Linkin Park: Live in London

July 22, 2011

Rather than this accidentally coming off as a #humblebrag, I figure I should just tell you straight: I turned on iTunes tonight, and saw a link to our show at the Roundhouse in London.  Sometimes, when we do a show, I feel like it goes smoothly; other times, not so much.  The iTunes show was the former, and I’m glad it’s up online for free, for those of you who are interested.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE SHOW FOR FREE

…and BTW, if you haven’t heard about it yet, if you support Music For Relief HERE, you can get two tickets to a Linkin Park / B’z show at a secret location, to benefit children affected by Japan’s earthquake and tsunami.

1. critterbug on August 12, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Hey Mike, I love the show. I’ve watched it at least 3 times. Thanks so much for the freebie!
    I think that LP is developing in an awsome way. Nobody could have predicted where you’d go, and I like what you’re doing. Artistic growth is the basis for all creativity, and you guys ooze it. Keep up the good work, and I’ll follow you anywhere except to Popdom.
    Thanks so much!

2. ocdpoet on August 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm

This was rockin’ dude… Thanks so much for the share.

I love the old stuff, the new stuff. Given the comment before mine, to each his own of course, but I appreciate When They Come for Me all the more. Love the progression to the music, lyrics… all of it. Can’t wait to hear #5.

3. spraypaintninkpens on August 5, 2011 at 10:25 pm

compared*.

I love how you cannot edit your posts.

4. spraypaintninkpens on August 5, 2011 at 10:24 pm

The new stuff is just plain boring to listen to compare to your older tracks. Ballard after ballard. Wake us(your old fans)when you go back to your roots!

5. thegluelpfan on July 29, 2011 at 6:55 am

It was a great show :) I only saw the live stream,would have loved to be there but…oh well maybe next year :)

6. becrewrox on July 28, 2011 at 2:29 am

Hey Mike! I created the “iridescent” artwork protest against the winner who cheated. You’re also an artist so I assume you wouldn’t like to be treated the way we were. We love you but we feel disgusted. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568665891#!/event.php?eid=236422866376183

7. ristinw on July 24, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Thanks for the link!!! :D I’m going to watch it when I get home! :D

8. hazel1972 on July 24, 2011 at 8:36 am

Why has this show been cut down to half an hour when every other performer still has the full show showing….its utter pants :(

9. boger7lp on July 23, 2011 at 5:26 pm

aaaaaaaaaa
    definitely not the same as before, regardless the style of the music changes

This new concept is not bad but if it had Confucian thus already had established earlier

and the voice of Chester as well and I hope noes someday rediscover

it costs way too reach a high note and shortness of breath is really unfortunate

what you see and hear is not judged and thanks to see the free concert was time to leave aside profits

10. rtakeuti on July 23, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Hi Mike! iTunes Festival was really outstanding! Great setlist, awesome crowd and an incredible sound mixing! I really enjoyed Rolling in the Deep and Fallout-The Catalyst. I can’t watch the iTunes concerts outside the US, so I had to see all in youtube. Congrats and can’t wait for the secret show with B’z!!

11. helazahg on July 23, 2011 at 2:36 pm

You guys probably did the best show at the festival, no other artist performed as well as you guys. I cant believe i wasnt there, I watched the live stream, but i honestly wish i couldve been there in person.

12. cincybmxlpfreak on July 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm

You’re right. That was a slick show. Great job. :)

13. emzlp123 on July 23, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I watched it as it was happening and it was amazing. The Adele cover was outstanding! I still want to know what happened at the beginning when you called Chester over lol
    Brill show!

14. notunafraid on July 23, 2011 at 12:51 pm

The band’s iTunes concert was fantastic, especially with you and Chester – you two were really at the top of your game, vocally.

15. lapkoola on July 23, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Chester’s gone MAD during the Catalyst, it was insanely amazing!
    Indeed Mike, fantastic show.
    Hugs =)

16. joanalp on July 23, 2011 at 12:35 pm

17. pidgeon84 on July 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

My computer won’t support! D: how do I fix it?!

18. Ally on July 23, 2011 at 9:50 am

#humblebrag….-3-….

Thanks though :3.

19. kathyaralp on July 23, 2011 at 9:39 am

Linkin Park is just perfect! And I love it when you do something to help those in need *—*

20. mayank542 on July 23, 2011 at 9:07 am

hey mike
    i am a big fan of urs.ok actully i am planning to hold a battle of band as band and all are not quite popular here but there r good bands here just need an oppurtunity .and i really want to do somthing fr our county in my on way and what better .so i jst wish if u can be the judge in this.as we knw due to ur busy routine u might not come but so i was planning we can have u connected by skype or(i am still serching) and have u there.u knw having u will in spire many ppl to participte as they wont fell it like an other stupid competion .i m jst 19 but really want to help
    i am frm kolkata.and really want to bring a change in the music scene here hope u will respond mayankgarg1@com

21. hazel1972 on July 23, 2011 at 8:07 am

This show was outstanding and is what got me hooked on you guys, no more sorrows actually gave me goosebumps was amazing :)

22. kite919 on July 23, 2011 at 6:32 am

Hey Mike
    I know this may not be the best place to ask questions, but ive been a bandleader for 2 years now and i still stuck with the same question about rehearsals and i could really really use some sort of advice^^ i could open a topic on the LP page but its unlikely that you or one of the bandmembers would see it, so i try it with a comment on your blog :)
    if you read this and are willing to answer my question, you can write me a message on my blog.

thx nd greets “kite”

23. coliinreiid on July 23, 2011 at 5:00 am

Speaking of iTunes. Did you happen to purchase any of the new Apple products this year? Such as the Mac Book Air 2011 version?

