The Number One, Twitter Responses, and a New Linkin Park Video Game.

July 8, 2012

I wanted to take a moment to respond to a couple things online that caught my eye. These responses seemed worth more time than a tweet, so I collected them for answers here.

1.) First off, thanks to the fans for making LIVING THINGS #1 in the U.S. this week. Billboard says that LP now holds the record for the most consecutive #1 albums on the Billboard 200 chart since the year 2000. A surprising bit of trivia, though: the five albums are Meteora, Collision Course, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and LIVING THINGS…Hybrid Theory, although it did stay in the Billboard Top 100 for over 100 weeks, peaked at #2, and never made it to #1.

2.) On Twitter this week, @8bitesquivel said: “Help us!!! There’s this page on Facebook called “Linkin Park Sucks” Help us remove it!!!!!”

Dearest 8bitesquivel, I appreciate your fervor. But remember:

3.) Next up, a random one on, again from Twitter. @EpicDrumGamer asked: “is it a bad idea to hear the whole band in the monitors? Ask Rob? :D (I drum)”.

Monitors are a very individual thing. Most of my bandmates use in-ears, but Brad prefers to use speaker monitors. We all like to hear different things in our mix. But as a rule of thumb, make sure your monitors let you hear whatever makes you play your best show. If hearing vocals distracts you, mute them. If you want to lock in with your bassist, turn them up. And if you are playing shows at a club level, where your monitor mix is unpredictable, try to do whatever you can to make your monitor mix as foolproof as possible. Some guys just put a click track into their in-ears, and leave it at that!

4.) Here’s a big piece of news that’s slowly starting to leak out there: we’re making a new Linkin Park game! It will be available on Facebook, and we announced it in conjunction with the Rio+Social event. Here’s a video describing it, below. The idea was inspired by the Music For Relief “Power The World” campaign, so it’s got a philanthropic twist…but first and foremost, we’re trying to make a game that’s FUN.

5.) Lastly, a huge thank you to all the fans who helped give LIVING THINGS a warm welcome into the world. Here are some worldwide first-week stats for LP fans to enjoy:

US #1
Canada #1
Austria #1
Belgium #3
Czech Republic #1
Denmark #2
Finland #1 (Gold Album)
France #2
Germany #1 (Gold Albun)
Holland #1 (1st ever #1 there)
Hungary #1
Japan #1
Taiwan #1
Thailand #1
Singapore #1
Malaysia #1

1. Junior on April 25, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Reblogged this on Junior's Music Rock.

2. gallylp on April 21, 2013 at 7:31 am

Hi Mike.
    First of all, forgive me for using this topic to send you my request.
    There is no single day without listening to LP.
    I’m getting married in September and I’d like to be lead to the altar hearing one of your songs. And if I love your lyrics, and I do, they do not match the circumstances…
    I had the chance to get the acapellas and instrumentals versions of Living Things, so I’d like to know if and where I could get those versions for your previous albums.
    Thanks for all,
    GallyLP.

3. lilianahillinger on January 19, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Reblogged this on Liliana Hillinger.

4. linkinparanoia on September 22, 2012 at 4:49 am

ололо шинодааа

5. spud01 on September 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Hey Mike,
    Not sure if you will get this but it’s worth a shot right?
    Facebook, twitter, lp.com, ms.com and all the other social networking sites you use don’t exactly have enough characters for what us fans might have to say to you and the band. And with the amount of fans nor is it easy to get through to you.
    So my question is: is their a fan email or mailing address we can use?
    Thanks,
    Sophie
    p.s i plan to post this on a couple other blog posts to increase my chance of you seeing this so i apologize in advance for any annoyance caused! :)

6. natibelga on August 28, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I have to relocate.

