Shinoda Electro Harmonix Demo (Video)

December 22, 2011

1. nsklov on January 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Hey Mike,
    This is a request of a song which i and many other would LOVE to hear u remake with the band. I hope you take this into consideration as it shouldn’t be even a slightest bit hard at the moment. The song “Stick n’ Move – Xero” if you could remake it under Linkin Park *Meteora Style*, would greatly be appreciated and loved. Ofcourse following you guys for 12 years has made me realize that Fans are the most important part of your life. So try not to let this ONE fan and many Others down would ya

Cheers,
    Nithin(NsK)

2. brysislupin on January 10, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Makes me thinks of your new album

3. thegluelpfan on January 6, 2012 at 11:38 am

This video really pumps me up for the new album!And it’s always really nice to see you being awesome in the studio :D

4. kaynyne on January 1, 2012 at 2:37 am

Sounds mad in I Have Not Begun

5. Nina Nine on December 28, 2011 at 7:06 am

I love this video, you’re amazing mike! :)

6. colinreid on December 26, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Yeah. I came across this clip before you posted It here on your blog. Interesting stuff there, when did you record this?

7. Eddie on December 25, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hi Mike! Big fan of you. Saw your shoes today at the supermarket. If i had afford to buy them i would. The weather is cold here in sweden. Since it isnt the subject, i would introduce you to this video. i saw this video on vimeo and i would like you to check this out. Thought about this sound of is own. Merry Christmas Mike Shinoda

8. jershalp on December 25, 2011 at 7:51 am

That was pretty cool :)
    Merry Christmas Mike :D

9. 1oo71 on December 25, 2011 at 6:36 am

1. Merry Christmas, Mike!
    2. Eeeeeeee!! I love videos like this. I wish you’d make more!! If you ever open a music school, I’m in! I got an iPad2 today and downloaded the “Animoog” and “Korg iMS-20″ apps. Wish me luck!
    3. What was the original sample of?

10. zahralp on December 24, 2011 at 11:32 pm

interesting, i’d love to work with your stuff just for a day , musics just amazing art

11. vanrok on December 24, 2011 at 11:15 am

these kind of posts are my favorite from your blog,i love when u show us from the studio gear and stuff :D

12. nikoshinoda on December 23, 2011 at 11:34 pm

Hi Mike, that’s sound great and i love yr sharing to us ,by the way we can’t wait the new album from u hahaha thx for u share like a yr hobby hahaha nice and keep it all ,I love <3

13. cincybmxlpfreak on December 23, 2011 at 11:08 am

Hey! That was sick to watch! Thanks for showing that to us. I hope one day I have access to that many pedals to mess around with. :) <3 Have a great Christmas, Mike! :)

14. linkinparktjejen on December 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

You are a genius. Love u man! Happy holidays and merry christmas! Much love from Sweden!

15. dcl1982 on December 23, 2011 at 12:24 am

Very excited to see this. This demo alone, answered a lot of questions about how DJ’s make their own music… I’m a fan of Crystal Method, and was always curious about how they get some of their sounds. Thank you!

16. Patsy on December 23, 2011 at 12:19 am

17. jdennis88 on December 22, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Cool sounds!

18. scorpirocking on December 22, 2011 at 10:01 pm

the best thing about you is that you´ve never lost the child in you that loves playing and remains curious about all the things around you. keep it up, it´s just great watching its outcome – and listening to, of course!

19. ristinw on December 22, 2011 at 8:11 pm

You look like a chocolate bar! ^0^ yum

20. shashanksardesai on December 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm

THANK GOD, U CUT UR HAIR! NOW U LOOK DECENT ND NICE!

21. mssueellen on December 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm

hey Mike, that was amazing!! Thanx for showing us a little bit of the fun you have at studio and for sharing it with fans. I know the process takes more than that and it is a hard work. That’s why we love you guys.

22. Nina Nine on December 22, 2011 at 7:18 pm

You are just amazing, awesome, incredible, admirable, smart! and all the adjetives that you want! LOVELY! THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR ART!

