New Music – The Raid: Redemption

March 16, 2012

My first film score, “The Raid: Redemption,” is finally here.

Listen to a few of the tracks from the soundtrack now at TheRaidSoundtrack.com, including the song “RAZORS.OUT,” which features Chino from Deftones/†††. If you pre-order the album, you get “RAZORS.OUT” instantly.

TheRaidSoundtrack.com is the ONLY place you can get the physical CD. You can also pre-order the digital album download only and it will be delivered on 3/20.

“The Raid: Redemption” opens in New York, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, and Washington DC on March 23, and nationwide April 13. Watch the trailer HERE.

-Mike

1. gallylp on January 20, 2013 at 2:12 am

I didn’t like the movie so much and actually when I watched it I didn’t you were the composer, but I did appreciate a lot the soundtrack. Later I heard it on its own, and it sounds really good. I hope you’ll work again this way.

2. thegrandkaidbz on May 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm

3. thegluelpfan on March 25, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I haven’t listened to the whole soundtrack yet,just about 6 or 7 songs and the two with vocals and I gotta say it is amazing!Not that I doubted it,but you did an excellent job as always…so I got the soundtrack and I will listen to the whole thing now.Congrats once again!

4. caniagohareva on March 22, 2012 at 10:03 pm

ow… i luv thge track so much on the movie triler..
    Move on Mike…

5. blackdaysend on March 21, 2012 at 9:55 am

6. Matt Rittorno on March 21, 2012 at 7:32 am

Hi Mike, my wife and I saw you at the Grammy Museum last night, thank you so much for taking the time. I have a question if you have a moment please. About the relationships between visual art and music, how are they similar? how do you manage to excel at both?

7. Radyo Plexus on March 20, 2012 at 10:19 am

Reblogged this on Xandro Pontillas and commented:
    Must watch!

8. lpmoonshine on March 19, 2012 at 11:19 pm

HI Mike
    tell chester Happy BDay from me
    Thanx <3
    I hope you and chester be the best friend forever
    from Mahshid

9. vinicius1sccp on March 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Mike, i think you and Chester are genius, but why did you guys has changed so much? :( i think hibrid theory was the best album ever. Take care, love you guys =)

10. parth196 on March 19, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Thought the score was awesome. Really cool electronic, atmospheric, ambient stuff; lots of cool textures. A lot of dramatic, intense, beat-driven stuff on there, and I loved the moving, poignant pieces as well. Love the contrast between the heavily distorted electronics and the subtle, resonating piano. Enjoyable to listen to on it’s own, but can’t wait to see how it fits in the film. You never disappoint.

11. magz12 on March 18, 2012 at 1:39 pm

OK MIKE, HAVE YOU SEEN THE “KONY 2012″ VID ON YOUTUBE LATELY?? WELL U SHOULD WATCH IT. SEEMS LIKE ITS A BIG DEAL (IT IS) BUT ANYWAY WITH UR POWER U COULD HELP US PEOPLE SUPORDING THIS. WE WILL STOP THE MADNESS THIS YEAR. I THINK U SHOULD HELP US. AND ESPEACIALLY YOU! WITH THE POWER OF LINKIN PARK AND THE FANS. FOR MORE INFO JUST GO TO FACEBOK AND LOOK UP “INVISABLE CHILDREN” I KNOW ITS CRAZY FOR ME TO TELL U THIS BUT U SHOULD LOOK THAT UP. LIKE WAT U STARTED WITH THE MUSIC FOR RELIEF, AND POWER THE WORLD. HELP SUPORT THE KONY 2012 PROJEKT. SO ONE QUESTION… ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT??

• Xenith on March 18, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Not that anyone one charity should be exclusive, I think Mike does more than enough PR with Music for Relief already.

I’m sure Mike supports the Kony2012 efforts, however their campaign isn’t exactly in the best light at present. So for us to push for Mike to be part of Kony2012 or to offer his opinion on it as well as MFR… is asking a lot.

On top of this I dont want Mike turning into Bono. :p

• magz12 on March 20, 2012 at 6:13 pm

lol, ok. XP like i just want to know if he supports it or not, if he thinks its a sham or the real thing. so… yeah :-)

12. milasouza11 on March 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I see a lot of photos of fans (from LPU) with you .. ANd i hope to have this opportunity too, someday!

God Bless you!

Mila Souza (@milasouza11)

13. aberu on March 18, 2012 at 8:16 am

great news. Mike, could you tell me how many tracks will have the soundtrack?

14. gustina05 on March 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm

THANKS MIKE!!!!!!! AWESOME WORK!!!!!

15. Xenith on March 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Great to hear the old school Linkin Park sounds bleeding through.

Brings me back to a time before Rick Rubin interfered with something that was already perfect…
    Legend he maybe, but this amount of awesome he is not.

16. magz12 on March 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm

THANK GLOB!!!! DUDE SINCE THE FIRST TIME U EVEN ANOUNCED ABOUT “THE RAID” IVE BEEN DYING TO KNOW WHEN THE MOVIE IS COMING OUT!! IM SORRY..:-p I JUST REALLY BLEW UP RIGHT THERE LOL. OK EITHER WAY I WANT TO SEE THAT MOVIE ALREADY!! IM JUST WAITING AND WAITING!!! -P.S. HERE IN MICHIGAN WE STILL AWAIT LINKIN PARK’S ARRAIVAL! XD

17. shoegaze4u on March 17, 2012 at 1:06 pm

This are my thoughts, when I heard the songs. I don’t know what is the film about, except that it’s an eastern action movie. So that are my pure feelings about the tracks:

RAZORS OUT – Someone is standing on the roof of a house and feel very depressed and lonely.
    DRUG LAB – Someone is trying to reach an object, maybe a room in a building, very determinedly and quickly, to achieve a mission.
    TRAPPED – Two enemies standing face to face before fighting. Or preciser: They circling around.
    SUICIDE MUSIC – A killer is moving with determination to his victim.
    DOG FIGHT – Someone flees through the streets of a city at night.

