For Superfans Only

April 6, 2011

My band and I have some very dedicated fans out there (big thank you).  I’m going to be upfront about this post: it’s asking for you to do work, and it’s only for the super-fans.  If that’s not you, skip this one.

OK, if you’re reading on, I’m going to hope you might be one of the awesome people who have read or even contributed to my Wikipedia page, keeping it accurate and current.  Firstly, thank you. The reason I’m writing this post is that I just saw the Discussion / Wiki “Talk” page behind my page, where contributors discuss what is and isn’t true on the page, and people submit ideas or questions about what should be on the page. I thought I’d help out by answering a few things, and adding other notes that you might find useful.

TRIVIA:
Regarding the “Glue” nickname: someone in the band called me “The Glue” saying I was the one that “held everything together.”  The other nicknames (Spike Minoda, Cobra Holda) are just funny, nonsensical.

CRUFT / CLEAN UP:
There are some items on the page which I feel are less than noteworthy:
“made an iTunes celebrity playlist” (I’ve made dozens of playlists for many sites), and
“Was interviewed for MADtv” (it was clearly not a standout moment)
…those should probably be removed

GUITARS
I have played PRS, Ibanez, Fender, and Gibson guitars.  I’ve been playing since I was about 14.  I’ve contributed to the writing and performance of guitar on most songs of every Linkin Park record since the beginning; Brad and I both contribute to most songs that have guitar.

ACTING
I have not, nor do I plan to act in film nor TV.

OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST / MISSING ITEMS:
• I scored the MTV VMAs in 2005.  Lil’ Jon also contributed, but we did not collaborate–our tracks were separate.
• I was an honorary parade marshal in Los Angeles Nisei Week, 2005.
• I was awarded the Japanese American National Museum’s Award of Excellence in 2006.
Brad and I wrote and assembled the song and performance for our one-time-only mashup of “Numb / Encore / Yesterday” on stage at the Grammys (2006) with Jay-Z and Paul McCartney, which was an homage to Danger Mouse’s “Grey Album.”  We also won “Best Rap Sung Collaboration” the same night.  As we walked up to the podium, Jay motioned for me to give the acceptance speech, which I did.  I think he wanted me to accept because I had assembled, produced, and mixed all the mashups on Collision Course.
• In 2009, I received an Honorary Doctorate Of Humane Letters (H.D.L) from Art Center College Of Design.  I suppose this could also mean that my name at the top of the page should officially read: Michael Kenji “Mike” Shinoda, H.D.L., but I’ll leave it up to you guys whether that’s appropriate or not.
• EWP honored me with a Visionary Award and dinner in 2010

Again, a HUGE thank you to everyone who has worked on the Wikipedia page (and all the people who were a part of these honors mentioned, which I am very grateful for).

And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?

1. sarssbs97 on December 26, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Most of the stuff was already added by superfans. Just the one about the guitar part was missing. Added it. So whatever you spoke about here is up on your Wikipedia page.
      x-Sayonara!-x

2. illbehavoir on April 3, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I know this is late a year late actually. But I wanted to say that I also am a super fan of yours Mike. U seem like a real chill dude. U have really accomplished so much Thats really awesome that you worked with Paul McCartney. Im like Literally speechless.

3. kaydest on June 18, 2011 at 9:27 am

Hi Mike..I can tell U that I’m a superduperfan. I’ve been looking for u guys since 2000, and that’s almost half of my life :D
      Today I’m really greatful because finally I got my first ticket concert of U (for September 21-11), it’s a revenge for the past 7 years ago, have not been able to watch because I’m still underage. I’m from Indonesia btw.
      I really hope that we can meet each other On September.
      KEEP ROCKIN’ MIKE !! GBU \(*0*)/

-kay-

4. xiarhlotte03 on April 24, 2011 at 2:55 am

mike,
      i can’t consider myself 1 of ur superfans (i’ve only descovered ur music this january. bt since then, u became my greatest influence. u’r amazing, man…)bt i stil chose 2 read ur post (don’t b mad, pls.)… y? ‘coz u always hav d ability 2 amaze me… nd u did 8 again this tym… haha… more power to u!!!