7. tayamichel on August 20, 2012 at 2:44 am

I understand it when people say they don’t really like LP’s music- not everyone will, that’s just life… but you guys don’t SUCK, you rule!!! You are EXTREMELY talented and your music is the best!!! (in my opinion) oh and Mike, you are my idol!! I love your lyrics, rapping, paintings etc…

8. rishiparashar on August 17, 2012 at 6:11 am

Hi Shinoda Sir,I am following LP since M2M(altho I had listend TO the prev 2 albums jus a yr b4 the arrival of M2M)and Ive enjoyd ur music ever since.LT is cool and all fun-to-hear sounds.I had guessed you would come up with something close your prev Raprock themes when I came to know that you were going to release the album just a year after ATS.I thought it would be something lyk Damage Control coz there had been a lot of dislikes for ATS(gotta tell u, for me ATS is ur 2nd best album after M2M)bt LT turnd out to be much more.It was hella creativity!all new sounds keeping same pace.altho I didnt like the beats in BURN IT DOWN :( LOST IN THE ECHO,CASTLE OF GLASS,LIES GREED MISERY r my fav!

9. juniornylpu on August 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Reblogged this on JUNIORLPU.

10. sagback on July 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

Really nice post , I like it ^_^ and I’ve to say this you’ve first place on rock album chart in Turkey too :D I think you will come back in this year or 2013 (pretty sure) check it out >> http://www.dr.com.tr/Muzik/Albumler/Rock-Music/grupno=00708

and I’d like to say “Hi Mike” at the end of my post :)

11. pravake on July 19, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Firstly, a huge congratulations, and good luck to “Linkin Park”. U guys really rock. ., Living thing was awesome, and so the other albums. I dnt have much words to say, . ., only thing is that, hope u guys come to India very soon…,
    Ty guys. .,
    Hoping to see u in India..,
    pravake@gmail.com

12. evetoth on July 15, 2012 at 9:37 am

I’m so proud that Hungary is on the list!! Thank you and all the band for making us another fantastic, meaningful album. Linkin Park has a kind of power that motivates people, and it’s good to be a part of these people.

13. lpshinosuke on July 15, 2012 at 6:55 am

I’m so proud of you guy to be attentive to your fans.
    And as you said “haters gonna hate”, so leave it.
    For the 5th, that’s not gonna happen without your great music. We just share it to someone who didn’t realize the amazing sound you made.

14. nine84 on July 13, 2012 at 1:39 am

Mike, thanks for your feedback :D but I must say a big THANK YOU for making Living Things real. Gold status in Germany ->>>> you have earned it!!!
    I hope you really know to appreciate it and comes to Germany back soon.
    The fans are missing you all and wants to see you live to rock with you.

Congratulation for your new masterpiece..

15. thenilly on July 12, 2012 at 10:16 am

I’m gonna create a facebook account to play the game… lol all for linkin park!!

16. nstoyan on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 am

17. nstoyan on July 12, 2012 at 8:05 am

Mike is there going to be a full dvd of ” The Making Of Living Things ” or its just the 17-18 min version that we all know? i would like to see a full video and know the release date of it.

18. Gonzalo Martin on July 12, 2012 at 8:05 am

Dear Mike Shionda, Thanks for your feedback of all the questions you have seen on twitter and other social networks.
    I just wanted to let you know, Argentina is at #1 too, here’s the source:

Hugs from Argentina :)

Martin.

19. nesrinagainst on July 12, 2012 at 4:09 am

You guys deserved that so much! WE have to be thankful for your work. For the experience, when we hear your music. I’m an artist as well and you mike, you inspired me for my latest artwork, just want thank you. Peace.

20. everyoneissleeping on July 12, 2012 at 3:00 am

Two things:
    —> Congratulations!!! :-)
    —> “When we judge or criticize another person, it says nothing about that person; it merely says something about our own need to be critical.” Unknown

21. Yahn on July 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Congratulations! Keep up the good music. And I wish you the best of luck in your outreach campaigns ;)

Hope you could come back again to the Philippines so that I can finally meet you. I missed your concert a few years back and it felt horrible. Well, I’m crossing my fingers that you guys would rock our town again soon :)

22. Anuradha Edirisuriya on July 11, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Sri Lanka loves you <3

23. kenjixara on July 11, 2012 at 1:26 pm

yeah.. Czech Republic loves you ^^
    can you come to CZ someday again? please! O.o
    anyway, congrats :)

24. linkinoda on July 11, 2012 at 12:05 pm

sir do you know i was born the hunger of a lion ,the strength of a sun . lol sorry my birthday it’s the 14 august

25. janine1978 on July 11, 2012 at 8:49 am

Hi Mike, can you plaese tell us, why there is no DSP from Berlin Admiralspalast (June 5)? We`re very agree about that… and we`ve already paid the preorder. What is that and what happens to our money? Please response!!! I’m apologize for my bad english ;).

