New Linkin Park Radio!

May 23, 2011

I recently updated our Linkin Park radio station, and did some talkin’ with Jensen Karp (voice of the Hype Men podcast and owner of Gallery 1988).  He got me to call some Linkin Park fans on the phone, with the intention of getting them to:

1.) talk trash about us,
2.) demand what our next album should sound like, and
3.) find out who we should kick out of the band.

Go here to listen — http://iheartradio.com/cc-common/widget/streaming.swf?wid=7558

1. thegluelpfan on June 18, 2011 at 5:14 am

Linkin Park radio is like one of the best things that has happened to radio in the past years😀

2. burningjavhy on May 31, 2011 at 12:29 pm

good music is excellent

3. frandwong on May 29, 2011 at 8:26 am

Hi,Mike~

4. thepixelpod on May 25, 2011 at 3:47 pm

cool P:,

5. counter17 on May 25, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hey ppl check it out
    My entry for cover of IRIDESCENT…

6. smurphy72 on May 25, 2011 at 8:37 am

OMJ kool i love you for real :):):):):):):)

7. dorito82 on May 25, 2011 at 12:19 am

Ok, I heard you and Dyrdek, but it went back to older stuff, so now I have to listen to all the stuff to get to the new Jensen Karp thing… lol I’ll get around to hearing it one of these days. lol

8. argol8489 on May 24, 2011 at 9:01 pm

if you you get kicked out of the band, I give you work 🙂

9. cincybmxlpfreak on May 24, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Cool. How do we give you our phone number for you to call us? Cause…that would be hilarious to get a random phone call from you. Talk about making someone’s day. Lol. Also, when is the music video for “Iridescent” being released? I’m ready for it!!

10. nutritionelles on May 24, 2011 at 8:43 pm

This is so great. We don’t really have good stations here in belgium, and I’m not really familiar with any american station or so. This is perfect❤

11. vickykun on May 24, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thanks for making me laugh ;333
    At least my job will be less boring with your radio*-*

kiss kiss

12. thegrandkaidbz on May 24, 2011 at 2:31 pm

New Limp Bizkit Radio!

13. boger7lp on May 24, 2011 at 8:52 am

are exactly the points accrued touch

and not only ask a small group of fans who only flatter you
    whatever you do

you hear strong criticism and learn from them
    so be very painful and is the hardest part of being an artist (not a celebrity) a real artist

points to fix are:
    -repetitive lyrics
    technique, mainly with the instruments (still very flat bass – guitar, keyboard)

Joe Hann is good
    Rob instrumental shown a slight increase (only you need to add more tools to drums and more speed)

14. counter17 on May 24, 2011 at 8:27 am

Hey nice…

IMPORTANT
    IMPORTANT
    IMPORTANT
    IMPORTANT

To the concerned people

The song name and the LINKIN PARK RADIO LOGO
    are of white colour
    So the songs name cant be read…

15. simona93 on May 24, 2011 at 8:26 am

Hi, I’ve got a problem with the LP Radio.
    I don’t know if it’s just me or the fact that I live in Czech Republic, but I’ve played it on both my Win7 laptop in Google Chrome and the IHeartRadio Android app. Both works but it plays the old tracklist & commentaries, by old I mean the VERY FIRST radio session.
    It would be awesome if someone looked at it and told the IHeartRadio ITers to correct the problem. Actually really awesome.
    I’m on lp.com under http://www.linkinpark.com/profile/SimonaMadhi if anyone needed more info or tell me that it works just fine and I have a bad karma or whatever.

16. Shinoda's Army on May 24, 2011 at 8:14 am

Thanks to this radio I finally got the title of some songs.

17. nutritionelles on May 24, 2011 at 7:18 am

loving this❤

18. lostsoundwaves on May 24, 2011 at 6:52 am

I would love to hear some post-rock influences in your music, but that’s just my taste in music. I understand post-rock isn’t for everyone, but still, it would be awesome.

19. spraypaintninkpens on May 24, 2011 at 6:50 am

New album( in 3-4 years from now) should sound like Reanimation and less like MTM and ATS.

You’re welcome.

20. linkinsoldiers on May 24, 2011 at 6:27 am

Mike Check it out this video😀

21. adiek84 on May 24, 2011 at 5:31 am

I can’t wait to listen to that, I bet it’s hilarious. It’s great that LP radio isn’t a one time thing and you update it from time to time, especially if you have guests like Jensen Karp.
    I would’ve loved to talk trash about you, it couldn’t be that hard.😄
    Concerning your new album I’m quite sure you manage on your own. Actually I think it would we great if you’d produce it alone. That would be interesting.
    As to no.3: you could kick everyone out of the band and form a new one. Out of nostalgia you could make the kind of music you would’ve made if you still were Linkin Park. That makes perfect sense, doesn’t it?

22. lode1989 on May 24, 2011 at 4:32 am

I think you guys just should make what you guys want to make for next Album. If you make something on command, it’s gonna suck annyway. You have to make something with 100% motivation. You can listen to the fans and maybe you get some influence. Jus tdon’t make another Hybrid Theory 2. Maybe go some harder but try to bring it 100% new again. Annyway, If I can tell you my opinium: Just bring Some DnB into it. But don’t make a DnB Album.

23. melnixofia on May 24, 2011 at 4:03 am

what about updating the tracks played on the radio….? i just can’t stant all those alternative pop songs,but i really curios to listen what news you bringing etc.I don’t wanna be rude or something but i seriously can’t stand pink floyd,coldplay,rolling stones…and similar blablablaz O,O what about deftones? u like deftones no?

24. Claudia B. on May 24, 2011 at 3:09 am

Jensen Karp is one messed up dude. Seriously. Messed up more ways than one.

25. Alina on May 24, 2011 at 2:38 am

http://alinasloboda.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/lp-and-alina/ – Listen tis please please please))
    I’d LOVE to know your point of view…

26. slowlearner32 on May 24, 2011 at 1:31 am

Was LP Radio that old?😛

27. korean6 on May 24, 2011 at 12:53 am

I’m hearing this now, it’s so nice and fun!! I like it!.ㅋㅋㅋ

28. shivani94 on May 24, 2011 at 12:00 am

Alright then,lemme recommend u a person… My brother can fullfill all ur conditions but i m seriously gonna kill him if 1) he talks trash about lp and 2) suggests to kickout sumone from da band.

29. sohail abbasi on May 23, 2011 at 10:52 pm

wtf,last option almost shocked me:@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

30. evooba on May 23, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Haha awesome, I’ll check it out! Can’t wait to ear what new music you played🙂

31. Alexandra Nofi on May 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

*side glance* This is not new…

BTW, you have no IDEA how geeked up Kathy was when she found out you had been asking for her during that LPU chat. You literally brought out the fangirl side of Kathy, a side I didn’t think she had.

You ever call my house at 3 am, I will find you, and I will do the one thing you hate most: Give you a hug ;D

32. kathyxx on May 23, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Oh Gods.

I’m going to hide under the bed. Someone tell me what happens

33. mikejueo on May 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm

That’s AWESOME Mike

34. Braffschein on May 23, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Hell yeah, FINALLY! we were waiting for ages!!
    …”food, glourious food”?? whaaa :DD