-xiarhlotte

5. musicmae12 on April 23, 2011 at 3:13 am

of course mike we are superfans and always willing to help you! <3

6. thegluelpfan on April 22, 2011 at 2:32 am

Wikipedia makes me laugh sometimes :D It’s great that people can actually participate but at the same time it’s kinda not so good cause anyone can add anything…which can be something totally not true :D Anyways your Wiki page looks good now.

7. aravind221 on April 21, 2011 at 1:55 am

i agree the super fans thingy mike we r here for u and Lp and we take pride in lifting u up as much we can and we r still doing it alltime :) there r lots of bands trying to compete yet we fight hard to bring u guys up cuz we rthe “super fans” >>> agreed to ana says we want to see a smiling kenji on the wiki page :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Shinoda >>> this is very old from Linkin Park performing at Sonisphere Festival in Kirjurinluoto, Pori, Finland or is it even old from the projekt revolution ?????

8. Alina on April 13, 2011 at 8:47 am

Need help to see LP in Ukraine!!! Pleeeaaase read this and help if you can!

9. squishyho on April 12, 2011 at 9:36 am

how much of this blog article do you use in your artistic life, and how much do you believe in?

10. hallibennoda on April 12, 2011 at 12:56 am

hey everyone and of course, hey mike!!!
      superfans in the house- me and sanjenna are on the case.
      though aren’t you scared that we know everything about you?!
      and how do you manage to fit all that awesomeness into a year- never mind a 24 hour day?!!!

and me and sanjenna are superfans (of the superman!)

take it easy!

11. mikeecem on April 11, 2011 at 2:59 am

everybody should know that epic biography. i have a question for you: only wiki makers are superfan? i want to know…

12. dovingbird on April 10, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I feel really creepy now that I know all these things. Very interesting trivia, but now I feel more like a stalker or something for knowing such obscure knowledge with no personal association, bahaha. I suppose not everyone’s made to be a superfan, as you put it, especially those of us who overthink everything.

-Dovingbird

13. leenee89 on April 10, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Mike I have a question! When do you come to “ROCK AM RING” next???
      I always wanted to go to RAR, but only when Linkin Parks playing there! :)

Love from Germany.

14. ginprozac on April 10, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Your wikipedia page is the only one i trust. I thinkh it´s really nice that you take some of your time to do that, you are not like other artists that abandon their fans. Thank You. :D

@linkinparkforever275
      wtf?? xDDDDDDD

15. joesfan007 on April 10, 2011 at 12:33 pm

hey mike shouldn’t we add that you have a son? ;) hahaha we know everything about you xD do you feel scared? ô.0

16. jershalp on April 10, 2011 at 4:47 am

Wen is Otis’s birthday ?
      its ok if u dnt waana tell, just asked out of curiosity…..

17. Radyo Plexus on April 10, 2011 at 3:34 am

Yeah! Why did I read it? hahaha Joke! But seriously I am a superfan TOO!!!!

18. carolminoda on April 10, 2011 at 12:58 am

hey Mike , I am a big fan your and of LP too.
      Since 2004.

19. burningjavhy on April 9, 2011 at 3:56 pm

amazing Mike…linkin park is amazing
      I had to laugh as you said at the end of texo Escrivá … (why did you do that?) haha!:D!

20. kidthecat on April 9, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I read this far, not because I am one of the people who worked on the wikipedia page or because I am a “super-fan” but because I was interested in it and probably because I wish I was one of those “super-fans”.
      I have been listening to your music for a long time, and I never made it to a concert (various reasons, but I tried many times) but I still believe that I will see you in concert one day!
      I may not be one of those people in your eyes but I truly love your music and I would love to become one of those fans one day.