18. ves13 on March 17, 2012 at 10:57 am

I liked the tracks, they sound powerful and I liked the beat. Great job! Vesna

19. cezar_lp on March 17, 2012 at 6:49 am

Mike, Are U the cop in the Image??? I think that is your head

20. Ally on March 17, 2012 at 6:27 am

Great job to you and Chino, Mike.

Love Deftones!

21. yomarqueslp on March 17, 2012 at 5:00 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to get mine :)

22. Tacy_DS on March 17, 2012 at 4:46 am

Awesome…but i have to say….why pre-ordered a digital copy?! is not like they gonna end….hauhauhauhuahu…and im already in live with Razors out…good job Mike!!!

23. Alexandra Nofi on March 17, 2012 at 4:42 am

I promise you, that upon my next paycheck I will pre-order the CD.

And Chino sounds fantastic on Razor.Out <3

24. dianelp on March 17, 2012 at 4:15 am

Good news, thank you! I love Razors out, great work Mike and Joe too! I’ll pre order the cd this weekend. :)

25. vickykun on March 17, 2012 at 3:47 am

yaaay <33 Unfortunatelly I don´t even know if The Raid will pass in my country. lol Anyways, congratulations once more for your movie score!
    I wish you all a lot of sucess.

Kiss Kis

26. anvanoppens on March 17, 2012 at 2:28 am

AMAZING! You’re a genius!
    Can’t wait to see you at Pinkpop festival in 2 months :)
    An (Belgium)

27. ghazniyazi on March 17, 2012 at 2:05 am

i just re-ordered the physical CD a few minutes ago. nice work mike, you should do film scores more often :)

28. luki9875 on March 17, 2012 at 1:49 am

Just Pre-Ordered my Physical CD. Cant wait to get it :) Razors out is awesome… nice music and vocals from Chino!

How many tracks are on that CD?

29. evooba on March 17, 2012 at 1:15 am

Awesome!! Thx Mike! I already pre-ordered mine :) Razors Out sounds amazing. Great work! Thumps up for both you and Joe!

30. stacyromanov on March 16, 2012 at 11:48 pm

For me – it’s not enough power in chorus…But whole track is great. Thank you, Mike. :)

31. dirtytrick23 on March 16, 2012 at 11:46 pm

You never cease to amaze us Dr. Shinoda, this bad*ss!!!
    I’ll Definitely look after this album and the movie.
    Congratulations again!
    Cheers from Montreal.

32. manyalp on March 16, 2012 at 10:58 pm

The music is totally awesome!!! It has something weird and strange-like about it. Too cool.
    Your score is too awesome. I particularly liked the begging of RAZORS.OUT.
    Keep on writing new music!!!
    PS Come on, new LP album, come on… Waiting!.

33. Mumo on March 16, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Reblogged this on The Emotion and Music and commented:
    Much anticipated! Yo Mike, this is real B! Thanks for being an inspiration and putting real music!

34. betty108 on March 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Amazing! I’ll pre-order the CD tomorrow, it’s almost 2:00am here, I gotta rest. Can’t wait for the movie, I’ll be doing some offline promotions for the LPST in Chicago :)

35. emzlp123 on March 16, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Mike, Razors Out is a work of art! If the rest of the soundtrack is anything like that song … then damn! It’s going to be a hell of a ride! Amazing job and can’t wait to hear the rest!
    Have a nice day and weekend!
    Oh and … Happy St Paddys Day from across the pond!

36. dcl1982 on March 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm

The song was awesome Mike. I couldn’t even recognise Chino’s voice!!!

37. mrmmusictech on March 16, 2012 at 9:29 pm

AMAZING! SIMPLY AMAZING MIKE! i loved the industrial breakdown bridge thingy in the middle man! really dope! and Chino also killed it in the choruses man! i can’t wait for it to come out! when is the movie going to come out in Singapore mike?
    and HI linkin park and fort minor fans! i did a cover of Remember The Name
    please check it out and tell me what you think! also please watch my other covers too! thanks!

38. thepixelpod on March 16, 2012 at 9:25 pm

like it the preview song :D “Razors.Out” :)
    how much songs there will be in the soundtrack?

39. parth196 on March 16, 2012 at 9:19 pm

mike, you’re a genuis. pre-ordered, and listening to the songs on soundcloud. much respect

40. purnamalp on March 16, 2012 at 9:09 pm

I’m so excited, I just pre-order CD, can’t wait for it :3

41. lpmoonshine on March 16, 2012 at 9:01 pm

It’s F**kin awsome.they sounds really nice
    congratulation Mike
    waiting for the new album

42. Braffschein on March 16, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Good job, Mike! I love Razors Out <3 I hope you get to score some other films! you're awesome at that!

43. jai waiting for linkin park concert in india on March 16, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Mike, this is o’sum just like you!!

We Indian are waiting for Linkin Park :/