The VMA’s Got In A Drunken Brawl At My House

August 29, 2011

Back in high school, my close group of friends was pretty tight–maybe about 5 of us.  But my looser group was a lot bigger, maybe about 25 guys.  Whenever there was a party or something interesting going on, we would all call or page each other and make sure everyone would know about it, and usually roll together.  There were lots of benefits to the bigger group: some of the guys had a way to get liquor for all of us, some didn’t really drink and could be the drivers, and there were a lot of us in the case someone got in a fight or whatever.

But there was a drawback to the big group: there were always one or two jackasses.  Maybe they weren’t jackasses all the time, but once they had a few drinks, they inevitably ended up showing their true colors, embarrassing themselves and some of us in the meantime.  And the next day at school, everyone was talking about them.

Yesterday, I didn’t watch the VMAs (again).  I wasn’t avoiding it, I was hanging out with some friends, and forgot to tune in.  But avoiding the show is nearly impossible.  Because, like my high school friends, people can’t help but talk about the jackasses:

@itsthereal: “Whoever said the VMAs were broke? Cause it always seems fixed.”

@phoenixlp: “#VMAconclusion: not everyone has mastered what “amazing” and “incredible” mean.”

@joncaramanica: “choreography by Criss Angel”

@PigsAndPlans: “Ugh, Wayne. What are you doing with your life?”

@iancr: “I wish I could dig wayne but I’m too old and have loved hip hop for way too long. I tried. Hard.”

@JensenClan88: “That was like if I smashed my Guitar Hero guitar after I scored a 32% on Easy #VMAs”

and my favorite:

@brokemogul “you look stupid”

By now, most of us have heard about Adam Levine’s tweet (“the VMA’s. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I’m drawing a line in the sand. fuck you VMA’s.”)  All respect due, but c’mon dude.  MTV isn’t really pretending at all.  They (the flagship channel at least) haven’t been pretending to be about music for a long time, and the VMA’s have really never been about giving awards away for real musicianship, talent, and songs.  They’re just the big drunk trainwreck at the party: you can’t believe what you’re watching, and love to talk about it when it’s over.

1. immalpfan on September 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm

We don’t care about who won anyway, we like ur music, we listen(: we do not like it, we do not listen. Simple as that, MTV should just get lost.other artists may have won, but u have won our hearts(: LP,FM FTW!

2. rockyygemm112 on September 3, 2011 at 5:41 am

We don’t really care who won which award. That’s just a superficial thing. The important thing is, you guys won my heart (and the other fans’ hearts as well). LP the best!!!!!!!! *22 days left till i see you guys for the first time @SG’s Padang stage muaahaahahahaha <3

3. ultraviolet1985 on September 2, 2011 at 9:21 am

OK, this is the first time I ever comment here XD.
    I haven’t seen the VMA’s since I was a teenager… that’s 10 years. Wow.
    They just got boring (to me).
    About drunk guys, there’s always one or two to spoil things. Nevermind.
    BTW, I liked you way more when you were a tiny bit plump and had your hair not so short ^^ (just a superficial thing).
    You’re such a creative guy, you keep amazing me with how you changed your voice rythm from rap to this melodies like in “Waiting For The End”, and how the band has changed and everyone in the band colaborates for the making of videos and art and things.

Missed you at the concert last year =(.

Greetings from Argentina!

4. cherrybubble89 on September 2, 2011 at 8:31 am

Word. Did not watch it. Don’t like it either. But like you said, avoiding it is almost impossible. The news were full of this boring sh.. !

PS: Mister Lady Gaga looks even more disgusting dressed up as a “dude”… ewwwwww.

5. nhily131 on September 2, 2011 at 3:31 am

hahaha, VMA and the big drunk trainwreck,what a kool comparison =)))

6. helazahg on September 1, 2011 at 2:58 pm

lol, i dont even have MTV. hehehe. my parents refuse to get pay TV… atleast i get topgear?