21. cctjehh on April 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

hahaha funny you put this up. I have to make an art object from someone who inspires me (and yes you are that person (: ) and I had to find a good biograhpy so this really helps haha! ^^

I have to say one of the most inspiring things to me (that I didn’t know before) is your honory doctorrate. It gives me another reason to have you as a sort of icon. I hope I don’t sound creepy xD It’s just me being a fan ;)

22. tiasiandaly on April 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I read all that way. the reason why? I don’t honestly know… It was interesting I guess! Aha!
      the way you just went, ”And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?”actually made me laugh out loud. I think it’s because I imagined the way It would be said…
      I dont even know why im writing this.
      I should go now…

23. treadstone35 on April 9, 2011 at 10:39 am

Wow thanks Mike for these notes. :) It’s a great complement of informations about the band and you. But I just wonder how to understand it – “super-fans” … You know, some people are big fans, some are lesser but they are, so I cannot understand this division … Honestly, I don’t know where I belong to … I’m sorry if I made you feel upset but that’s my opinion …

24. deadzeezorn on April 9, 2011 at 6:11 am

hi Mike

b4 LP update their web , i was a super active fan and i was contacting almost every single fan on that website, and i was the only fan from sudan/africa, but nowdays i got enrolled in a programm whic is so hard in italy, but i keep eye on u guys and writtin this comment is a proof, i hope that answer ur question ..

and i want to say hiiii to all tha fans “super fans” out there.. Excellen work …. miss u all …

25. sampath310 on April 9, 2011 at 1:28 am

Just addicted to Lp songs, but im not a superfan mike.

26. tommyabella on April 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm

MikeShinodaArtwork_facebook

27. galinmitev on April 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm

“Wretches And Kings” Video:

28. deanakatherine on April 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I love the work that LP does both in the studio and out. You guys show a great commitment to world and encourage people to be socially responsible. However, this post caught me by surprise.

I was disappointed to see that you’re calling out “super-fans” to update your wikipedia about your accomplishments, honors, and H.D.L. standing. The people who search for you on Wiki are fans that know how awesome you are. I took this post as being almost egotistical. Accuracy is one thing, but this is something else entirely. You’re a rock star, artist, humanitarian,and a role model. Can we keep it humble?

29. jagta on April 8, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I’m a superfan alright!…That’s cute of you clearing some things up. And you posted it on my birthday! HAppy birthday to me! ;-)

30. adiek84 on April 8, 2011 at 11:30 am

Wikipedia = neverending story. It’s really good that you clear some things up, because so many fans believe every single thing that’s written there. Some fan tweeted months ago that Joe told him at a M&G that “Iridescent” would be the Tranformers single.
      I’ve posted the tweet on my blog and expected that everyone would realize that this is still just a rumour. Apparently I was wrong, because about two weeks ago someone cited this blog post as a reference for “Iridescent” being 4th ATS single in the ATS discography on Wikipedia. So please, if you cite anything, check other sources (like linkinpark.com ;-D) and CHECK THE DATE OF THE ARTICLE!

31. jannipiiin on April 8, 2011 at 6:09 am

LOL thank you for clearing some of that up, Mike. (even thought I pretty much knew all of it, but wth xD)

To Mike and all fans: Have a lovely weekend! :D <3

32. didilp on April 8, 2011 at 6:01 am

Hi Mike, You’re welcome! I have not worked on this Wikipedia page, but thank to all those that have done (i speak french and sorry for my bad english).
      I’m very fan since “One step Closer”, I’m also a big fan of “Fort Minor”, of your artwork.
      I was in a art school (i’ve finished the last year) and I have even made a presentation on “glorious excess born / dies” with a small biography of yourself. So yes i’m superfan, but i think this article is for everyone even for those also who are just fan.
      Thanks for this! :)

Greetings from Switzerland!