26. gatsie on July 11, 2012 at 6:00 am

Neat-o

27. robiinator on July 11, 2012 at 2:45 am

Congratz, finally #1 in Holland! :) I forgot to vote :$, but I will vote for you guys next time. :D

28. ellzworth on July 10, 2012 at 9:48 am

Great album. I’ve been giving myself some time before I go onto iTunes or Amazon and leave my review of the entire album. Every time I listen to it, I hear and feel something new. I’ve grown-up with the band and it’s amazing to see how far they’ve gone/grown. Great stuff Mike.

29. anvanoppens on July 10, 2012 at 7:23 am

Sorry for spamming this —-
    Q&A with LINKIN PARK by Belgian LP ambassadors – SUBMIT YOUR OWN QUESTIONS FOR THE BAND on http://www.linkinpark-blog.be/linkin-park-qa-vragen/ (until August 3), we will pick the best questions and ask them to the band directly (maybe to Mr. Shinoda, who knows :) )! Entire Q&A will be posted on our blog afterwards. Good luck and THANK YOU for participating!

“Your (@Mike) head looks soooo big O_o…” It’s because it’s filled with some giant genius brains! Congrats Mike! You guys deserved that well, best album so far!

An

30. thesupermg996 on July 10, 2012 at 2:36 am

……………..Your head looks soooo big O_o…

31. shoegaze4u on July 10, 2012 at 12:59 am

Hi Mike. With Living Things, and also with ATS, you caused a “problem” on my playlist: There is no genre for Linkin Park!

iTunes puts you in ordinary Rock. No,no, no… impossible!
    That’s why I created an own genre, exclusively for LP. Thanks for your great music :)

32. shoegaze4u on July 10, 2012 at 12:52 am

iTunes puts you in ordinary Rock. No,no, no… impossible!
    That’s why I created an own genre, exclusively for LP, ha! Thanks for your great music :)

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2dbjz2r.jpg[/IMG]

33. sombodyontheearth on July 9, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Thanks you guys for great album i confirm LIVING THINGS is number one on Thailand . I really love this album and Congratulations on a successful.Please comeback to Thailand again \m/

34. caselimor on July 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Can I just say I love your attitude toward the “haters”? :D

35. manyalp on July 9, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Ash to Ashes, dust to dust….
    Your deception, my disgust
    When your name is finally drawn
    I’ll be happy that you’re gone….
    Mike, thanks for the album.
    My favorites are Skin To Bone, Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled and of course Burn It Down. :) thanks so freaking much

36. blinkinbharg on July 9, 2012 at 11:57 am

Oh my God ! Hope I’m not wrong,but that just looks like the pic I tweeted on the top(Of course,its a billboard page,but still :) )I like you guys a lot for a lot of reasons- you’re modest,you have a decent language in your songs,you write some really good lyrics,enjoy making videos that are a treat for the eyes and now adding to the list-you guys respond to us the fans! Continue being awesome ! And,Mike,please keep the arts coming.. I love them !

37. milasouza11 on July 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

The numbers don’t lie. LP had courage, dedication and now you are getting the reward for this such hard work.
    Congratulations for LIVINGTHINGS.

I can’t wait to watch the new video Lost in the Echo.
    From now on, “Lost in the Echo” can’t be outside of the ANY setlist of LP.

God Bless you.

38. adiek84 on July 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

Oh, and about the new LP game, I’m so looking forward to it! Since it’s on Facebook I can play it too, which is great! Combining fun with philanthropy is always good and you guys seem to be pros in this business!