7. anquala on August 31, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I watched the VMA and I stupidly spent time. I waited for the reward you get. Irritates me all this pathos and the circus that every year, arrange for VMA. This is not serious. And I do not understand people who they voted for example, Lady Gaga Pops … .. Pops … Are people “blind” and does not see good music? In general, guys, it does not matter whether you have received this award or not.We, the fans of your creativity, very proud of you and your success. Thank you for your wonderful music! And success in the future!(Sorry for the clumsy English);)

8. devioustrouble on August 31, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Amen, Mike. And you didn’t miss much, it was actually boring this year and I think a friend of mine summed it up best on Facebook for those who didn’t catch them: “Miss the VMA’s? I got you covered. Lady Gaga came as a man, Nicki Minaj came as Lady Gaga, and Jay-Z came in Beyonce…”

9. thegluelpfan on August 31, 2011 at 3:26 pm

I’ve given up on MTV and the VMAs long time ago.This is not a music tv station,it’s a reality tv now let’s face it.They really should change the name though because they’re only misleading people that there’s some music playing on there.As for the VMAs I’m sick of all the good nominations losing…so thanks but no thanks I don’t think I’ll watch the VMAs again.

10. crazyamma on August 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I didn’t watch it. And I don’t even really talk about it.

11. zahralp on August 31, 2011 at 5:50 am

sad, sad, sad,the world has become…whats with mtv!?ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

12. Misi on August 30, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I really miss old MTV. Other then catching live performances I want to see I think the last time I remember watching MTV was when, ironically enough, the points of authority reanimation video debuted. There is just something special about seeing bands you enjoy on a real television. Stuff like that is almost a relic now with youtube and what not. I wish MTV would realize that and take advantage of the opportunity. As for the VMAs, they’ve been broke for a long time. Mainly for reasons mentioned, watching good bands lose is a turn off. Not to say other bands deserve to lose, but it gets old fast.

13. msgirl16 on August 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

dont u know that 90 percent of the people in this world are jackasses?just take a look at the billboard hot 100 and mtv video music awards…and top songs are all trashes..no meaning…they r all dedicated to fools…when u become more mature singing songs on politics,global issues you r choosing the 10 percent of the people left who care about vital things in life…so just deal with it…:)dont care about mtv music awards because you have chosen this way in the end…:D (sorry if i have mistakes my english isnt super good)

14. shivani94 on August 30, 2011 at 7:30 pm

…Hehehehe! Forget the VMA’s man… Each and every supporter u have is an award and we’ll always b there to hear to LINKIN PARK… Well sumthing’s goin wrong down there!!

15. clbreeze on August 30, 2011 at 3:05 pm

At least I have a lot fun!

16. vickykun on August 30, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Wow! someone got really mad in here O.O Chill Buddy
    ( I´m not talking about Mike)

p.s: Mikey you forgot to tell that you didn´t watch the VMAs last night because you were too busy fangirling on my pictures haha
    #NOT

17. colinreid on August 30, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I really like the Nike Air Yeezy IIs that Kanye was wearing! Can’t wait to purchase those!

18. Radyo Plexus on August 30, 2011 at 11:46 am

all I can say is: hahahahahaha…

19. h4321 on August 30, 2011 at 11:40 am

As for the crazy that commented below about Chester – wtf is wrong with you. If you truly know these guys then talk to them in person and say your piece, otherwise take yr yellow pills and shut the &*(%$ up….

20. h4321 on August 30, 2011 at 11:39 am

Back to your high school reference – the vmas are like the homecoming dance and we all need to know who was crowned king and queen and then talk about who slept with who to get there and who the jackass was that toiled papered the school – but its only news until the next big game.
    Fans of LP and dedicated fans of any singer/band do not give a %^% if you win a VMA or any other award… that doesn’t influence whether or not we will listen to your music. Keep writing what you feel, playing who you are, from hybrid to thousand suns – tones have changed – but the genuine belief and passion in your music has not – and THAT is what is what we watch and listen for.

21. h4321 on August 30, 2011 at 11:38 am

All of the award shows are a popularity contest for the audience they are attempting to win over at the time… love struck teenagers and teen bop-pop rock girls spend a lot of money and have a lot of influence over the poor schmucks who are dating them… so if you’re trying to make money then you don’t look at what is truly the best you look at what will get you your money and sell your merchandise

22. h4321 on August 30, 2011 at 11:35 am

If you or any artist started writing to try to win an award then you may as well page your buddies to buy that keg and go play your music at your drunken brawls. As you know Music is a way to express yourself and the sincerity and passion with which you play is what makes it great. Id rather listen to a song (or 30 songs ) about a boy on a red bike sung with passion then a song that was written to get attention for an award show.