33. iamorzing on April 8, 2011 at 5:31 am

“And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that? ” <<< I'm laughing at this XD

sorry, I got to write this in Chinese to express my feeling
      "我笑鳥xd:"

34. leenee89 on April 8, 2011 at 5:31 am

@linkinparkforever275 : HILARIOUS!!! xDDDD omfg awesome hahahahahahaa

That would be something very great for the next concerts hahahahaha *rrraaaawwrrr*

35. linkinparkforever275 on April 8, 2011 at 3:54 am

:D i knew it mike ;)

36. randoms98 on April 8, 2011 at 3:15 am

Hehe

37. emirandakie on April 8, 2011 at 2:42 am

we love you Mike.. we loved the band as well thats why we read that wiki becoz we wanted 2know about you even further than just 2know u as “LP’s personel/rapper” we do what we can, maybe 2 read wiki is the simplest thing 2do, 2know u.

and thanx to make a clarities.. u r the only source who we can trust. i dont know do i a “superfans” or not, and dont know why u called it like that.. this blog not supposed tobe dedicated for “superfans” only but also for “fans” only. the only truth is.. anyone who has already came 2ur blog, read ya posts, listen 2ur songs, went 2ya concerts are called “fans”
      we love you, and care 4u…

regards

emir :)

38. akismet-199536258c85784c0d29e38b1f5be8a3 on April 8, 2011 at 2:02 am

Look at this Mike: http://stats.grok.se/en/201104/Mike%20Shinoda
      Wikipedia article traffic statistics

39. 0live0yl on April 7, 2011 at 11:53 pm

These are the kind of things that separates you from other artists. You take the time to relate to your fans. Don’t know what a superfan really is but all I know, next time you look out at the stage, see how many people are singing/rapping to the lyrics. Count each one and give them the title of fan. That’s why your fans kept reading.

Wiki exist, some things are true and some are not. So, if a page for you exist, it might as well get it right. If you are not a true reliable source for your own wiki page, then I just don’t know what is.

Much Love!

40. icecold25 on April 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Superfan is a relative notion. Everyone can understand it differently.

I think I am a superfan, because:

I just can’t stop listening to your songs. I’ve been doing this for 10 years.
      I check the Linkin Park related websites and social network pages every day
      I own every cd/dvd that I have with you guys.
      I can’t afford to be on LPU an have t-shirts and all that but I do my best…

And even if people are not super fans, the reason for reading all that is just pure curiosity. To know more about you and be on the way to become a superfan. Don’t you agree?

41. faizatulisyraqiah on April 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm

hai mike!!!
      i’m faizatul from malaysia, i’m a 19-year-old girl, and i’m YOUR superfan!!! you have no idea how much trouble i had to deal with to try and have a conversation with you.. hihihihihi…. i just love you. can we chat or sth? i’m really crazy about you..

42. District 3 on April 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Mike,

Not a superfan (I’m not a “superfan” of anything except my family), but did want to post a quick note to let you know that you and the band have fans the cut across the spectrum. I’m nearly 54, chubby, near-sighted father of 14-year-old triplet girls who is ridiculously conservative, quite possibly the stereotypical image of a Linkin Park hater.

Hardly. I think you and LP are among the best bands in rock history. It’s that simple. And I top my worn ballcap to what you’ve done. Carry on.

43. sshirlz on April 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm

HDL…High Density Lipoprotein (good cholesterol) springs to mind . Sorry can’t help it, I’m a biologist. LP is awesome!

44. whosmurry on April 7, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I consider myself a superfan, but I’m afraid I can’t add or edit anything on your Wiki page, because I may or may not have been banned from editing the site due to something I may or may not have added to a page after being prompted by Dr. Stephen T. Colbert, D.F.A.

45. soufex on April 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm

all i can think of when i think of parade marshals is large band hats. which i am okay with. hurr hurr.

46. nidasmr on April 7, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Haha, you know how to make us work, Mike. :)

I have a question about lptv (on YouTube)..
      When I try to watch lptv videos on my Apple device it says that the ‘author doesn’t allow the video to be viewed on this device’. Is it a glitch or did you guys really blocked youtube videos to be viewed on the Apple/mobile devices?

