Iridescent: Transformers 3 Single

April 13, 2011

A few months ago, I got on the phone with Michael Bay, who wanted to discuss the possibility of our band continuing our run with songs paired with the Transformers films. We (he, his team, and our band) all have enjoyed working together on the past two, and he wanted to discuss the ideas we might have for Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon. In particular, one song came up immediately. Ever since we started playing Iridescent live, the song has been a fan favorite at the show.

For the film, there’s a new, slightly shorter version of the song, which is floating around the internet now. We’ll be shooting a video for the song tomorrow, directed by Joe Hahn.

…Also, watch this guy. (Not Safe For Work)

1. justmiey on April 24, 2011 at 5:00 am

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LMAO!!

2. thegluelpfan on April 22, 2011 at 2:38 am

I’m so excited!When I watched the first two parts people thought that I was going crazy cause I kept jumping in my seat every time I heard your song :D I’m a fan of the movies as well so it’s a great fit :) Also can’t wait for the video cause it looks like it’s gonna be epic :D

3. shrutisharma105 on April 21, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Wow This Increases Our Excitement More For Transformers 3.
    N Osho Is Hilarious In The Video!

4. jozzie8 on April 19, 2011 at 4:47 am

Man he talks really slow but what he is saying is so true.

5. Kevin Waldhof on April 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm

You guys first played Iridescent live in the album launch concert at the Best Buy Theater. There were a lot of people singing then too.

6. tiasiandaly on April 16, 2011 at 8:13 am

transformers and linkin park… best combination ever made :D
    i’m so excited!

7. janemari3 on April 16, 2011 at 7:00 am

F**CK!!!

8. cophater on April 16, 2011 at 2:33 am

Dont frgt to feed tervor.i request you to buy a cat and keep him in studio unchained. Then the cat will finish tervor only if he tries to bite you cats can dectet whethever a snake gonna bite or not

9. cophater on April 16, 2011 at 2:24 am

I aint know what in the name of hell i heard on tranfomers2 what a sound quality and the sound is mr bttr than HD no 0ne else on earth can make sngs like linkin park prove me wrng if u can

10. wolfraptor5526 on April 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Hey Mike,

I’m not sure Iridescent is necessarily right for Transformers – it’s not on quite the same level as What I’ve Done and New Divide. Still an amazing song, but I don’t see how it would fit. Then again I’m sure it will make a lot more sense once I actually, you know, see the movie.

Also, that guy’s argument is recycled from this video, with some lines being copied almost literally word for word:

11. mikeecem on April 15, 2011 at 9:16 am

new transformers .. haha i was not suprised. Michael Bay knows his place…

12. Radyo Plexus on April 15, 2011 at 7:12 am

I can’t wait to see that video! To all filipinos who love LP please vote them on Myx Philippines!

13. emirandakie on April 15, 2011 at 2:43 am

the video of Transformers 3 just great :3 :3 :3

14. Colorize The Future on April 15, 2011 at 1:12 am

Nice Song & movie!

15. brysislupin on April 15, 2011 at 12:14 am

Haha :) I´ve never heard THE word so many time :P
    It´s hillarious. Thanks for sharing!

About Transformers, when I knew that Iridescent was going to be a part of Transformers Soundtrack I was impressed and now I think it fits perfectly

16. boger7lp on April 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm

I suggest something with more testosterone iridescent

17. lpsoul on April 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Hey Mike can’t wait to see the video and the movie! :D
    Can you also check out my Linkin Park Reanimation canvas painting? Tell me what you think :) http://lpsoulx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d399i03

18. ErbseLP on April 14, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I can’t wait to see the video, can’t wait to see the movie and can’t wait to see you guys in Leipzig! :D

19. anadaniie on April 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Niiice, dont really care about the video below, though.
    Btw, Iridescent? Best song ever by Linkin Park, honestly.

20. meglp on April 14, 2011 at 11:40 am

wow great choice mike i love iridescent and transformers :D you guys are just amazing

21. takumademonreborn on April 14, 2011 at 11:08 am

nice…can wait for transformers 3! iridescent is a really awesome song :)

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2X2jEoOoUo&fs=1&hl=en_US%5D

22. keykey2010 on April 14, 2011 at 8:21 am

The edit takes out the best part of the song,the part before the let it go,and to me it sounds like it was edited. Maybe It will work in the movie, but the video/on the radio it may sound kinda weird. The song also isn’t very action movie-esque but maybe it will work in the context of the film.

23. cincybmxlpfreak on April 14, 2011 at 7:23 am

That’s pretty cool that you’re working on the new Transformers movie. The second one definitely wasn’t as good as the first, but it’s cool that you guys get to do something new with your musical abilities. Btw, you’re smart to warn us about the video content by saying “(Not safe for work).” I wish more people did that…lol!

