Announcement: LPU Enhancements to Include Merchandise Package, No Extra Fees, & Free LPTV Downloads

May 2, 2011

We’re constantly working to make LP Underground more than a fan club–we envision it as the best way for people who like the Linkin Park’s music to get closer to the band and community of LP.  Today, we announced a list of enhancements to LPUX in a massive email, direct to the fans.  Since it was a really long email, I thought I’d list a few highlights.  Here are my three favorite new additions to LPU:

1.) A physical merchandise package (annual members).  This package includes a limited edition t-shirt, cell phone/device case, an original art print (by me) and other items.  Members who join today will get the package as part of your annual fee.  Existing members will get the package in the mail for no extra cost (LPU is absorbing the costs–even those outside the US).

2.) The brand new LPTV downloadable video library.  Members can download ANYTHING in the history of LPTV for free, optimized for your laptop, iPad, and select phones.  These episodes go back as far as “Meteora,” so there’s a lot to see (and download) there.

3.) Another LPU Summit is on the way.  This one, our fourth, will be held in Hamburg, Germany on June 21!  At past Summit events, fans met the band, saw sound checks and intimate acoustic performances, worked on Music For Relief charity events, toured the crew bus and backstage, and more.  Check out footage from Summit events, and reserve your spot at the upcoming Summit in Hamburg at the link below.  Fans have traveled from all over the world to be at these events, so act fast to reserve your spot at the Hamburg Summit.

These are all added features–all the other benefits of being an LPU member are still in tact.  To learn more about LPU or sign up to become a member, go to LPUnderground.com.

1. smurphy72 on May 19, 2011 at 8:28 am

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike the teal on you is my favorite color you rock I LOVE YOU:):):):):):):):):)

2. dannny24 on May 15, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I’m sooo sad… I couldn’t get a pass for the summit, because I have no credit card and it takes a view days till you get your paypal account. Then there were no passes left. Me and a friend really tried everything to get passes.

It’s all about having money!!! Great. I love this world!

3. millalp94 on May 13, 2011 at 4:08 am

YEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!:D

Summit!! can’t wait for the 21st :D

4. ioncewastheexile on May 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Hey Mike, this is Lead Singer and Manager of I Once Was The Exile. I was wondering if whenever you get free time if you could take a gander at our new website http://ioncewastheexile.webstarts.com/

Also I’ve checked out the LPU and I dig it. I believe fans across the world will love the new updates to the site. I join the membership also after our tour this summer.

LP has done great the past year and I hope your greatness continues for years to come.

~Kendrick, of IOWTE

5. riachen on May 8, 2011 at 5:01 am

Wonderful how you work to improve LPU. Great news.
    But I can´t be at the LPU summit in Hamburg because I have my final examination in my traineeship on this and the following day…that´s sad, but maybe it will work another time. Have fun there but moreover we will see in Leipzig.^^

6. galinmitev on May 8, 2011 at 4:52 am

“Wretches And Kings” Video:
    [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIMo1WoHcfE&fs=1&hl=en_US%5D

7. mikeshinodangel on May 7, 2011 at 12:06 am

YEP I’ve ordered it Can’t wait. No shipping fees good idea you guys. With everything this package contains, it’s really a bargain. Can’t wait to have it and see one of your amazing art, Mike!.

8. thegluelpfan on May 5, 2011 at 4:18 am

Well congrats on making the LPU better :) I’m really really really hoping to be able to come to this summit cause it will be like the best day of my life…so fingers crossed I’ll be able to do it.And I’m really happy about the lpu and lptv episode cause I really love those

9. ristinw on May 4, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I’d like to have the robot print!!!!!!! XD

10. svstels on May 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm

check out my music! =)

11. linkinparkforever275 on May 4, 2011 at 9:29 am

wow thats are some awesome news mike :)
    I cannot wait to see you at the summit! I already got my ticket reserved for the show :) As well as the Merch pack that is on the way too me:)
    LPUX turned out really awesome! Thank you for all of this!

12. brysislupin on May 4, 2011 at 5:14 am

This is really great news! Cant wait to get the stuff! But unfortunaly I can´t go to the summit, I will be in Italy by that time. Maybe next time :) It will be a dream came true

13. shivani94 on May 4, 2011 at 3:48 am

Lucky LPU members :(

14. thegrandkaidbz on May 3, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Watch this!!

