Toys: DJ Nu-Mark

June 5, 2011

Had a show last night in Irvine, CA for KROQ.  The Foo Fighters were a “surprise guest,” playing right before us.  It was obviously a challenge playing after those guys, but I think the differences between our approaches–both musically and on stage–served both bands well.  And in spite of some minor technical difficulties with my gear, people loved the show.  I’m looking forward to the show tonight, and seeing all my peeps in the SF area.

Anyway, I saw this online yesterday, and wanted to share.  Check this out:

(shout out to Dante Ross, High Snobiety, and of course, Nu-Mark)

1. thegluelpfan on June 18, 2011 at 5:56 am

That is just wow :D Joe should really try it out :D

2. tommyabella on June 10, 2011 at 3:46 am

My Artwork for Iridescent ! http://ning.it/kPfS9b

3. ololoimle on June 6, 2011 at 2:18 pm

wow :’D

4. Radyo Plexus on June 6, 2011 at 6:40 am

wow that guy is very entertaining! awesome! Take care Mike!

5. amandadgm on June 5, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I really liked the show, ou gave the best despite the problems. Just thought I put the “surprise band, Foo fighters” before Linkin Park was something disrespectful. I love Foo Fighters, but delaying the show for a band is never a good thing.
    This dj is really good. Creative and talented people are lacking in this world! :)

6. thegrandkaidbz on June 5, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Yo Mike check out this awesome song!!

7. Nina Nine on June 5, 2011 at 5:27 pm

So lucky the fans who can watch your performance live. Six years waiting for LP, and when you coming here I was sick… :(
    Any way, I hope you come back soon to Argentina, even sick I won’t miss it the next time! I’ll be waiting for you!
    I hope the fans there enjoy it so much!!

8. boger7lp on June 5, 2011 at 5:09 pm

this is a real dj

learn from the best mainly their performance skills

great video and funny

9. skyzlmt on June 5, 2011 at 3:11 pm

MS Wed is a private reception. I emailed Jensen to see if I can get on the list but haven’t heard back yet. Need a +1? ;) I’m guessing it’ll be Oyakodon! Let me know @sky_z_lmt

10. argol8489 on June 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Test passed …. I love to see you live, good luck tonight and in the next concerts. :)

11. andreas215 on June 5, 2011 at 12:01 pm

No matter how good the surprise band is, Linkin Park will always be better! :)

12. cincybmxlpfreak on June 5, 2011 at 11:34 am

God damn that’s creative!!! That was sick!

13. Alexandra Nofi on June 5, 2011 at 11:19 am

I watched the broadcast on Ustream last night, I really enjoyed it. That Foo Fighters surprise thing just annoyed me, and I thought they were being kind of suggestive with their opinion of ya’ll, but, that’s all I’ll say about that.

In any case, LOVED your performance. I haven’t seen many performances of your ATS songs yet. I thought it was hilarious during Numb when the tech guy just took your microphone away! Ya’ll handled all the tech problems really well. You especially, seemed very peppy, and I’ll be totally honest, it was ADORABLE ;D Well, you and your peppy self enjoy your show tonight!

14. ekzzozo on June 5, 2011 at 11:08 am

Amazing! And I have a request to you and Linkin Park. Can you read this please. It’s about free concert in Moscow. Please, Mike.

Dear Linkin Park, help Russian fans please! We can’t get tickets on concert in Moscow! 19 days left but we haven’t got tickets yet! Stupid Russian radio “NRJ” cheated us! They promise that we will get tickets today on flash mob. But they didn’t give! We really want to go to your concert! Help! Please!

I hope Mike, you’ll read it. Thank you.

- Russian fans

15. yydisco0913 on June 5, 2011 at 10:28 am

Hoping you guys can interact with The Foo Fighters and bring to more awesome music

16. terribletoothache on June 5, 2011 at 10:19 am

:O :O! my two favourite bands playing in the same stage! I bet it was AWESOME, how I’d love to be on a show like thaaat! :O :O

17. evooba on June 5, 2011 at 10:07 am

Watched the concert online. Great one! You guys nailed it :D And then you missed all the fun on twitter. Linkin Park was trending for about 5 hours and we were all tweeting random and cool LP stuff :)

Have fun tonight ;)

18. betty108 on June 5, 2011 at 9:56 am

Of course people loved it! It felt as if I was there. It brought back memories from your show here in January…. Anyways, I liked how you guys went to shake hands with people in the pit after your set was over.
    This is why Linkin Park & One Step Closer were worldwide TTs yesterday in Twitter.

19. egornemykin on June 5, 2011 at 9:45 am

So much fun =)!

Mike, LP’s performing was amazing =). Russian fans waiting for you soooo much!

20. ailinaannbe1988 on June 5, 2011 at 9:25 am

y’all rocked it mike.i love y’all

21. sohail abbasi on June 5, 2011 at 9:24 am

give up is the most freaking awesome song from recent concert

22. cyndi021598 on June 5, 2011 at 9:24 am

DUDE, that’s kinda awesome! Haha classic

23. Claudia B. on June 5, 2011 at 9:21 am

Isn’t it just ironic that your new video got delayed possibly because of FF’s new video?

By the way, you guys were amazing :)