National Weather Service declares Linkin Park first “StormReady” concert

August 28, 2012

In their words: “This means that Linkin Park has taken exceptional precautions in ensuring the safety of their concert goers at each venue.  It’s about knowing what to do before a storm hits, not waiting for the storm to hit and scrambling to figure out a plan.  We hope that many other bands will move to become StormReady, and we will remember that Linkin Park was first.”

1. irenekrygowski on March 4, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Thank you so much for always taking care of us fans. This is just another reason why you are all amazing and I will continue to be a fan as long as you all continue to do what you guys do.

2. dubreephotography7667 on September 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I live in Indiana and we had the indianapolis state fair tragic. One of the ppl injured was a girl from my hometown and she is still to this day recovering. This shows how dedicated you are to your fans! Thank you again.
    P.s. my son(11) and I attended your show at the klipsch music center and had lawn seats… Here in Noblesville, Indiana…One of your ppl came to us and put us in the 7th row. It was awesome for my son and I to enjoy you guys up close! He will never forget his first concert! Thank you again!

3. Radyo Plexus on September 4, 2012 at 11:33 am

Reblogged this on Xandro Pontillas and commented:
    Congratz!

4. tayamichel on September 4, 2012 at 1:45 am

Good on ya!!

5. colinreid on August 29, 2012 at 7:58 am

mike: You guys will need this whenever your coming back to Scotland again..

We always get the cloud/rainy weather!

Take care

6. dirtytrick23 on August 29, 2012 at 6:36 am

Congratulations!!! Like so many fans out there, I am So proud of you guys!!!
    Not only you guys are bad*sses, give their very best in everything they do but but also Care about their fans and I’m REALLY grateful for all that.
    Linkin Park, you are indeed a beautiful example to follow :)

P.S. LP for President.

7. leoama12345 on August 29, 2012 at 12:34 am

First of all congraaatz!
    actually this is kind of a “hats off” to your intelligence! actually i’m so prod to be a fan since a long time!and u guyz /probably u r the fist one proved art/music field has a brain!

8. lpmoonshine on August 29, 2012 at 12:28 am

nice job
    congrats
    we love u guys forever <3

9. Nina Nine on August 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm

I’m so proud of you guys! I’ll be waiting you in argentina!

10. jozzie8 on August 28, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Now if more musicians would follow in LP’s footsteps, the musical world would be a better place ;) .

11. Alexandra Nofi on August 28, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I just want to point out that Linkin Park has the best celebrity PR, without having to adopt kids from another country or build community centers. You’re a great example of why we should just take of our own (United States), but take care of people around the world. Maybe that’s a bit dramatic for a letter regarding being storm ready, but I’m looking at everything the band has done and stood for.

12. rocksylvie on August 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I don’t know why, it reminded me of “Get me gone!” Did that dude ate his tongue? You’re making history, guys! And I’m with you! Forever!

13. segumisama on August 28, 2012 at 11:51 am

BTW: try saying “National Weather Service’s Norman Forecast Office StormReady Advisory Board” 3 times fast. go!

14. adiek84 on August 28, 2012 at 11:05 am

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Fan Corner.

15. michelle2014 on August 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

Hey mike,
    Thank you so much for such a kick ass concert in Dallas tx last night!
    Can’t wait for the next Dallas show!
    I was lucky enough to get hit by Shinoda water Lolz
    Thanks for caring for your fans
    We love you here in Texas and hope the rest of the tour goes smoothly!

Best wishes
    -Kayla

16. adiek84 on August 28, 2012 at 10:59 am

Yes, they are right, I’m proud. It really makes me proud to be a fan of a band that really thinks before it acts. Safety is a big issue for huge events like concerts and it’s nice to know that Linkin Park care enough for their fans to partner up with such organizations. I’ve been thinking about things like that a lot lately, not only the weather issues, but also the “green” touring, the marrow drives, or the fact that you donate toiletries to women’s shelters. I know this sounds cheesy, but you’re really good people. I think, you have taught a lot of your fans to be aware of their environment and to give up the egoism, society sometimes imposes on us.

17. mirjanalp on August 28, 2012 at 10:54 am

Now thats what I call taking care of your fans :D Congrats guys,love you sooooo much!!!!

18. aline4lp on August 28, 2012 at 10:50 am

I love how you guys and the whole LP crew put so much effort in saving us fans as well as yourselves.
    Safety first shouldn’t be taken for granted, Thank you.
    I’m very proud of you guys to take this step as (hopefully) role models for other bands!
    -Aline

19. tensh_iie on August 28, 2012 at 10:39 am

Reblogged this on 10Ch_iie and commented:
    Awesome achievement for Jim and the Band! Very proud!

20. cincybmxlpfreak on August 28, 2012 at 10:34 am

Awesome. That’s very cool of you guys. I’m not gonna lie…storms freak me out and I’ve always hated going to a concert at Riverbend and seeing lightning off in the distance…freaks me out! Thanks for thinking of the fans! (and we’re glad you guys are taking safety measures for yourselves as well. :))

21. curlylp on August 28, 2012 at 10:11 am

Congrats! Excellent news. Precaution is the best solution indeed. I’m proud that Linkin Park is always known by doing different things which are going to make everything better.

22. emzlp123 on August 28, 2012 at 10:02 am

This is so awesome. Especially after all the tragic events at concerts last year. Proud of you guys!

23. YoMarquesLP on August 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

Great news! Congrats, guys, this makes us all proud. It’s nice to see that you all care about safety and I’m glad they recognized you for that. Thank you! :)

24. madwiththetardis on August 28, 2012 at 10:01 am

I’m so proud of you, guys! It’s awesome to be your fan, seriously. Stuff like that, Music for relief, etc…thank you for that!)

25. fellforthehype on August 28, 2012 at 10:00 am

congrats

:такое ощущение, что вам бл заняться больше нечем:

26. Linkin Park Bulgaria on August 28, 2012 at 9:57 am

Hey, Mike! Want to join our twitter flashmob? Check out our idea on our page ( http://lpbulgaria.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/watchinglite/ )
    You will make us really happy if you join us! :)

27. segumisama on August 28, 2012 at 9:57 am

Thank you for caring about your fans, boys. If there’s ever a blizzard, feel free to share body heat.

28. MusicalMorphine on August 28, 2012 at 9:57 am

Well, that’s good to know!

29. evooba on August 28, 2012 at 9:56 am

That’s amazing! Congrats you guys :D
    Btw, I read the new blog post regarding the Green Guitar project. I’m so excited for this! Sean and the guys are already doing their best! Can’t wait to see how that goes and what else they have in store for us!

30. dcl1982 on August 28, 2012 at 9:56 am

That’s awesome! My friends in potential storm affected areas, thanks you!

31. NephthysPhoenix on August 28, 2012 at 9:54 am

That’s so amazing.

Pray for New Orleans too!