15. kenji2552 on May 3, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Hey Mike,

What do you think about Amerika and Osama bin Laden???
    Do u think he´s realy dead?
    or is it a Big Fat Fake???
    are u happy if he is realy dead?

16. burningjavhy on May 3, 2011 at 11:37 am

mike fantastic and amazing
    which I liked most was the 1 is one of the best I love
    linkin park no doubt hear it every day

17. Sam LPfangrl on May 3, 2011 at 10:05 am

Can’t wait to get my t-shirt! :D

18. Claudia B. on May 3, 2011 at 9:27 am

No shipping / handling fees? Mike, you just saved me 17 $ if I ever decided to renew my membership :)

I would join LPUX in a few seconds, if I knew that you guys came to my city during A Thousand Suns European tour 2011, but since you definitely won’t come, I am not rushing to join LPUX because 1) I miss all the chats, 2) I’d have to travel half way across the continent just to attend a concert and / or Summit. So it’d mean that I’d basically be paying for the physical items and the site benefits.

I have my doubts, you know. I’m in a rather ungrateful situation. It sucks to be 16. :/

19. mikeecem on May 3, 2011 at 7:25 am

THIS :o best things ever.

20. takumademonreborn on May 3, 2011 at 6:44 am

sounds cool

21. pink00skull on May 3, 2011 at 1:51 am

yes!! I tottally agree with (liontor) pleaaase no more black and white cuz i’m starting 2 think i have color blindness or something hehe,we need colors, thanx,tc :)

22. liontor on May 3, 2011 at 1:16 am

Just one more thing to change at Linkin Park’s house. No more black&white LPTVs please! We want color.

23. jdennis88 on May 2, 2011 at 11:14 pm

This is awesome. Big thank you to all those working at the LPUHQ! And of course, thank you Linkin Park =]

24. fatimalp on May 2, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for all these new features! It’s really awesome! :D

25. the108 on May 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm

whoah, I ordered already this piece of awesomeness. :3
    hope my package will come to Russia. :D

and guys please, listen to my new track, tell me what you think http://www.last.fm/music/the108/_/Ghetto
    thank you in advance.

26. jiangshen on May 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Thus awesome MIKE!!I really expect Ur China Show!!We are all waiting for Linkin Park!!!!!

27. Julian on May 2, 2011 at 7:57 pm

28. slowlearner32 on May 2, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Mike, I’m happy to tell you that I’m going to become a LPU member! Believe or not, this is one of my dreams in my life! Hope you hold a LPU summit or meet and greet in Japan! I’m waiting for you :D!

29. whosmurry on May 2, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I’m very tempted to get this. I may just have to go for it, even though I doubt there’ll be another show in my area in the next year. But the thought of missing out on a summit in my general vicinity (Dallas, perhaps) kills me.

Oh, and while we’re talking about LPTV… Whatever happened to those videos that used to be on the linkinpark.com, before LPTV? I distinctly remember one where you were cutting Dave’s hair in a public restroom. I think they were pre-Meteora. There were several old, old ones that disappeared from the Internet years ago and haven’t been seen since. Could your people possibly unearth them for the LPU video library?

30. lpsoul on May 2, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thanks! and lucky!!! I wanna be a LPU member too. I hope Mike sees my artwork :)

31. italianarmenian on May 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I love you, honey pup. :) I miss Saint. :(( HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA tell the silly asian boys its fine to look at me in the eyes… I lol don’t shoot laser beams out my eyes…just offers of peace and love and cherish and honor. I want to grow old with you and be your blue dragon…platinum dragon sends his lobe to gold dragon and I’m afraid there isnt much timers be
    fore metal fish bites.

32. argol8489 on May 2, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I really liked the drawing you did mike, I’ll save it as a treasure. :) MUCHAS GRACIAS

33. abhigollapudi on May 2, 2011 at 4:53 pm

@LPSoul Dang those are good. Im 15 too and I got my first job. guess who’s becoming an LPU member?

34. betty108 on May 2, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Currently downloading the LPTV episode in which I’m in 4 times, BTW.
    Just, amazing.