24. darthvaderlives on April 14, 2011 at 7:22 am

Thanks for linking to my video, Mike! :)

25. lot321 on April 14, 2011 at 6:51 am

sigh* , i prefer LP making another song rather than just using one song from their album n say tht this is it….i prefer it just like New Divide, totally just for the film….anyway if i were to rate among the 3 songs in 3 films….New Divide is the best, the views in youtube proved that

26. mizerablesi on April 14, 2011 at 6:31 am

I’m so excited yay. I absolutely love Transformers but Transformers with Linkin Park is so much better.It is the greatest combination ever!!! I can’t wait to see the video. Love you guys Muah

27. masako08 on April 14, 2011 at 5:28 am

that’s 3 in a row … haha way to go guys … you’re the best!!! … can’t wait for the video … :)

28. sukitang on April 14, 2011 at 5:23 am

I regret missing the other two films before. And I’ll watch them this summer after the university entrance exam. Can’t wait for the third one. The name”Dark of the moon” have already made me excited.BTW, hope your tomorrow’s shooting smoothly.

29. Alexandra Nofi on April 14, 2011 at 5:16 am

The video of that guy was just weird for me. Though I did have a bit of a giggle.

I can see how you and the rest of the band tried to remix the song without doing to much to it. Some things are just perfect exactly as they are and should never be remixed. You unintentionally hurt the emotional power from the “let it go” gang vocals in the original version. Iridescent is a song myself and others are connected with because of the way it was arranged. When you remove that arrangement, it no longer has that connection and is just a song.

30. evooba on April 14, 2011 at 5:02 am

Great news! Can’t wait for both the movie and the video of the song :D I’m sure Joe’s gonna work his magic again :)

31. Claudia B. on April 14, 2011 at 3:49 am

Well some people, at first, were saying that Burning In The Skies will be the song used for Transformers 3, then I recall someone from the band… hmmm, you, Mike, saying that you will NOT do a soundtrack for this movie. Then I remember Phoenix saying the same thing.

Either way, I’m very very very VERY excited for the movie. I’ve loved Transformers ever since my childhood, and seeing a third movie and my favorite band doing a soundtrack for it is just wonderful, to say the least :) Can’t wait!

32. larissaevelynrm on April 14, 2011 at 3:19 am

IRIDESCENT? *-*

Darn. I was surprised again

uehueheuheuheueh

I love this guy!

LP’re amazing!

kiss kiss ♥

i watch the videos … :)

33. Parker on April 14, 2011 at 3:14 am

You’ve killed the beauty of the song “remaking” it again.
    If you will add some scenes from Transformers 3 to the video you will killed it twice.

I really counted on you with THAT song. I expected much. No, I’m not excited at all. Sorry guys.

34. phillywilly1991 on April 14, 2011 at 2:52 am

Will the video be for the transformers version or album version?
    *fingers crossed for album version*

35. Gurikanwar on April 14, 2011 at 2:28 am

Hey mike…
    Please have a look at my take on Issho Ni..

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRUqz9DsRKM&fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0%5D

Thanks :)

36. dorito82 on April 14, 2011 at 1:43 am

haha that was funny! LPTimes has another trailer/teaser up that looks good too.

37. linkinparkclub1 on April 14, 2011 at 1:28 am

38. milasouza11 on April 14, 2011 at 1:25 am

Good Song *—*

39. linkinlayra on April 14, 2011 at 12:39 am

I knew it! in fact Chester said it in one interview about one week ago :D

40. alyeska39 on April 14, 2011 at 12:16 am

I’m tempted to follow that mantra…

41. tinalein76 on April 13, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hello Mike :)
    I love the song it is so emotional and live fantastic, a great song, and Joe makes a great video of it :)

42. thepixelpod on April 13, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Transformers 3 + Iridescent + 3D = best movie of the year ;)

43. spraypaintninkpens on April 13, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Remix or radio edit? Sounds like a radio edit to me…

44. Michael Gonzalez on April 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

OMG! He’s one of the director’s whom I idolize for my film-making :)You and him are a HUGE inspiration to my life every single day.

Let him know his NUMBER 1 fan said hello :D And I cannot wait for the movie as well to see the song fit into the movie. You guys are a great team and this is going to be one of the most epic movie moments in my entire life that I might not ever get to have ever again.

-Mike

45. kathyxx on April 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

headphones = win.

Delivery of the age old many forms of fock = super win

46. howsah on April 13, 2011 at 9:51 pm

ROFL, this video is awesome, Mike!

47. cctjehh on April 13, 2011 at 9:50 pm

buwhahaha hilarious! ^^

48. CatalyNoda on April 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Completely looking forward to this. Excellent work Megamus Noda. (My transformers name for you.)

49. Bru Previgonsté on April 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

It’s amazing hear LP in the film… good news.

50. Julian on April 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm

And then you once said you’re not working with Transformers 3 haha.
    And please, tell me the music video’s gonna use the album version.
    I hope it could be more like an A Thousand Suns song rather than a Transformers song, it’s too special for it.

PS: Maybe you’ll shoot two :P