-Nida

47. mikejueo on April 7, 2011 at 4:18 pm

gotta write an essay about u in American Music course. XD

48. cincybmxlpfreak on April 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Lol. That’s awesome, Mike. You’re quite the notable character. :)

49. schennj on April 7, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Hey Mike,
      I understand your busy and may not have time to answer this but I’m having a hard time wrapping my head about this synth/midi business and I really want to expand on my sounds.

For starters I went down to my local Guitar Center to take a look at some keys, pads, guitars of course. I had my eyes set on a M-Audio Axiom 25 for $100, they had a few of them on sale. I did play with a few synth keys just to try them out, I wanted something simple and small. The employee there told me there was no way I was going to get similar effects through the Axiom 25 as you would on your MPC1000.

So what’s the difference? I see the same buttons, they both look the same to me!

–Ron

50. leenee89 on April 7, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Here’s one of your superfans ^^

Love you guys!

10 years of Linkin Park in my life now..gosh time flies by way too fast o0

51. rakshabr on April 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm

“And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?”
      Because i’m an linkin park fan!i need to read,write less lat time!OMG

52. lapkoola on April 7, 2011 at 12:35 pm

…because I’m bored.

And I don’t even like you.
      :P

Hugs =)

53. linkinparkette on April 7, 2011 at 12:27 pm

i never used the words “superfan” more of a big fan, obsessed fan–not in a weird way D; or a stalkish way. but i guess thats like a superfan.. srry i really dont get on wiki that much. i try to not make it a habit to go on there.. for like school and stuffie. but i want to check it out now D;

but that is cool for the fans that went on there and did that… i know that some websites gets stuff wrong.. not sure how u would fit that

54. Rana LP addict on April 7, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Hey Kenji…. The Superfan is by how he appreciate and respect but not how much informations he know and how many CDs he has !!!
      You may not be the only 1 who has wrong info on wiki. Thanks for correcting ,just want You to know wiki is not my source, i read it and found it has some weird stuff that i didn’t believe..
      Sincerely
      Superfan :D

55. boger7lp on April 7, 2011 at 11:39 am

okay for you personally check the contents and make the corrections to the information (which is not the same research that the experience and live events) and no one can better know your LINKIN PARK Mike Shinoda or another member of the band

GOOD FAN
      I think a true fan is one who knows, recognizes and appreciates your work and to help improve his speech with the band, saying the good and bad about your work and your art

BAD FAN
      flattering, to say you’re cute and I like your looks, feel identified by someone (be yourself, be original) – to be part of a fashion-be fan of a celebrity and not the work’s appearance is everything
      I hope you understand

56. demozene on April 7, 2011 at 11:38 am

hi Mike
      You shared an old school rap hip hop mixtape a few years ago, which was awasome
      please share it again with us
      thx

57. exiiinka on April 7, 2011 at 11:38 am

Hey, Mike…
      I never worked on the Wikipedia page…but that doesnť mean I’m not a super-fan…
      I’ve not seen you in person (and I really want) but it doesn’t mean I’m not a super-fan too…But you don’t like Czech Republic :(
      OK..if you will read it I want to you know I’ll be very very happy if you will come to Czech Republic and if here will concert!! :)
      And…here is a picture for your birthday (I wrote you on linkinpark.com and I don’t know if you read it ;) )
      So, I hope you will like it and you will answer me ^^
      Have a nice day Cobra Holda ;) :D ^.^

58. AndyMC on April 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

Well i not help with the wilkipedia page, but with the English to Spanish translations of information about you and the band for fan clubs in Mexico

And if a someone who aren´t part of wilkipedia team read that is because for he/she you are interesting to us not only to those Wilkipedia

Greetings from Mexico Fans

59. brysislupin on April 7, 2011 at 10:56 am

“And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?”