23. cleopatrashinoda on August 30, 2011 at 5:56 am

Ya know I love you, hunnie. I’m sorry, I just snapped. I could never fight with YOU, but for YOU. You know I’m crazy, and no Klingon copycat (I now realize) could ever replicate the things we have been through… I try to step back because Benji Madden said he was a Christian and he was going to have a Christian rock band, and I gave him a napkin that was what we needed to finally break communication and I got super cursed cuz he’s another one that’s not a saint. One day, we will sit back, and be happy happy happy. For like a minute until we need to be happier… *Bows* I’m not crazy, okay!!! It’s been a long nap. :) Everybody tells me all the time I’m sleep. Sorry I am slow.

24. cleopatrashinoda on August 30, 2011 at 5:41 am

Oh, and leave the Chinese friend of ours alone. I hate calling him Joe… WTF???!!!!! I do like getting the good news that China isn’t tolerating rude sexual deviance. I want to walk across the map and sleep in the middle of China. I’d be like, Tabi the Giant and Woody Allen could grow me some broccoli. That was his entire purpose in life, but apparently he was smoking weed with Jay-Z and he missed it. Now he can peck his way to a nice gravestone with his greasy dockers halfway up his ass with Chester Bennington biting at his wedgie. That’s how he thinks he gets Asian culture!!! Chester, stay out of Mike’s honor. All the way, buddy. Otherwise, you get important. My honor dost say…

25. cleopatrashinoda on August 30, 2011 at 5:17 am

Hehe. Damages. Werd to Edison. :D

26. cleopatrashinoda on August 30, 2011 at 4:56 am

I don’t want any freak nasty wierd white people to possess your honor my love- but I miss you, and no matter where you are, I know you are a heartbeat away. I hate Chester’s style, the Nazi butt pirate he is… One day hopefully soon we will get our honor back. I’m so many different people like you are and like you know me to be. Tell Chester to stop trying to be a saint. We all know he is a piece of trash who dug a little too deep in his children’s honors when he was broke, and if I was Talinda, I would be holding my breath every time Chester was alone with my children. Can we get rid of the religion molesting phoney prophet who begs for the shiniest doughnut? Ah Ah Ahhh!!! Filthy.

27. 1oo71 on August 30, 2011 at 3:32 am

In all fairness, they’re music *video* awards, so I wouldn’t expect it to be about the music. If a great musician had a black screen as their video, and a singing sheep had a video with amazing cinematography, a narrative to die for, and content that would be parodied for centuries, the sheep should win.

Anyway, doesn’t the public vote?

I think talent and musicianship is subjective. I think Hybrid Theory is genius, but when I put it on, my sister was like, “What is this? :/ ” IMO, pop is clever, and I think to put any genre or artist down is to say “My art is better than your art”. It’s all art. There’s no wrong or right, only popular or not.

28. 26pj on August 30, 2011 at 3:10 am

Uuhuuh……. Looks like Mr.Shinoda is really very angry, but honestly it’s not about pop or rock music, whichever genre it belongs to, it’s about good quality music, that’s what matters the most. All the people who are ruling current music charts are worse than Trash.
    I don’t listen to anything contemporary, just few exceptions here and there.
    Really sad to see that music is in such dire state of being.

Mr. Shinoda please do keep posting your thoughts on varied subject matters, not necessarily it has be music or art related, cause I really like reading your writings (long ones).
    Thanks.

29. splatsomething on August 30, 2011 at 1:11 am

Hahaha!! I had a high school flashback when I read “page each other” . The good ol archaic days of the 90′s. Good times, good times! 07734

30. nutritionelles on August 30, 2011 at 12:51 am

Funny story, a few months ago I was visiting the usa with my family. When we we’re in Los Angeles (<3) while we we're shoping 3 persons came to me with a camera and asked if they could ask me some questions for MTV's VMAs and I said yes. They asked who in my opinion was the best music video director and what is my favorite music video. I said joe hahn of linkin park for sure and the catalyst, and then I had to explain why. This doesn't really have anything to do with the subject but this just popped to my mind.

31. Michael Gonzalez on August 29, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Illegal drinking in high school? Tisk tisk tisk LOL

32. Nina Nine on August 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I watched the VMAs, I really don’t know why. I was enjoying more the tweets of Jensen, that the VMAs. I have no problem with the pop music, but MTV it’s coming a pop music channel, more that I like. I said in twitter, I WANT IN THE 2012 VMAS A RECONIGTION FOR LINKIN PARK, BECAUSE YOU WORTH.

