Linkin Park SOUNDWAVE Transformer

July 12, 2012

Linkin Park and Hasbro are collaborating on a super-limited LINKIN PARK EDITION SOUNDWAVE. It’s a new and exclusive model based on the original 1984 toy, the one I grew up playing with. It includes Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, and Ravage. There will only be 2000 units, available at SURU and comic/hobby shops.

Hasbro is currently showing a sample of it, inside the Transformers booth at Comicon. Here are some pics from Les, the designer. Shout out to Mr. Hahn for overseeing its golden glory on our end (no, it’s not real gold).

The LINKIN PARK SOUNDWAVE will be available later this year.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. xnekocat on August 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm

2. iamastargazer on August 8, 2012 at 10:08 am

THIS IS SOOO COOL

3. sleeping_in_your_pocket on August 5, 2012 at 9:20 am

Really cool, Mike. Really cool.

4. sukitang on August 5, 2012 at 8:57 am

I am so happy that I can leave a comment again.And this transformer looks great.It reminds me of childhood~~maybe u can sell it with ur album as a special version next time~~

5. nile97 on August 1, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Mike – will you ever be on ustream.com again? :(

6. kelinaris on July 27, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Hi, Mike. Fan since 2000. I came across an old quote from Rick saying that if you had continued the rap-rock sound, it would’ve been a short-term game. Although ATS is one of my favorite albums, I highly disagree with that statement. Green Day, for example, can still survive as a pop/punk act because of their distinct sound. We all know you’ve diversified as artists, but I found myself not listening to Living Things anymore. IMO it combined all the albums, except Hybrid Theory, although there were hints of its raw anger in Victimized. I’m not asking for nu-metal or another HT, but I truly wonder if you can expand your sound without going too melodic and losing that rock edginess.

7. kanti22 on July 27, 2012 at 9:53 am

Hi Mike. I just want to say, that I really admire you.Im always worry about other people’s opinion.I know that’s stupid, but unfortunately I’m that kind of person. Hearing and reading some of reviews about your albums and all that criticism around you makes me feel nearly sick and sad.It must sometimes be really hard for you to simply forget about that and do your job as best as you can.Wish I could be that strong.Even at your concert I was far from you, because I was afraid, that while fight one’s way to the stage people would shout at me, which is pathetic.Sorry for my english,maybe you’ll read this. Keep rocking, because you really are strong people.

8. jackiedis on July 25, 2012 at 12:56 pm

hi mike
    please help us, come to curitiba/brasil

9. daragonuboruzetto on July 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm

hi Mike. My name is Adit, from Indonesia, yeah,I have been dreaming of meeting Linkin Park and have a show together, but not an ordinary show, you see, I’m a big fan of dragon ball z, and I don’t know if you like dbz too, but I thought that if I could make a doujin about dbz and maybe let just say I can cooperate with the author too, Akira Toriyama (maybe) well, maybe I can make manga with you too, or the band and make a music show about it while screening the manga on the background, yaeh well, why I said this is interesting? because I mix the manga/doujin with “The Raid” style kind of fighting, well, dragon ball z mixed with The Raid, what would it be? maybe my dream can come true.

10. thegrandkaidbz on July 21, 2012 at 8:35 am

Hey Mike check this out!!

11. Radyo Plexus on July 17, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Reblogged this on Xandro Pontillas.

12. Radyo Plexus on July 17, 2012 at 3:43 pm

nice! wanna buy that if that is available here in the Philippines. I hope it will be available here.

13. highlandpark1999 on July 15, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Linkin Park and Tranformers!!! Kool! I’m buying one!
    By the way, Mr. Shinoda, What happened to the Alice In Wonderland action figure?

14. colinreid on July 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm

15. kchanlp on July 14, 2012 at 2:32 pm

AWESOME! I hope they’ll have some on the stores over here…

16. ellzworth on July 13, 2012 at 10:44 am

Keeping fingers crossed that it won’t cost more then $100. I’ll stop off at SURU to check it out when it comes out :)

17. segumisama on July 13, 2012 at 10:21 am

I never played with transformers ever when I was growing up and I want this.

18. conconming on July 13, 2012 at 9:49 am

Oh, I remember Ravage from the First Generation Transformers edition! I gotta get one of this!!!

19. thenilly on July 13, 2012 at 7:59 am

2000 units only? that’s insane.

20. gatsie on July 13, 2012 at 5:34 am

WUHAHAHAHAAH!

Nice.

21. niru013 on July 13, 2012 at 5:16 am

OMG its Soundwave with Ravage, Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw I’m excited like a little child. Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw where always quite similar to me and now they are both golden ha, and what is Ravage anyway a hound or a panther… These were my favorites from G1:
    1 Starsceam
    2 Soundwave and his helpers, pets, cool toys :)
    3 Megatron
    4 Optimus Prime
    5 and Bumblebee cuz my mom drives a bettle, she still does :D
    PS: The Linkin Park/Transformer Mix Tape is MARVELous hahaha

22. adiek84 on July 13, 2012 at 1:48 am

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Fan Corner and commented:
    Look at that! We’re getting a new toy! I think the dog is the real star of the group. I’m really disappointed that this isn’t real gold though…you call this quality, Mr. Hahn? This definitely needs the Damien Hirst treatment (http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/damienhirst_skull.jpg)! I’m joking, of course. The thing is as epic as it can get!

23. nine84 on July 13, 2012 at 1:28 am

this is unbelievable!!! Mike, was the dog only your idea?

24. YoMarquesLP on July 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm

That is so cool!

25. drunkenmunkey on July 12, 2012 at 11:04 pm

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA.

26. cezar_lp on July 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Can I buy it if I live in Peru? Or how can I do. I want it to my collection!

27. kathyxx on July 12, 2012 at 9:18 pm

LP combined with robots, my weakness ._.

28. desperedge on July 12, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Ha! They are so freak!

29. purnamalp on July 12, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Me want :D…. LPU CHAT PLEASE.. LIKE NOW!!!

30. koocoomoo on July 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm

ally, meme, you guys are quick -_-
    HAAAA THAT’S SO SICK!!
    I can’t believe you got to design a freaking TRANSFORMER.
    so legend.
    lpunderground.com/chat MY LAST REQUEST before I die (or live)

31. linkinparkette on July 12, 2012 at 8:24 pm

is that… a dog transformer

32. nephthysphoenix on July 12, 2012 at 8:22 pm