Bcause I´m a super fan :D
      I never worked on the wiki page (I promise to do it from now on) but that doesn´t mean Im not a super fan!!!!!!
      Mean Mike :D:D:D
      I love you guys with all my heart and soul and THAT makes me a super fan :)

60. lpuniverse on April 7, 2011 at 10:32 am

I made a wikipedia account and wrote on the discussion wall. Unfortunately, that is all I can do for now because the page is locked to new wikipedia users…but I will keep trying!
      Thanks Mike :)

P.S. I think we should also work on making a page for Rob and Phoenix because I don’t think their is one :(

61. iravegas on April 7, 2011 at 9:23 am

Hi, Mike!
      Why superfans are the ones who make a page in Wikipedia? Unfortunately I can not, make the page in the wiki. But I’m a fan of Linkin Park and you including for as much as 7 years. I’m going to your concert in Helsinki. If you could see how much we (the fans from Russia) do for you and Linkin Park. Generally, I do not care, but I do not but I’m nothing

;D

62. Claudia B. on April 7, 2011 at 8:51 am

Just as when I saw the title of this post, I thought: “Mike made another incredibly long blog post. I’m gonna need coffee” (I always happen to read your posts when it’s near 9 – 10 pm my time)

I helped out with the LP wiki page, Chester’s and yours wiki pages some months ago, but some stuff has been either removed or edited in such a way that it doesn’t look like my typings at all. I’m gonna be helping this time too, but I give myself a 50:50 chance (or even less) that someone will steal my spotlight. Again.

That video is insane… I spilled my orange juice after I saw it the night before yesterday… D:

Fangirls aren’t superfans. Those are two separate categories.

63. lis0406 on April 7, 2011 at 8:19 am

hi Mike, or should i say Michael Shinoda, H.D.L. WOW MY MOM IT`S GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU HAHA!
      thanks for the information, sadly i dont know how can i edit the wikipedia`s page… so… sorry.. :-(
      thanks again^^

last thing..
      DO YOU EVER SLEEP?? I GUEES NOT.. HAHA “H.D.L” AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

P.S MY DAD LOVE WHEN YOU PUT DEPECHE MODE ON LINKIN PARK RADIO!

64. lpanna2010 on April 7, 2011 at 7:47 am

I’m a super-fan of you…. and quite a lot addicted to you and the other guys… thx a lot for all this information.
      *hug you*

65. ololoimle on April 7, 2011 at 7:40 am

there’re some differences between being a superfan and being a fangirl, you know.
      i dunno exactly who i am, so i’ve read this. lol.

66. aline4lp on April 7, 2011 at 7:34 am

Thanks for that, let’s see what I can do on Wikipedia…
      I am a superfan so I will help you out wih that!!!
      Rely on us Mike ;)

67. Braffschein on April 7, 2011 at 7:19 am

“Was interviewed for MADtv” (it was clearly not a standout moment)

– definitely, it was not :D I always thought about this when I read that Wikipedia page about you.

Thanks for the post, that was interesting.

68. rookieonen on April 7, 2011 at 7:03 am

Count me in (as one of your superfans ^^).
      Thanks for the info, Mike.
      I love the ways you (and the other guys) creating music now and then. :)

69. kim7huang on April 7, 2011 at 6:27 am

I guess I am.
      You’re so talented

70. millalp94 on April 7, 2011 at 6:21 am

hahaha thats so awesome Mike !

I’m a super-fan btw. :P

71. Alexandra Nofi on April 7, 2011 at 6:04 am

… I am a superfan but I ain’t touching it. Mainly because some snot will come in there tomorrow and rewrite everything I wrote and mess the page up again.

Plus, I don’t have enough time to think about it right now…

72. OREOtheOreo on April 7, 2011 at 5:56 am

OK, i was fooled by someone about you’re playing a taxi driver in a movie called “Dark as Day”…@#$*

Larizarr: Same here, mainly coz of mike’s icon xD

73. lppepper on April 7, 2011 at 5:50 am

Will do, not hard you gave us most of the material already. I’ll take a look in my down time. Take it easy Mike, don’t worry about silly wiki pages focus on being in the studio :D
      Stay Classy Shinizzle.
      -Andrea

74. ewany on April 7, 2011 at 5:27 am

If you want to know… I read it because I’ve been working on your psychological profile and your posts say volumes ab. you, especially one like this. It’s quite difficult to figure out a person, even as media-open as you. After all, you do try to carefully control what gets out there, which is quite understandable. I never form opinions about people not knowing them well but with you it’s obviously impossible so I’ve been hovering in space without a sense of where to land. Anyway, this is just a distraction from my everyday life. Not in the 13-20 yrs old range, working towards my (hardly honorary) PhD, taking care of my family – not much free time for an active superfandom. Best wishes!