24. mikeecem on July 23, 2011 at 2:57 am

hey mike, you made me happy like always. this is an amazing gift for fans :) thank you so much. i’ve already watched but i will watch again and i will watch when i find reason of live

25. millalp94 on July 23, 2011 at 2:52 am

I have the dsp from this concert !:D:D:D

26. Shinoda's Army on July 23, 2011 at 2:42 am

Cool thank you

27. ama12345 on July 23, 2011 at 2:10 am

u r the gr8est!i watched it and it was awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome!listening to ur music is worth than meditating.it really calms down my mind!one day i really want to b in one of ur shows.bt im afraid.coz im not tall(5’2).and i will not b able to see u guyzzz,and lm living in an asian country which u r not coming 4 shows!bt after finishing my degree i may get a chance and i’ll try my best to b in the front line of the audiance!good luck mike&lp

28. anvanoppens on July 23, 2011 at 12:57 am

Great Mike! :)

29. katuskaporumb on July 23, 2011 at 12:08 am

THANK YOU SO MUTCH!!!!

30. Nina Nine on July 23, 2011 at 12:07 am

..awesome, your live shows are the best.. I really want to support music for relief, but i have no job, so i can’t do it.. :(

31. jershalp on July 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Awesome :-)
    I have already seen the show n its kickass !!!

32. dcl1982 on July 22, 2011 at 11:10 pm

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! I can’t emphasize enough how wonderful “Rolling in the Deep” was. Listening to you rap and command the stage like you do? I WON’T even go there! And, yeah, you’re a little cutie…

33. evooba on July 22, 2011 at 10:58 pm

I loved the show…didn’t manage to be there but definitely rocked out while watching it via iTunes.

As for the secret show, good luck with raising the money :) I hear you have a lot already!

34. sweetpet66 on July 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm

great show BUT: for the first couple of days the whole (+/-) show was online, now its “only” 30 mins… :(

35. BSBCANDY93 on July 22, 2011 at 9:42 pm

i loved tha show, it was pure perfection… y’all killed it like no other….

btw… trying to spread tha word best i can about y’all s secret show …what y’all do is so mind blowin’. to me y’all truly understand tha power music has on this world
    …much love and respect…

36. marialoveslinkinpark on July 22, 2011 at 9:15 pm

58 apps need to be updated xD that would probably take forever to update because I have 25 that need to be updated and I tried to update them but my laptop got so slow I turned it off, but then again my laptop is always slow. T.T Awesome show btw (:
    You should make an update for 8-bit Rebellion :D

37. betty108 on July 22, 2011 at 9:15 pm

You should’ve made this whole post a humble brag, it would’ve been funnier and you would’ve definitely made it into @Humblebrag’s list for August.
    Anyways, I loved the show so it’s pointless to say that I’m glad it’s available for us to watch. :-)
    I might’ve LedOL a bit at the sight of Jersey Shore next to a Linkin Park ad, BTW.

38. autumnoh12 on July 22, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Thank you for reading the comments on here! And possibly twitter, if you were paying attention to that also! I hope nothing bad comes of that:/

But that iTunes performance was GREAT! I loved Rolling in the Deep. Better than the original! (;

39. lpfmfan on July 22, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Glad you read the comments, Mike. lol. And fast!

Btw EXCELLENT show at London! I wasn’t there in person but I was rocking out in my room watching it on my macbook, haha. :]

40. guuuro on July 22, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Great show! :) I panicked when I saw my computer didn’t supported the live stream, but luckily I could borrow my dad’s iPhone :) I like to think it was my 3rd show in 2 1/2 weeks, even though it wasn’t ;)

Have you heard about what happened in Oslo and at Utøya, Norway, yesterday? It was pretty scary, even though I’m 1 hour away from both places. A girl I know was shot, but she’s in the hospital with serious injuries now. They think the man has killed 80 people at Utøya. Incredible :S

41. adiek84 on July 22, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hi Mike, I really love the itunes show. I’m glad it’s available for free! :-D

42. kelly jean on July 22, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Great to know you really do read comments :) would love to buy the MSG show om DVD or iTunes. hear anything about that? I’m in it a few times haha

43. kelly jean on July 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm

hahahaha love it

44. sodhipop on July 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I said this as soon as I finished watching the live stream, but I’ll say it again.

The iTunes festival show was, in my opinion, your best show since the release of Minutes To Midnight.

45. argol8489 on July 22, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I was also surprised to see this picture. The best online show they have had.

46. autumnoh12 on July 22, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Update your apps man :P

47. thepixelpod on July 22, 2011 at 8:09 pm

hey mike i really enjoy the show!
    i saw it via Itunes n was cool that the show is in Itunes!
    allready download it ;)

BTW: i love so much the scream that chester did in The Catalyst! at the middle of the song!
    was like D: WOW awessomeness