Secret Show For Japan’s Success

August 20, 2011

Thanks to your efforts, the fundraising for Japan has been an overwhelming success.  Using the tools at http://secretshowforjapan.com/, you guys have raised a ton of funds for the people of Japan (funds are still being raised, a total dollar amount is forthcoming).

Our show will be at The Mayan in Los Angeles, with B’z, August 31st.  It’s been years since we’ve played a venue of this intimate size in LA, and we’re excited to see you there.

Proceeds go to Save The Children, for child protection, psychosocial support, and recovery.

1. joesfan007 on August 27, 2011 at 2:52 pm

AHHH MIKE !! the nyan cat!! my cousins played this like a thousand times in the last ten years just to drive me crazy!! thank you for refreshing this bad memory…and earworm ;P

2. Radyo Plexus on August 24, 2011 at 8:56 am

That would be a great show!

3. danlp on August 24, 2011 at 12:20 am

LPdesigner: I only see chester being called girl, it’s equally unnerving. they’re everywhere. I wanted to leave LP but I prefer leaving internet or read only on LP.com. you should do that too, it’s gonna make you sick otherwise.

4. cleopatrashinoda on August 23, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I love you I love you I love you… Who’s Kim Kardashian’s husband? :)

5. cleopatrashinoda on August 23, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Courtney Love’s soulmate is really cool. She was undeserving of the munipulation of her soul in this life time. Her husband looks just like Kurt. Mike, I love you. I miss you. Even though we talk all the time… I can’t wait to see you. Plato is my bestest friend, and Britney is going to be happy to have her beautiful husband back. Alicia Keys husband is so sweet. I love Jayson’s wife, Nicole… Tell Anna her husband’s name is Jason Budd. Miiiiiiiiiikie, little Kurt (Austin) loves you… I want to cry with Otis (Brandon)… I gave Benji Madden a napkin 13 years ago in the name of religion, after he was mean to me, and he used me to gain fame. May the ties that bind be broken. Love, Tabi

6. kingshinoda on August 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

to that guy who wrote a post about those people, I have your same problem. that’s why I don’t trust fansites and just read Mike’s posts here, few other things in a good serious site too. I can send you the link if you want it’s good. they aren’t many, just few ill people, Linkin Park fans are cool, not ill. just despise them for being so disrespectful.”fans”

7. thegluelpfan on August 23, 2011 at 6:01 am

Once again job well done…and let me say that I am very happy for one of my friends Howie who I think is in the top 3 fundraisers :) Oh and thank you for doing the lpu chat/iheart radio thing and thank you for talking to me,even for a few moments :) Thanks from Madlen from Bulgaria :)

8. Nina Nine on August 23, 2011 at 5:30 am

Congrats guys! This awesome what you do, because we all forgot fast that this people are waiting for relief.
    And when we at my city was needed help, so many people on the world helped us (ask on google “inundacion santa fe 2003 pictures) and you could see that we don’t happened good, but we are fine now. I really wish could help, but I have no work now. I’m sorry.
    I wish you all the luck on your show.
    Love you guys! <3

9. lpdesigner on August 23, 2011 at 3:44 am

I didn’t know how to inform you of this, but I think it’s better writing it here, this is enough. I’m an european man, 26 years old, and I follow LP for being the cool men that made me create my style (I’m a shirt designer). This is not the point though. There is a limit to everything, and I think your fans (girls) have crossed it. There is some people such as a certain Pinky (I hear of people complaining a lot about her and now I know why) who use to call you “Chester’s bitch”, “girly” and such disgusting stuff, they write stories and draw a lot of these things. Everytime I search about LP, there’s some fan of this stuff. It bothers us. Sincerely, an angry fan of the many.

10. thepixelpod on August 22, 2011 at 9:32 am

good :3!

11. javilinkinpark on August 22, 2011 at 6:50 am

12. nikkiann0100 on August 22, 2011 at 4:35 am

Congrats on exceeding the goal. It was a great project. I’m excited to see the show!

13. iamorzing on August 22, 2011 at 4:06 am

no Nyan Cat this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/

14. shivani94 on August 21, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Well done and congrats! :D

15. ristinw on August 21, 2011 at 9:02 pm

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DqDHbXKzkI&w=560&h=345%5D

Did you guys see this? Linkin Park in a game world.

16. chocoinspire on August 21, 2011 at 9:00 pm

You did a great job, congratulations on the successful completion :) I want to attent the show, but because of the enormous distance I can’t do it: (
    You are the best team, are pleased that you have a “feedback” from the fans. I wish you good luck, see you someday;)

17. jagta on August 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Awwwwww!!! How I wish I could attend!!! HUHU!!! Too bad I’m on the other side of the world! :-(.

Well congrats anyway, hope you’ll continue doing that in years to come God Bless Ya’ll. Take care!

18. jershalp on August 21, 2011 at 9:39 am

It was a very smart idea.. Glad it turned out to be a success :)
    Of course i can’t attend the show as i’m half way across the world but i did donate ;)
    Have fun at the show !!