35. lpsoul on May 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Hey Mike, my name’s Perri and I’m a 15 year old art student from Canada. I am a really big fan of your artwork and music. I have done some artwork and would like to show it to you. My art teacher has also recommended that I should show you. Check it out and please tell me what you think :D http://lpsoulx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d399i03

36. lpsoul on May 2, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Hey Mike, my name’s Perri and I’m a 15 year old art student from Canada. I am a really big fan of your artwork and music. I have done some artwork and would like to show it to you. My art teacher has also recommended that I should show you. Check it out yfrog.com/h495016130j http://lpsoulx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3c2jik

37. Xenith on May 2, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I quit LPU back in 2008/9. I felt let down after my membership supplied me with nothing but the god awful ‘mmm cookies’ CD and a chance to purchase tickets for Projekt Revolution. Thinking that this time I would finaly purchase tickets that would let me SEE you live and not just hear you. Sadly even though arriving early at the venue, my membership yet again did not help to secure a decent view. :(

So after the disapointment of the free CDs, the shoddy stickers and shoe laces… I decided to quit and take my chances with buying it all from Ebay and watching LPUTV on Youtube.

Sorry Mike but it was the best decision I made. My LPU money now goes to MFR and shall continue to do so.

38. thepixelpod on May 2, 2011 at 1:46 pm

i want to be a LPU member :/

39. betty108 on May 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This is just awesome. I’m currently planning to go to the Summit in Germany. The one in Chicago was AMAZING, so I don’t want to miss another experience like the one I had. I’ll also be going to your shows in Cali in June, so June’s going to be a blast. Can’t wait to get my LPUX Goodies!
    THANK YOU, Linkin Park. <3

40. Ally on May 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Patience paid off.

I am very happy for all what we have gotten today!

41. jpkaukonen on May 2, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Thank you! The best package ever. The video download thing is just what I’ve always wanted! I appreciate this so much. You know I love you (=

42. tinalein76 on May 2, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Hi Mike .. I think it’s great what you do for your fans :)
    Since her something special and have all these fans deserve :)
    Thanks for the Summit in Hamburg, I’m really looking forward to it :)
    I am proud to be part of LPUX to be:) Thanks to you Mike and your guys:)

43. marcospaulocampos on May 2, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Heeeeeeeeey ya!

Very great news!!!
    A lot of new stuffs! NICE!

I would like to know about South America summit, is it possible!?!?
    Does it exist? lol

Cya friends!

44. Alexandra Nofi on May 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Hey! The picture didn’t show up, no fair! Fine, I’ll direct link it then: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/shadower/228677_2002041014108_1336073387_32311212_7590888_n.jpg

45. Sofi on May 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I don’t like that there are restrictions for the members that still have time in their LPU9 membership. Like in my case, my LPU9 membership expires in August, and I’m in no way going (I can’t, also) to buy a LPUX annual package earlier.

46. Alexandra Nofi on May 2, 2011 at 12:01 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I’m glad to see the LPUMB is coming back, and I am looking forward to the chat tomorrow. Aren’t you so glad I have something nice to say about LPUX now?

Also, the lack of news for Iridescent is still killing me, and you know how much I love to poke fun at you so, I wonder if your Trevor could get along with my Sophie:

47. aline4lp on May 2, 2011 at 11:51 am

Thank you for all these new features, I’ve already purchased my merchandise package.
    I hope to be able to attend at the Summit in Hamburg, that would be really great to meet you there!!!
    (Hopefully) see you soon…

48. evooba on May 2, 2011 at 11:50 am

I’ve been waiting for this since o renewed my membership! You can’t believe how happy I am :D I can’t thank you and the guys over at LPUHQ for the amazing work you’ve done for us all these years. We show our love and you show us your love back and that’s beyond awesome. I don’t think a fan could ask for something more.

As for the Summit, seems like I’ll be missing it cause my graduation is the same night and I can’t miss it :( I’ll catch the next one. Still hoping you guys do something here in Greece

49. lpfmfan on May 2, 2011 at 11:49 am

Cool, I already redeemed! You forgot to mention the chat btw lol.

Any word on LPU pre-sale for KROQ Weenie Roast? I’m planning to go! All the way from TX. :)