33. Braffschein on August 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm

First of all, I love how metaphorical this post is. Just really amazed.
    I really wonder who are all those people who voted for those “stars”. I had no doubt Bieber is gonna win. Just…where all those “beliebers” (makes me wanna throw up) live? I’ve never seen one in my whole life, travelled enough though!
    To be honest, I felt a bit offended when I saw the list of the nomenees. Katy Perry and Kanye West against Linkin Park. What are these names doing written next to each other in one list?

MTV should change the first letter. PopTV.

34. boger7lp on August 29, 2011 at 6:28 pm

MTV always been a party and a channel for music the masses and are only for fashion and popularidadun

drunk always says what they believed to be true and not far away from reality

35. argol8489 on August 29, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I love your comparisons with real experiences. If you write a book someday, sure I buy it. :)

36. nillp on August 29, 2011 at 4:05 pm

VMA NEEDS MUSICIANS.. NOT ONLY WHAT’S ON TREND!!!

#VMAconclusion: a world where @linkinpark loses to katy perry can’t be taken seriously; even more in a MUSIC awards.

37. kim7huang on August 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

exactly

38. icecold25 on August 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I forgot completely. My exams took my time and I am now like getting out from my cave!! thank god!!!

39. Corey on August 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Nail on the head. Most award shows are heading in that direction too, which is sad.
    True talent is only honored by true fans.

40. saltwatersins on August 29, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I watched last year for two reasons:
    1.) LP playing The Catalyst
    2.) Kanye vs. Taylor Round 2 anticipation. Apparently they agreed to keep it a musical battle, which I would have to say Kanye won.

This year, I had a few reasons not to watch:
    Foo Fighters were the only group I had much interest in (granted, I didn’t read the entire nominees list, the rock noms disappointed me too much to continue)

Jersey Shore characters.

Lil Wayne deterring me from modern hip hop/rap more and more with each word he slurs out.

And finally, just no faith in MTV to produce an awards show without some staged drama that they will use to gain ratings. Adam Levine said it all too well for me.

41. gustina05 on August 29, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago.. yesterday I really tried to avoid the show, but with all the comments on facebook and twitter it was hard to do it… I feel the same way about this ..what can we do… it happens all the time
    I love this stuff…you guys always say what Im thinking or I dont know how to say one way or another

42. Hoffz on August 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I’m agree with all the people here…

43. Hoffz on August 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I’m agree with EMZLP123,
    I’m agree with Adam Levine & with this post of course.
    Well Said. Mike for us, you guys won the awards!!!

44. asseda on August 29, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I didn’t watch it too.
    I had fun with friends, too.
    And i don’t care of their awards too much cuz i know what real music is. And MTV forgot about it long time ago… Sad but true.

45. mellowdrips on August 29, 2011 at 2:14 pm

46. emzlp123 on August 29, 2011 at 1:57 pm

It doesn’t matter that you guys didn’t win cause all the fans know that all LP vids are a work of art.
    Hahn is a visionary and you guys are rock gods!
    lol
    peace!

47. vickykun on August 29, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Very well said as usual. You got the right point!
    I mean, if VMA was about real talent,etc and not about pop culture (I meant what´s pop and what´s not)then we could complain about it, but it´s not.

Kiss Kiss

48. lorenalp on August 29, 2011 at 1:32 pm

great post Mike!

49. curlylp on August 29, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I couldn’t say better. I only hope someday we can see real musicians winning real awards. I’d be very happy to see that.

50. jinnofficial on August 29, 2011 at 1:16 pm

dude, this is so freakin true!

51. lpglennlp on August 29, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Well said Mike. Personally i find it pretty stupid that they can still call themselves Music Television. All they do is air crappy reality shows all the time, but once a year they decide to hand out awards to the most undeserving “artists/musicians” that are for some reason very popular. They need to go back to the days when the real music got awards. Personally i think the only artists out there that are even worth an award are Eminem, Chilli Peppers, Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Dre…. and of course Linkin Park (a few more). MTV need to wake up and realise that

52. nutritionelles on August 29, 2011 at 12:53 pm

I’ve never really thought about it like that, but seems true. I don’t really watch tv that much or follow many people on twitter, so I hardly ever hear about celebrity news and MTV stuff. They do theirs stuff and I do my own.