75. #HQMCSCOO104 on April 7, 2011 at 5:25 am

Hey everyone. Dear Mike, you’ve been doing such amazing stuff it’s a pitty you can’t talk with the fans who has questions about it. Organized questions. I visited your page but looks like the changes has already been done, in fact. I am your supper and biggest fan (no matter what other people think, I can think that to myself and I’m not ofending anyone) even if I can’t change more your wiki page, you are a great inspiration to us. And yeah, you’ve played some great guitars, including your Hello Kitty :D
      If you are reading this comment maybe you wanna see my blog: http://everythingthatrocksonearth.wordpress.com/. It’d be an honor to me that’d comment there.
      Take care :)

76. Shinoda's Army on April 7, 2011 at 5:24 am

I knew the movie thing wasn’t true. Sounded too weird, also without your confirmation. I wrote the first one on Wikipedia, remember when you posted this the first time? They changed it after that day, but seeing some things aren’t right I will send some stuff back. I’ll also publish it on Facebook, in case some administrator is around. Thank you for confirming some things

77. evooba on April 7, 2011 at 5:08 am

Ha! I knew that about the nickname “Glue”. It is mentioned in the making of Meteora. :) will try and help out as much as I can with your wiki page. Thx for all those tips :)

78. SmokingMonkey on April 7, 2011 at 4:53 am

couldnt agree more with SSJUMI

79. enjakuro on April 7, 2011 at 4:47 am

lol i think that’s a good idea so ppl don’t read nonsense on wikipedia (like usually) (btw it helps a lot to write papers) (just don’t copy ANYTHING –> ask my bro xP) okayyyy…. back to the main subject: isn’t it allowed to write a wikipedia page about yourself? cuz if i were famous, i would control it, laugh bout obviously wrong things and correct it afterwards –> /me imagines it to be funny xD

80. larissaevelynrm on April 7, 2011 at 4:33 am

I died laughing at the comment below ♥

81. ssjumi on April 7, 2011 at 4:10 am

I think VERY noteworthy is also your (and part of your bandmates’) perfomance in this video:

82. vishnu babu on April 7, 2011 at 4:08 am

thanks buddy

83. markusstorm on April 7, 2011 at 3:44 am

Mm, superfan sounds awkward but surely in my musical YouTube channel I put as my influences my lover, Maynard James Keenan, Trent Reznor and you Mike, you are a huge inspiration in everything I do.
      I think anyway also a non-superfan should read about you, to know the “real” masterminds in music and not only.
      That’s why I dream of a feedback to one of my tracks from you also, it would be such a reward as no other almost. At least once in a lifetime lol.
      Keep going, you’re the best, Dr. Shinoda :D

84. alenakolesova on April 7, 2011 at 3:43 am

I probably Superfan from Russia, and I do not take part in all those activities that you and your group ustravete, I have no capacity to do this! In addition, I work with an interpreter, that there could speak more … Why read to the end .. Well, because you have formed me as a person and through you I see, what to strive. You are to me as a teacher. And I believe you worry about you. And you are so far the only people with whom I share opinions about the world as a whole. That’s nice. Sorry, an awful text, without an interpreter that the very hard to say anything.

85. kelly jean on April 7, 2011 at 3:28 am

Wow I didn’t realize back then how dignified receiving a DHL is. Obama didn’t even get one when he was the keynote speaker at ASU!