39. adiek84 on July 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

Congrats for this great chart performance! It’s nice to see the numbers mirroring my own opinion about the album! I love how you took over the German charts with 7 singles and 4 albums in the Top 100! Since LIVING THINGS is released now, I’m really looking forward to what is yet to come this year. I have a feeling the LOST IN THE ECHO video will be epic, and I’m desperately awaiting tour dates (Cologne/Duesseldorf, please ;-D) so that I can FINALLY enjoy my first LP concert! In other news, I graduated University this week and this info is so mindblowing for me that I intend to share it everywhere!
    PS: “LP Sucks”-Page = 5048 likes, LP-page = 43.703.683 likes

40. Claudia B. on July 9, 2012 at 9:45 am

Glad you take time to reply to some tweets here, though I feel like you ignore my neatly plotted questions.
    I believe that person is new (fan wise) ’cause 1) us old LP fans know that haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate – there’s no point in fighting against anti-LP pages; 2)you can’t please everyone and that should be clear to everyone.
    I think Lithuania had LT (lol the abbreviation) at #3 in the iTunes store.
    Generally speaking LIVING THINGS did AMAZING in the charts & I would’ve been genuinely shocked if it didn’t do so well. Thank you for this awesome album (Why so short though?)Oh & the party almost two weeks ago you know where, we should do it again some other time :)

41. adiek84 on July 9, 2012 at 9:38 am

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Fan Corner and commented:
    LIVING THINGS killing the charts worldwide…what else did we expect? ;-)

42. dianelp on July 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

Haha good answer.
    Well ,congratulation for Living Things and thank you so much for this album, i love all this amazing songs!
    In Switzerland LT was #1 the first week on Itunes. :)

I saw another video for the game, nice graphics, it looks good!

43. kissmyassbutt on July 9, 2012 at 8:14 am

Mike, the new album has reignited the passion I have for your music (Hate to say it went a little stale with the previous album. Sorry) . I has everything for everyone. This album should have been called Hybrid Theory as it is has melded everything you guys have done over the years, making it into a solid, seamless piece of musical history. Keep up the hard work guys xx

44. aravind221 on July 9, 2012 at 7:33 am

Hey mike First off congratulations on the albums huge success .We like to thank you heartily that INDIA has been a huge success part in helping and supporting you to reach the Goal of No :1 selling album in the world “Yes we did it ” . We LPIU India. Linkinpark fan club along with our fans and not but least to congratulate EMI INDIA our Warner distributors who have a huge success part in teaming up with a online website flipkart.com for the preorder of the cd .You know what mike the fans who all ordered the cd not just got cd but discount plus free home delivery and living things promo Lp poster one the House of blues show ,LA. This is India first success .thnx for great music.Luv U LP.

45. lpmoonshine on July 9, 2012 at 7:05 am

Oh Mike u r my hero,I always admire u,specially your munificence,I will never forget that “haters gonna hate”
    and also congratulations to u because of everything:)
    Mahshid

46. queenash1993 on July 9, 2012 at 5:32 am

LINKIN PARK ROCK BTW WHO CARES ABOUT “LINKIN PARK SUCK’S” PAGE. WE LOVE AND ALWAYS WILL.. LP FOREVER AND PAKISTAN LOVE YOU IF YOU DON’T KNOW THAT……
    FROM LINKIN PARK AWESOMEST FAN

47. 3olivez3 on July 9, 2012 at 5:24 am

Congratulations, being at number one is quite the feat!

A: “Proof of Exodus”… that would be a pretty amazing title for one of your new albums down the line. ;)

48. queenash1993 on July 9, 2012 at 4:48 am

If LIVING THINGS Not #1 In Pakistan. But Living THINGS And LINKIN PARK Is #1 In My Awesome Heart

49. vickykun on July 9, 2012 at 4:23 am

lol I didn´t even know about that facebook group XD You´re right haters gonna hate!

