must have the strength to be correct, but it needs courage to have doubt.
    You need to have strength to overcome obstacles, but we need courage to maintain balance.
    You need to have strength to feel the pain of a friend, but we need courage to recognize their own weaknesses.

16. shivani94 on March 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

LP WAS, IS and WILL b da best becoz u people r giving much more than what u took frm da society….. Best wishes,
    Shivani

17. lillyhfg on March 26, 2011 at 11:58 am

Linkin Park deserves every good! ;)

18. evooba on March 26, 2011 at 11:58 am

I don’t completely agree with Green Day and Muse being on that list. As for Kings of Leon, they seem promising. We’ll see I guess :) All we need now is a Post-Run DMC-era. I’d love to see who they’d include in that list.

Good job on the interviews. Already donated myself and pre ordered my t-shirt. Still trying to get more ppl to help. :)

As for Issho Ni, I wrote some guitar but it doesn’t sound good. If I get it right I might write a few lyrics.

PS. It’s Earth Hour today at 8.30pm local time. Don’t forget to turn off everything ;) Doing this once a year is better than nothing, right?

19. Zara on March 26, 2011 at 11:56 am

I dont get the Green Day hate in these comments, they should certainly be listed, maybe for their Nimrod and Dookie albums rather than American Idiot and *laughs* 21st Century Breakdown.

Also I will never understand how Coldplay are so successful in the US.

Other than that his words about Linkin Park are pretty spot on, great article!

20. Claudia B. on March 26, 2011 at 11:22 am

Death Cab For Cutie ruins the whole thing.

I ain’t working on Issho Ni’s lyrics, because I suck at lyric writing :) I’ll let others shine.

21. thepixelpod on March 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

haha green day listed :/,

Issho Ni tracks.. i wish i knew how to edit songs ;3

22. mikeecem on March 26, 2011 at 11:05 am

i loved these interviews. huffingtonpost.com forgot this note: Linkin Park is the best band in the world !

btw, i don’t know how i make a song. can you recommend something to LP fans?

23. spraypaintninkpens on March 26, 2011 at 11:01 am

I stopped reading when I saw Green Day listed.