86. Colorize The Future on April 7, 2011 at 2:11 am

Mr. Minoda

I’m super Mario
      With the gamesound from lp&fm

87. janetmoneguobo on April 7, 2011 at 2:09 am

88. shivani94 on April 7, 2011 at 2:03 am

I read it because my soul forced me to do so…. And i am sorry i am not your superfan….. :(

89. milasouza11 on April 7, 2011 at 1:59 am

sure! you need these changes to the wiki page! I’ll help you MIKE *____*

cause i’m huge fan…you can’t imagine how much
      love ya

@milasouza11 camila

90. al320 on April 7, 2011 at 1:54 am

I think you guys are awesome!Thanks for the info!Btw, I love your artwork!It’s really unique;)

91. patitati77 on April 7, 2011 at 1:48 am

MS: And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?
      you do not exist, LOL – so that you are our source of inspiration :D

92. sshirlz on April 7, 2011 at 1:09 am

Super uber duper fan I am!!!! Who in the world can not be a superfan i don’t understand. Thanks for clarifying all that COBRA HOLDA. LOL!!

93. pink00skull on April 7, 2011 at 1:04 am

i’m not just a superfan,i’m addicted 2 lp,thanx mike,spike,glue, :-)

94. notunafraid on April 7, 2011 at 12:40 am

I’m not a superfan (i’m a “born again” lp fan since a week ago lol) and i read your facts and i dunno why i just did that. :P Though I do know that “Spike Minoda” was made by Chester. :)

Take Care, Spike!
      EB

95. dorito82 on April 7, 2011 at 12:27 am

Superfan… pftt… I think you already know how many superfans you have, regardless of whether we help you out with your wikipedia page! lol

96. linkinlayra on April 7, 2011 at 12:08 am

You’re very welcome Mike!

ps. This is for you! Everybody can read that and write a comment :)

97. julkavolk on April 7, 2011 at 12:05 am

I’m just a fan but I love LP with all my big heart and kind soul! :)

and I’m still in the hope that you will find time to visit Ukraine!

98. dnbullocks on April 7, 2011 at 12:01 am

oh you know i’m on it! and gladly so!
      Mike and Linkin Park are the best!

99. cezar_lp on April 6, 2011 at 11:56 pm

hey Mike, for fun do in your next post: “The 10 steps to recognize a Super Fan of LP” XD
      Here a video that I made and won in the contest “Lp Part of my Life”, there are some ideas haha: http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/fan-favorite-lp-part-of-my

100. tinalein76 on April 6, 2011 at 11:55 pm

You’re a great band and have the best fans deserve :)

101. sajinokami on April 6, 2011 at 11:51 pm

‘And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?’

Because you strike me as an interesting person, other than that, no idea.

102. slowlearner32 on April 6, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Yes, I’m a superfan of the superman.

103. anitazik on April 6, 2011 at 11:35 pm

cause we love you guys! you don’t need to be superfan to love!…really…

104. bianca on April 6, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I helped out with your wiki page last time (2008?) but I dont have the time right now :( Not that my contribution matters in any way since there are tons of others who will gladly do it :)

105. kathyxx on April 6, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I’ve made a number of the changes you requested. I didn’t get the awards and the trivia because Wikipedia does not condone random trivia sections, so that stuff has to be added thoughtfully, as a natural element with the rest of the text.

That takes thinking. Thinkin makes mah head hurt.

Anyway, I spend much more time on wiki.lpassociation.com, on the ACTUAL better Linkin Park wiki…. actually it’s not better because we’re a bit low on contributors. Will you take a look at it too?

106. liyananaznim on April 6, 2011 at 11:16 pm

*clicks LIKE*

107. anaphx on April 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Sure Mike!

I’d like to help you, I tried a lot of times to change the Wikipedia page of yours but all my changes have been removed. I absolutely have no idea how to work this one out.

I’ve also tried 100x to change that picture of you, looking like you were falling asleep at an interview (HA!) and I even emailed wikipedia asking why they dont let me change it and the answer I got was: “If Mr.Shinoda wants it to be changed, his management should contact us”

– Ana

108. Julian on April 6, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Rob and Dave still haven’t got their own Wiki pages :P

109. majiksmonster on April 6, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Awesome. Thanks for clearing things up man. Take it easy.