23. diarramdhanpermana on December 22, 2011 at 6:11 pm

this for you

24. djak1ra on December 22, 2011 at 5:45 pm

This was a great learning tool mike, I tried some similar techniques in this mixtape i just finished up if anybody would care for a listen: http://soundcloud.com/ak1ramusic/ak1ra-drf-mixtape-vol-2 thanks!

25. diarramdhanpermana on December 22, 2011 at 5:39 pm

oh my god! i can’t belive this

26. Alexandra Nofi on December 22, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Using studio equipment for something other than what it was intended to create samples = MAN WITH A BRAIN. This is the kind of stuff fans like me love, the way you make it. Would you consider it a good idea to invest in equipment like this to make music as a hobby, rather than a job? I just wanna share it, not sell it. Of all the art forms I love to create with, music is becoming 2nd place on the totem pole. Right now, I am making sample beats with the virtual instruments in Mixcraft 5, it’s not a professional program and I can get what you show in the video from that program (within my own style), but there are many, many more steps to it.

Nerding over LP and proud of it.

27. emzlp123 on December 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I love the end, it just shows that you guys are always listening out for new sounds and just how simple finding an amazing sound can be.
    Happy Holidays! :)

28. whosmurry on December 22, 2011 at 4:50 pm

It’s cool how that looks both crazy complicated and really simple at the same time.

29. shinodacakes77 on December 22, 2011 at 3:48 pm

OOO NOOOOO the video ended! Hahaha that was very informative :) Some great sounds in there.

30. nerd42 on December 22, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Awesome video. Can’t wait to hear the next record.

Will any Fort Minor stuff ever happen again?

31. lpsuzie on December 22, 2011 at 3:36 pm

It’s soo cool! Lovely noises! :D

32. vickykun on December 22, 2011 at 3:34 pm

That´s really awesome! Especially the sound that we can hear when you touch the cable. I never thought that cables could sound like this.
    As I can see, you guys have a lot of fun with different kind of sounds,something like “electronic ones”, “Organic ones”.

I think it´s the coolest thing about Linkin Park.

33. anvanoppens on December 22, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Sounds cool! Thanks for sharing with us Mike! This video had been spreading around the web before. I do recognise some LP sound already. I think that kind of ‘intro’ you’ve demonstrated could be very useful during live shows, just saying :) Pretty awesome!
    @LPSOLDIERSFTW

34. milasouza11 on December 22, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Sounds Good :)~

35. nettie21 on December 22, 2011 at 2:07 pm

You’re amazing, I hope you know that! I’m sure the next LP album’ll be very cool. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
    xo. N

36. cherrybubble89 on December 22, 2011 at 1:52 pm

After hearing THIS, I’m STARVING for a new LP record… Jeez, that sounds so great, although I just heard a tiny little bit…!!!

37. JAVHIERA GUEVARA ARCE on December 22, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Amazing!
    this video is more than great

Mike is amazing to see and save to use this type of musical elements
    I congratulate Mike for always doing music that really get heart
    the lyrics of the songs, all
    and those instruments that be your
    the play very well
    these cute contributions the band makes to those who need it most
    Congratulations and God bless :)

38. kristinabe on December 22, 2011 at 1:33 pm

We have already seen it :D :D :D

39. yomarqueslp on December 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

40. michelle2014 on December 22, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Mike love the beats and can wait to hear the new album…hearing lots of rumors on when it is suppose to come out…..can wait to see you back in Texas
    Love you guys..
    P.s. Never knew that you have met dr. Drew….
    He is an amazing man. <3

41. evooba on December 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Saw this a couple of days ago! Amazing how far technology has gone, you get to use all these great stuff to make a beat sound even better and cool. :) The beat is great btw … Can’t wait for more news on the new music :)

42. thepixelpod on December 22, 2011 at 12:57 pm

hehe i wish the video was more longer :P

43. kathyxx on December 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I always love these behind the scenes things. so cool.