The Raid US Debut: Sundance Film Festival

December 1, 2011

Looks like more good news for The Raid.  The film will be making its US debut, with my score, at the Sundance Film Festival as part of the Spotlight section.  Sundance doesn’t usually feature action films, so it’s very cool that this movie made it in.

For those of you wondering when you’ll be able to see the film, we finally have an answer.  Sony Pictures Classics will be releasing the film in spring of 2012.

1. brysislupin on January 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I´m really into watching this movie. Its looks very emocional and disturbing. And OFC I want hear the score :)

2. Alina on December 25, 2011 at 12:06 pm

какой кошмар…сорри Майк. музыка-то нормальная (больше сказать не могу), а фильм просто вынос мозга…тупой до неимоверности. не хочу, чтоб ты понял мой коммент…

3. zahralp on December 24, 2011 at 11:44 pm

thank for leting us know when its coming out man , omg it sounds and looks just amazing ,,can not wait!!! ;)

4. nairod01 on December 21, 2011 at 5:37 am

Hey Dude,

I’ve tried to do my own soundtrack, be inspired by yours here’s the result :

5. Ludh Praditto on December 20, 2011 at 10:36 am

I already watch the screening of this movie. it worth!!! trust me guys!

6. imankurniadi on December 17, 2011 at 8:25 pm

I’m indonesia, this movie is go-international first than played in our own country.. when it played at indonesia, the scoring made by indonesian, not you mike.. but i want to see too scoring made by u mike :)

7. cleopatrashinoda on December 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Well… Hey. I do not take yellow pills, I really love myself and everything about myself, I think I’m the best at everything, and I am as viciouss as a Chihuhaha. You would have loved me at first sight. Hehehe, when you were hanging out on my couch, didn’t I look like ridiculouso? Hey, let’s hang out sometime, Anna and the boys. I hate how everyone bows down to one bald spot. And Ganesh… powerful Buddha. Something is telling me there is more misanthrope for me to spot out. Hey, send me a favor. Your son is precious… Isn’t it amazing to watch yourself through your child’s actions? My son and I have never fought. He’s too perfect……..

8. djskyfire on December 14, 2011 at 4:04 am

long time fan, first time we met was in 2000 at the seagate center in toledo, oh you guys opened up for the Kottenmouth Kings and Corporate Avengers. been a huge fan and admirer of your work ever since sir. Thank you!!! Cant wait to get my ears on the new score. good luck and big thanks to you and Linkin Park for the best music, global awareness, and help you all have given to everyone across the world! You all are saints in my book thank you!!

9. nairod01 on December 11, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Man….your song sound so powerful, I just love it…..

I tried to do an original song which looks like yours,

after my remix of Issho Ni….:)

10. awkwardjewswag on December 4, 2011 at 9:23 am

11. colinreid on December 4, 2011 at 2:57 am

When will we expect a new painting from you?

12. princessrockerlp on December 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm

epic!!!

13. erimarika on December 3, 2011 at 7:13 am

I cannot wait to see it!

14. thegluelpfan on December 3, 2011 at 5:34 am

So spring next year we’ll be able to see it…from the trailers that I’ve seen so far I’m really going to enjoy it and the fact that you composed the soundtrack would only make it much more awesome.

15. jershalp on December 2, 2011 at 11:30 am

Awesome :-)
    So proud of u…
    Can’t wait to hear the score :-D

16. emzlp123 on December 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

That. Looks. EPIC!
    Totally can’t wait to see this! Amazing job on the music, are we gonna be able to download the tracks in the future?
    Peace!

17. colinreid on December 2, 2011 at 10:37 am

Sometime after the movie releases. Is it possible to have MP3 files of your score used in this movie for those that wont be able to watch this outside of the US including myself?

18. cincybmxlpfreak on December 2, 2011 at 8:57 am

Like I said before, Mike…this music is so you. The music reminds me so much of “Reanimation.” It’s like a mixture of “1stp Klosr” and “Kyur4 Th Ich.” Btw…I know that “Reanimation” was a huge hassle and a lot of work for you in particular, but I hope you’re proud of that album, because, in plain, that album kicks ass. Period. It’s very rare that people make remix albums and each song becomes a new and interesting form separate of the original. <3

19. anvanoppens on December 2, 2011 at 8:41 am

Looks great and especially sounds good (recognized some “M. Shinoda” on this trailer), congrats Mike! Can’t wait to watch (when/if available in Europe as well)

20. segumisama on December 2, 2011 at 6:58 am

Can’t wait to watch it.

21. Alexandra Nofi on December 2, 2011 at 6:37 am

So soon! *squee* I can’t wait to see this one. I will never not love martial arts films.

22. evooba on December 2, 2011 at 5:32 am

So excited to see this movie and listen to the music :D Do you know if there’s gonna be soundtrack out? Like on iTunes or something? I’d love to get it!

23. only2edc on December 2, 2011 at 5:28 am

great job Mike
    I LOVE YOUR ART

@kornlovelp

24. yomarqueslp on December 2, 2011 at 4:28 am

Amazing news! I’m really happy we’ll be able to see it, can’t wait. Congrats on the awesome job, Mike :)

25. Ally on December 2, 2011 at 2:36 am

Good Job.

26. ristinw on December 2, 2011 at 12:58 am

The film looks so violent, not really a cup of my tea, however, I guess I will watch it because of you :D

27. mrkjcs23 on December 2, 2011 at 12:43 am

great news for everyone involved with the film! Will The Raid get a nationwide release in the US or only NY and LA like what usually happens?

28. cuentosdebie on December 1, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Oh, so proud of you Mike…..and The Movie..,, I can’t believe an Indonesian film made it to the Sundance !!

29. aline4lp on December 1, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I can’t wait to see (and hear ;)) the movie!!!
    Do you know if your score will be published?

30. purnamalp on December 1, 2011 at 9:39 pm

All out action, the secret of silat has revealed.

31. linkinparkette on December 1, 2011 at 9:33 pm

yea… still freaked out by that movie

32. cyndi021598 on December 1, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Ahh that movie looks so effin tight!!! Can’t wait

33. larissaevelynrm on December 1, 2011 at 9:13 pm

let the spring come! ♥

34. thepixelpod on December 1, 2011 at 9:11 pm

too much time :(!
    i was thinking it will be released in this year but.. its doesn’t :/

35. kathyxx on December 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm

This is so cool. Good for you!
    Is there any chance of seeing the score as a release outside of the film (eg, album)?

36. michelle2014 on December 1, 2011 at 9:08 pm

MIKE I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS.