Joey BadA$$ X Styles Of Beyond

February 27, 2012

New track: Joey BadA$$, 2012:

The sample.  I believe I was in the studio when they cut vocals to this song, in Skully’s garage in the valley: Styles Of Beyond, 1998.

Shout out to Broke Mogul for the heads up on this track…

1. anvanoppens on February 29, 2012 at 7:44 am

Sorry for the extra post Mike,
    but why is FORT MINOR, ‘confirmed’ to play at Pinkpop festival (Netherlands) on the same day as Linkin Park? bit.ly/ximUMQ

2. fellforthehype on February 28, 2012 at 5:09 pm

cute hat.

3. adiek84 on February 28, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I really like the new version by Joey Bada$$, I still prefer SOB, though. Someone should do a mash up of the two tracks!
    I wanna have Reseda Beach, too! I was actually wondering if the album was still owned by the label, but Wikipedia said otherwise, so i guess there are absolutely no reasons to not release the record tomorrow! XD
    By the way, totally unrelated, but did you know that the former singer of “The Calling” sold his house, car etc. to buy his album from Geffen and release it independently? I’m not a huge fan of his solo stuff, but I think that’s pretty awesome. Believe me, the guy can tell some crazy stories about the weird ways of the music business.

4. dcl1982 on February 28, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Dope

5. anvanoppens on February 28, 2012 at 6:00 am

Agree on SOB, miss them!
    BTW The Raid’s trailer track is AWESOME!!! (Don’t have any words to describe how genius you are Mike!) AND looks like it will be released in Belgium as well (Amazingly good news!) I’m going to watch it in cinemas just to hear the music!

6. yomarqueslp on February 28, 2012 at 5:00 am

Awesome stuff :D

7. Shinoda's Army on February 28, 2012 at 1:45 am

SOB! Day is made.

8. anvanoppens on February 28, 2012 at 12:49 am

Mike, you’re back! :) Great songs btw!
    Any update on launching the Raid?

9. exotiquesfrors on February 28, 2012 at 12:22 am

Not surprise why I miss this track, I just was 14 and could’n understand English well when it released.

Thanks for a cool track suggestion, Mike. :)

Now it’s time to search another of SOB !!

10. evooba on February 27, 2012 at 10:55 pm

That is dope! Good job by Joey! :) Damn, I miss SOB, I wish the guys released that Reseda Beach record already!