In-ears seemed to be better than monitors I guess,but who am I to say? ( I don´t have a band or anything like that)

Already saw the video. The idea is amazing actually,´cause we do need more eco-friendly games to our kids!

Good list! I guess Brazil is not there because a lot of fans couldn´t buy it yet ;.;

50. kanti22 on July 9, 2012 at 3:58 am

#1 in Poland is a huge “Thank you” from all LP polish soliders :) We had a wonderful evening in Warsaw and we hope, that you also had fun :) We’ll be waiting for another concert for sure! Keep doing what you love and good luck to all of you :)

51. Perky on July 9, 2012 at 3:45 am

Cool and so happy the album has done so well. But you missed the bit about acquiring your very own (Linkin Park) penguin. C’mon that’s got to be cool too?

52. linkinoda on July 9, 2012 at 3:00 am

first of all all italian soldiers are so much happy for this crazy huge and fantastic cd and I’m very happy indeed we are all happy to have Linkin Park in the first place in the table :) I read the second game will be complicated? I hope not spend in Italy? the cd is fantastic :)

53. hazel1972 on July 9, 2012 at 2:51 am

Thats so amazing to be number one again in so many countries, although not surprising livingthings is outstanding and your velvet tones were a huge bonus!! I’ve only been a fan since your itunes show last year in london so cannot wait to see you guys back in the UK :)

54. YoMarquesLP on July 9, 2012 at 2:30 am

This is a great post, thanks for all the info! I’m definitely going to check this game out once it’s on Facebook, I saw the Rio+Social event and it seemed really interesting. Also, thank you once again for making such an awesome album, I’m really proud of you guys and I’m happy to see it doing so well on the charts, including here in Portugal! Congrats and thank you for the amazing music :)

55. saandrine on July 9, 2012 at 2:18 am

Thank you to give us this great album !!!!

56. evooba on July 9, 2012 at 2:14 am

LOL “Haters gonna hate and potatoes are gonna potate” right?

I’m not a facebook games fan, but I’m gonna check this one out :) Speaking of games, PLEASE update 8 Bit Rebellion. It’s such a cool game and it’s sad seeing almost no one playing it anymore :/

Here’s a screenshot from the Greek iTunes Store a few days ago. Living Things is still number 1 in Greece! http://t.co/uoZR64Qp

57. chester12345mike on July 9, 2012 at 12:12 am

India #1,awesome!
    Does it mean Lp gonna consider India tour.?

58. Aditya_the_warrior_within on July 8, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Awesome! Godspeed form LPU, India

59. husam94 on July 8, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Mike!thank you for living things!i swear to god no band can do what you do!i mean for f*ck’s sake!this album should be number 1 in every country!thanks to god you arent an ordinary rock band!you have created your own genre..man it’s not about sales or awards but if people know what good music is you would sell like 2 mil 1st week!but you got your fans and they love you so much!and btw about the old-new lp subject that’s silly because linkin park is linkin park and what you did in ats and lt is called music’s growth(sorry for my english idk should it be musical or music?haha whatever)i love you!you are the best band ever!screw critics and haters!LP FOREVER

60. tinalein76 on July 8, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Good Morning Mike from Germany :)

I’ve read your blog and was very happy just the Living Things at the top in the charts. Did you guys deserve it you can be very proud of you, we LP fans are very proud of you too. Have a nice week. Greets Tina :)

61. emzlp123 on July 8, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I’m so happy for you guys! Living Things has become my joint favourite LP album (with Meteora), every song is amazing, really they are. And congrats on all the #1′s, you guys deserve every single one of them and I can’t wait to (hopefully) see you guys live this year, or early next, whenever you decide to come to the UK ;P
    Good luck on the up coming Honda tour. Hope you have a lot of fun with the guys and Incubus.

Oh, and can wait to see the next video – Lost in the Echo, right?
    Have a good day!

62. angela on July 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm

congratulations and thank you for another great album..and the meme look’s cute..excited for the LP game..

63. Michael Gonzalez on July 8, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Hey Mike, please check out my personal review of LIVING THINGS. I would love to see a reply from you here or on twitter at twitter.com/msgproductions

Congrats on the success. You guys deserve it.

