New From Lazarides: Invader and Pete Hawkins

December 1, 2011

Yes, Art Basel is up right now in Miami, but I had to put up a quick post about some great stuff up at Lazarides in London this month.  Faile is finishing up a great show at Rathbone gallery now thru Dec 3, and a few new shows are opening.  I was able to get twist some arms, and get a few great images to share with you guys.

Pete Hawkins’ opens this Friday in Newcastle.  Cool stuff, check him out:

…And at Outsider Gallery in London, a show by Invader opens up as well.  In an email from the gallery, I was told the Invader exhibition “focuses mainly on the Aliases but will also feature Invader Waffles (yes, Invader waffles), two bespoke print editions, a disco ball and all manner of finery.”

Well.  I’m always down for “all matter of finery.”

I wasn’t allowed to put up the disco ball or waffles, but I’ve seen them, and they are my favorite things in the show.

Lastly, Jonny Yeo‘s show is also coming up, but I don’t have images for that one yet.  But if the new show is anything as provocative as his previous stuff, I’m not even sure if I would be able to post it on my blog.  (if you don’t know Jonny’s stuff, Google him, you’ll see what I mean…)

1. zahralp on December 24, 2011 at 11:49 pm

interesting art work,

mike im geting in to collage and i love art and i wanna do it but everyones advice’s are against me geting into art school they say theres no future ,,,i just dont know if i should fallow my heart or the money …life is messed up ,isnt it !?

2. adiek84 on December 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Not really my thing to be honest.
    Were you in Miami this weekend? I didn’t really have the time to check out all the pictures artists posted on their sites and Twitters yet, but the few I’ve seen were awesome.
    Another upcoming show that looks really great is Esao Andrews’ “Nowhere” show at Thinkspace in January. I love the guy’s work.

3. gustina05 on December 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm

hey Mike I dind’t know Jonny Yeo’s work but now I see what you mean great stuff the collages are amazing and the paintings…I always wanted to paint like that its really interesting .. hope you can post something about his show ! :)

4. thegluelpfan on December 3, 2011 at 5:33 am

And when will we be able to see some new pieces from you? :D

5. koocoomoo on December 2, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Lmao! Invader Waffles.
    Oh, the creative mind..

6. emzlp123 on December 2, 2011 at 10:51 am

I’d love to see the invader show. I’ve been a fan of his street art (along with a few others) and it’d be cool to see. And Hawkins work looks really interesting too.
    Yeah, good call on not putting Yeo’s work up. My mum walked in on me looking at his website at the wrong time … you’ll know what I mean lol
    His work is good though.
    Thanks, as always, for sharing this with us.
    Peace!

7. erimarika on December 2, 2011 at 8:33 am

Cool! Thanks for sharing Mike.

8. only2edc on December 2, 2011 at 5:51 am

good idea,easy to understand the meaning

@kornlovelp

9. yomarqueslp on December 2, 2011 at 4:19 am

Wow, they’re all awesome! I like the third one a lot :)

10. dcl1982 on December 1, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Vespa treadmill is definitely an accident waiting to happen! My favorite though

11. violetrose88 on December 1, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Hi, Mike. I have a kinda unrelated question. I’ve noticed that the image of skulls and skeletons has appeared in quite a few of your paintings (not only in GLXS). I wonder if there’s a special reason behind this? What do skulls mean to you?

I’ve also started a discussion about this in LP forum. It’d be great if you can contribute. :)

Btw, this is the first time that I’ve ever posted on your site, though I’ve been following your blog for a while. I’m also a new fan of Linkin Park (and you), so it’d be awesome if I can get a reply.

12. cyndi021598 on December 1, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Jonny Yeo’s shizznit is soo graphic! OMG I souldn’t have to see that for about 5 years..im 13 & a girl.. do ya see where im coming frm

13. purnamalp on December 1, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I like the second picture, really nice vespa ^^

14. larissaevelynrm on December 1, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Oh crazy! I liked the first three *-*

kisses MIKE! ♥

(SP Brasil)

15. Radyo Plexus on December 1, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Wow! Awesome! ANVANOPPENS; any idea about the new album’s cover already? We do have same question, Mike. :)

16. Alexandra Nofi on December 1, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Mike, there is no such as art that is inappropriate for the eye to see.

17. mizsnurul on December 1, 2011 at 8:17 pm

wow!!!
    really awesome…
    so creative :)

18. anvanoppens on December 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Really awesome! BTW, any idea about the new album’s cover already?

19. thepixelpod on December 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm

hehe cool images ;P!
    i hope one day u put my art in u blog..
    but i still noob in art :)

20. michelle2014 on December 1, 2011 at 8:08 pm

OMG I LOVE THESE..

I LOVE HOW ART IS LIKE AN INTERNAL LANGUAGE.

MIKE WHAT KIND OF ART DEGREE DO YOU HAVE?