53. jershalp on August 29, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Oh my gosh….. You took the words right from my mouth Mike !!!!!!
    You’re just awesome !!

54. therosko on August 29, 2011 at 12:44 pm

It seems like An was pretty bored o.O
    anyway… Mike, to be honest I didn’t think that exactly you are going to pay so much attention on those things.. Well, you guys are great and we all know it… The jackasses have always been those who we should pretty much ignore , so just don’t pay so much attention. Me personally, I didn’t even bother to watch the VMA’s, but as I read all the comments on Twitter in the morning, all I could do is laugh and be happy that I didn’t miss anything, except for Adele’s performance and… well, I think that’s all. =)
    Rossi from Bulgaria ;)

55. dcl1982 on August 29, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Aside from the mostly bullshit show the MTV VMA’s have become, there are also fifty million commercial breaks! I don’t how fair it is to entirely blame the show when it comes to the winners though. Award shows have no control over mostly untalented pop artists… They just reflect what’s popular these days.

56. evooba on August 29, 2011 at 11:31 am

You couldn’t have said it better! It’s true that nowadays a few people actually do pay attention to the talent, the meaning behind a song and the music itself. And it’s not just MTV…Music has started to become so mainstream that almost everyone follows a certain artist just ’cause everyone else does or ’cause he/she sells. People seriously need to reconsider what’s the real thing and eventually some day, those awards will be worth and mean something.

57. nomoreglamour on August 29, 2011 at 11:30 am

There was foo fighters, adele, lil wayne and many more talented guys. I wouldnt dare to say like “fuck you” to the show who respect these musicians. Being famous doesnt mean that you suck.

58. Alexandra Nofi on August 29, 2011 at 11:24 am

I purposely avoid stupid award shows like the VMA’s in the event that maybe, just maybe, my hate for the ridiculousness of the show will spread to others and inspire them to hate it too, and then the lack of ratings will make the award show crash and burn, as it should.

I totally get the point Mr. Levine is making, but, the VMA’s =/= Music. If Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga get awards, it’s a clear sign right there that MTV doesn’t give a rat’s behind about music anymore.

BTW, shame on you for making it sound like you had an awesome drunken brawl at your house and had juicy details about the event and photos showing your battle scars. You punky punk!!!

59. thepixelpod on August 29, 2011 at 11:21 am

HA! u right..
    idk why they put kim kardashi* in the VMA…

60. Gt on August 29, 2011 at 11:13 am

I am annoyed by the circus it has become. The show had its moments: Adele, Kanye and Jay-Z, and Young the Giant were great, and congratulations to the Foo Fighters! Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and now Kreayshawn take away from the music element by placing so much emphasis on the “show” aspect of their appearances. It is a music show, so I was disappointed with Chris Brown’s purely dance performance, and why does MTV insist on broadcasting performances that have to be almost entirely censored (Lil Wayne). This is my biggest annoyance. If we’ve stayed up that late to watch it, it doesn’t need to be censored. Bring back the MUSIC, and leave the “show” up to Hollywood!

61. michelletodorovic on August 29, 2011 at 10:42 am

You are talking out of my soul. Thank you.
    If we would have voted much more for Linkin Park, then it could be that MTV had realized what REAL music is.
    They’ve lost their way and the winners are always the same (Lady Gaga and so on, you know?)
    VMA’s are crap….

62. katuskaporumb on August 29, 2011 at 10:42 am

So … doing so he watches VMA … :o)))

63. kristinabe on August 29, 2011 at 10:38 am

Lol

64. nettie21 on August 29, 2011 at 10:26 am

I must agree with JOANNEHELIX… For us you are the winners, guys! Waiting for the end is just great, it was a really good idea!
    Love-
    N.

65. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 10:20 am

S*** Mike we should’ve done our best with voting even more! (ok sorry seriously last one now xp)

66. mikeecem on August 29, 2011 at 10:18 am

You’re right like always. Mtv is not supporting real artists now. It is sorrowful. I’m so sorry about MTV didnt give your awards. Maybe you wont win a award this year but remember and NO forget Mike; You and Linkin Park are our heart’s king and we love you until we die. Other artists havent awesome fans like Linkin Park’s fans…
    LOVES

67. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 10:14 am

OK sorry for spamming on your blog xp (this is last comment, seriously, I think..)