19. Claudia B. on August 21, 2011 at 7:40 am

Congratulations Mike! I couldn’t really attend the show even if I did raise 500 $, but this idea was really amazing. I’m happy for everything that MFR has done :) Keep up the great work.

And poor Brad at the LPU chat. You stole his spotlight :D

20. coliinreiid on August 21, 2011 at 6:02 am

Congrats guys

21. serenax87 on August 21, 2011 at 1:50 am

it’s not just about raising the funds… it’s about what we all can do in order to prevent such things and perhaps that the time has come to stop using the atomic energy..

22. brysislupin on August 21, 2011 at 1:04 am

God bless you all. I wish I could go!

23. lpmoonshine on August 20, 2011 at 11:52 pm

God bless u Mike!u are at the top of the heavens!mahshid

24. dcl1982 on August 20, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Awesome, Mike! Looking forward to hearing how the show is recieved!

25. Ashikin on August 20, 2011 at 3:10 pm

YEay!!

All the best guys!!!
    ^____^

26. burningjavhy on August 20, 2011 at 1:12 pm

this is of the best

27. cherrybubble89 on August 20, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Good job Fans! Well done :)

PS: Thanks for making the world a better place, Linkin Park <3

28. Gt on August 20, 2011 at 12:09 pm

You guys have the biggest hearts in the music industry! You are creative in your charitable efforts and are constantly giving your fans fun ways to be involved with both the band and MFR!

You inspire me to do all that I can in my own part of the world to help make a difference for those in need. Your charitable spirit, hard work, and constant determination to reach out to others is profound!

You guys are amazing – THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!!!

29. Shinoda's Army on August 20, 2011 at 11:53 am

Congratulations Mike for showing the world that helping others is possible. Could you please tell us some news about a possible future tour in Europe, 2012? I’m saving money to see you before I can’t move anymore. Please do a summit in Europe on summer, we love you

30. emzlp123 on August 20, 2011 at 11:52 am

Well done!
    Im so proud of every LP fan who donated and of course … I proud of LP for creating MFR and for all the brilliant things you guys have done!

Keep up the good work Linkin Park and Fans!!

p.s. Mike thanks for the LPU chat, it was amazing! It was my first and I couldn’t have had a bigger smile on my face.
    It was the best night of my life so far!
    Thank you!

31. adiek84 on August 20, 2011 at 11:50 am

In think this whole project just couldn’t have failed. The way it combined social networking with the challenge of raising enough money to get one of the great prizes is just brilliant. The total number is pretty close to 300,000 Dollars which is really awesome.
    In other news, I’ve read an article about that 12-year old boy who wrote a song to benefit the victims of the tornado in Joplin. You can download it on Goodsongforjoplin.com and the proceeds are donated to MFR. Great project!

32. anvanoppens on August 20, 2011 at 11:49 am

Although I can’t attend (I’m European), I really liked the idea of you guys doing something like that. You’re showing you care, which makes a great example for all the fans and people who are interested in helping out as well! Myself I really love helping our on behalf of MFR. I’ve volunteered at one of your shows this summer and I’m very interested in doing more in the future! As long as spreading enough (not spam) we really can make a difference.
    Also it means a lot to us fans that you guys stay involved very much within the LP/LPU community. A beautiful example was the unexpected chat/broadcast you did yesterday. Doing the phonecalls was just amazing of you! Thank you!
    An (Belgium)

33. evooba on August 20, 2011 at 11:48 am

Amazing news! I heard the goal was raising 250.000$ but we’ve already passed the 270.00$! :D That’s awesome. I love what you guys do with Music For Relief and I’m a proud supporter. Keep up the great work! :)

PS. Epic chat yesterday…you should do it again sometime ;)

34. kathyxx on August 20, 2011 at 11:44 am

Thanks for your continued care about the world’s matters, Mike. You’ve truly outdone yourself. Congrats to the people who raised enough money, too. I hope you all have fun at the secret show.

And many thanks for last afternoon’s LPU chat. You should give pointers to the other band members on how to do a chat. Brad seemed a little lost XD. Actually, it appears that all you need to do is put a camera in the corner of a room and wave to it now and then and people will be happy to see you XD

35. howsah on August 20, 2011 at 11:38 am

Hey Mike! I am so happy to be a part of this and am still amazed at all of the efforts you, LP and MFR are making to help improve the lives of people around the world, especially those affected by natural disasters. Also wanted to thank you for last night’s LPU chat. It will go down in history as the best chat there will ever be – it’ll be hard to top and since I didn’t get to go to any summits, made LPUX completely worth it. So THANK YOU, Mike!

See you in Vegas AND at Secret Show (with about 9 or so friends from the tickets I’ll be getting!) !!

PS – Hi Rossi!!

36. therosko on August 20, 2011 at 11:32 am

You are the best guys! Keep up the good work! I am happy to know so many people, who are donating to MFR and to even know one of the top fundraisers!
    Rossi from Bulgaria :D