64. Nina Nine on July 8, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Wow! All the news you bring us! I have to said that I feel very dessapoinment that my country (Argentina) isn’t at the list… You have biggest fans here, I’m sure about that.
    And, I’m a sad addicted to the fb games, I can’t wait to see what you’re bringing us! :D I hope got you soon here! You’re the best, keep on smiling! :)

65. linkinparkette on July 8, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I can only hope that one day LP comes to Saturn.
    even at times when lp isnt number 1, u guys are always number one to the fans :3

66. cctjehh on July 8, 2012 at 7:50 pm

sorta proud on holland, I’ve been bitching for years about the lack of rockbands in our charts but it seems to improve little by little ^^

67. caroleeone on July 8, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I really liked your use of the meme in this post. LOL I’m also incredibly proud to be a fan of Linkin Park. It’s times like these I remember just how amazing you guys are, because usually I’m just over here fangirling with my internet friends.

The performance of LIVING THINGS in the charts is impressive, and now everytime a hater comes to try and troll me, I can just be like, “Please take a seat and look at the charts, and come talk to me when you can actually make sense.”

Just, thanks for everything, mike and all of linkin park. :)

68. jdennis88 on July 8, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Congratulations on a successful album! I’ve been a fan since Hybrid Theory, and LIVING THINGS is some of the best work you’ve ever put out. I absolutely love “I’LL BE GONE”, “CASTLE OF GLASS” and “ROADS UNTRAVELED” – but I really like and enjoy every track on the new album, which is actually a first for me!

LIVING THINGS & loving it!

69. nephthysphoenix on July 8, 2012 at 7:18 pm

does these chart numbers include pre-sales?

70. Leonel Arocha on July 8, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Rosario.

71. Alexandra Nofi on July 8, 2012 at 7:09 pm

I think they could have picked a better name. “Linkin Park Sucks” isn’t creative at all. “Linkin Park Sucks Big Hairy Moose Balls” would’ve been better. Of course, with a general name like that, their thought patterns were likely limited in their conclusions, which renders anything they say about the band to be completely unfounded.

I don’t understand why people get so worked up over what people think of the band they like. People will always be entitled to their opinions, no matter how ridiculous, vile, racist, disgusting, derogatory or inhuman they may be.

72. segumisama on July 8, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Awesome album is awesome. Just wish it was longer, though :(

73. purnamalp on July 8, 2012 at 7:06 pm

You guys ROCKS!!! Keep it up :3

74. edflinkinp on July 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Nah Mike, Thank YOU guys for your music, I love LP like no other band (well yes I have another favorite band but my heart is big enough for the two). I can’t stop playing LIVING THINGS everyday and believe it or not I’m STILL waiting for my preorder to arrive due to int’l shipping, can’t wait to have it in my hands, I already know the album from front to back and I’m really happy it debuted #1, makes me PROUD. This cycle has made me feel closer to you guys because your contact with the fans is amazing and I’ll never forget it. I promise, I WILL see you and MEET you one day and I’ll tell you how thankful I am for your music. Cheers from your BIGGEST fan in Venezuela. Andreina

75. genessa755 on July 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm

awww im happy that album did so great on the charts!!! but words cant describe how thankful i am for all of linkin parks music!! u guys are truly the greatest :D

And thank you for taking pictures with me and my friends at the dodgers game! my name is genessa, i was the one in the dodgers jersey if u remember

76. juniorny94 on July 8, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Congratulations, Linkin Park.

77. nephthysphoenix on July 8, 2012 at 7:01 pm

This is neat! And lol at the meme. I really agree with all this, and the FB page people can just ignore it. Not everyone’s going to like LP. It’s ok Lol.

Actually I love playing LTs in my car, because it sounds better for me; and putting the songs on full blast is awesome. Also, UIB’s with high bass = boom boom boom. I like I like I like.

Incoherent babble wth. Also I did buy the art of community, and according to UPS Tracking it’ll be here tomorrow or Tuesday.