68. pnkik on August 29, 2011 at 10:10 am

69. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 10:09 am

Adele has a great voice BTW, I’m just more into Chester’s :)

70. adiek84 on August 29, 2011 at 10:07 am

Haha, this is so true! The morning after (as I’m in Germany, the show is at 2am) I just watch the performances on YouTube and that’s it. The winners are always the same, so I don’t really care about it most times(nice surprise: Tyler, The Creator getting the “Breakthrough Artist” VMA for “Yonkers”). I’m always surprised that people are so upset when their artists don’t win anything. No one remembers that anyway, it’s all about pregnancy announcements, weird outfits and artists acting like idiots (*cough* Kanye *cough*). I only enjoy the performances, but fortunately I don’t have to watch the whole show for those.

71. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 10:07 am

I miss the days when I started to watch MTV non-stop just for the music videos and then happen to find out about you guys. I never forget that morning at my grandparents’ house where I watched this amazing band’s Crawling, impressed by the moment I saw it. I was like 10yrs old by that time… :) Now, still hooked by your music.

72. derekoswald on August 29, 2011 at 10:05 am

I stopped watching the VMAs/Grammys when artists like Lil’ Wayne were winning awards, and bands like yours weren’t even getting nominated for anything. The music industry right now is embarrassing, and I’m praying for some type of musical renaissance to happen because I really wouldn’t want to have my kids hear the shit that passed as “music” back when I was their age. It’s depressing. -LPADerek

73. JoanaLP on August 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

Hi Mike
    really enjoyed this post, was quite sincere, and I like it:)
    Linkin Park forever <3
    LY Mike<3

74. Claudia B. on August 29, 2011 at 10:02 am

Well back in the day Maroon 5 was pretty big and was shown on MTV pretty often. More often than nowadays. And I don’t really remember him getting any awards for while. I bet if he was nominated, he wouldn’t have said it. The VMA’s probably were a big pile of crap even before, but I just don’t remember – because I simply don’t care, I’ve given up on such ceremonies from long.

I am happy for Adele though, she won some awards :)

P.S. Yeah, everyone has those one or two (or more) jackasses in their friend group.

75. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 10:00 am

And you’re right about real musicianship… c’mon, Bieber… -__-

76. kathyxx on August 29, 2011 at 9:58 am

I was just about to tweet to my friends to stop tweeting about the VMAs, and I can’t now cause you posted this right before me :p

A long time ago I used to keep an extra VHS tape around to tape whenever you guys came on MTV2. They did 30 minute specials on Somewhere I Belong, Summer Sanitarium, your Asian ’03 tour, and Projekt Revolution, and I taped them all. I went through at least two tapes of you guys alone. Eventually I stopped taping. Not because, as most people think, VHS became obsolete. It was because MTV2 stopped showing anything music related entirely. Ironic that now they deem the backup channel useless.

77. avfh! on August 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

lol, i dont really get what’s goin on but… ahahaha lol

i dont understand.

78. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 9:57 am

Ha! (No.3)

79. anvanoppens on August 29, 2011 at 9:56 am

True Mike, it’s also about people’s votes (What’s wrong with the people most of the time?! lol)

80. joannehelix on August 29, 2011 at 9:56 am

Haha well said! I bow to every word you said on this topic. Anyway, as you know we soldiers are like WHAT??? when waiting for the end didn’t win best visual effects at the VMAs(ET by Katy Perry won instead) never mind, to us you guys are the winners. And like what you said, it’s just the big drunkwreck at the party. Hah.

Much love Mikey!

-Jo

81. lillyhfg on August 29, 2011 at 9:54 am

it happens with everything. :)

82. Ally on August 29, 2011 at 9:52 am

Well, I was happy that the Foo Fighters won; and some other categories. Personally I didn’t like it all one bit; especially, the very last performance but that’s just me.

Reality shows aka Jersey Shore and others 8) have taken over MTV. I think there was a time I remember when it was about music…

83. sagback on August 29, 2011 at 9:49 am

Agree w/ you ;) you re great enough thouh they cant realize that ;) hope to enjoy your secret show ;)

-loves from Turkey