Kendrick Lamar, SKisM, More Good Art At Lazarides

October 30, 2012

Here’s a quick little barrage of stuff I’ve been into lately.  First, a shout out to everyone affected by hurricane Sandy–Music for Relief is partnering with International Medical Corps to support mobile medical units in Haiti and Save the Children to support Child Friendly Spaces in the U.S.  Donate here.

Moving on; I wasn’t going to blog about any of the following things individually, but as they added up, I thought I’d share them with you, in case you missed some or all of them.

Thanks to my buddy Tal for sending me this link.  A great clip for all the experts and haters on the internet.  Video / song by SKisM.

Kendrick Lamar’s “good kid m.A.A.d city” album just came out, and I’ve got it on repeat.  With that said, this track was just made and released (not on the album), reportedly as a celebration that the album has been selling well and getting great reviews.  Shout out to Kendrick and team.

Lastly (while you’re listening to that) check out these images from the new show coming up at Lazarides.  I know I just blogged about their last show, but this new show is the kind of star-studded affair that makes me mad I’m not going to be in London to see it.  JR, Conor Harrington, Micallef, Kelsey Brookes, and Banksy, among others:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

1. freak of the drummer on November 18, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Reblogged this on Freak of the Drummer.

2. xnekocat on November 17, 2012 at 1:02 am

3. emuslarma on November 16, 2012 at 11:32 pm

4. emuslarma on November 16, 2012 at 11:29 pm

guys take a look at this…!

5. xnekocat on November 13, 2012 at 9:28 pm

mr hahn you like block b?:)

6. xnekocat on November 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm

blocktober

7. gatsie on November 12, 2012 at 1:33 am

@ cleopatrashinoda; you totally crack me up, dude/dudette. Your comments on this blog are simply the best comedy I’ve ever read! I want whatever it is you’ve been smoking, seriously!

8. emuslarma on November 11, 2012 at 10:21 pm

@m_shinoda… I hope you would like to watch my video… :)

9. cleopatrashinoda on November 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Hey- PSSST_ that was Amons sister- AHHHHHHHHH! And I found out I’m an unbalanced crabapple and a half… eh… I love you and I love Cicero Cicero… and I even love Cheetah… Mike,I love you so much. I love our babies and I love you.

10. cleopatrashinoda on November 8, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Hi- I don’t like dope dealers. :P It’s a bad profession. I love you so much :) I will probrobly be in Hermosa Beach until you can wrangle your soul free to come and rescue me. I have met so many people. My shoes stink :) I love you. You have all the beautifuls all over your face. You are my beautifuls, and you are my soulmate. I saw my Cleopatra exhibit- it was beyond an awful waste of money, except for the deconstructed statues of Amon and his wife, whom I met in a tained cafe… and I had tainted McDonald’s and I feel so gross but I found a cool jacket. :D Yuck. I love you, my beautifuls!!!

11. A.Jay.D on November 7, 2012 at 8:51 pm

You’ve probably seen me post things on your site all the time. I’d kill have production by you and I just want to keep sending you music to hopefully see if I’m worthy. LOL

Please listen to my new album.

12. cleopatrashinoda on November 4, 2012 at 10:48 pm

That guy, the Leo dude on Twitter- pissed me off. I sent too many tweets- and yo, there is a s1ut in front of me at the counter with some half @ssed baby rapist. Leave me alone you nasty gangster…fma;sldkfjads;fl…. I love you babes!!! night night……. tabi

13. xnekocat on November 4, 2012 at 4:56 am

14. xnekocat on November 4, 2012 at 4:42 am

15. gatsie on November 4, 2012 at 3:20 am

WTF, I totally had a fan-girl moment when I saw all the WoW and Spiderman props in the Skism video…

16. beatrizgallegolucas on November 3, 2012 at 4:03 am

Hi Mike I have one request to make you, within a few days is my best friend’s birthday and is your biggest fan, probably like all your followers. He has the symbol tattooed on his back hybrid theory and considers you as a religion. And he will have another tattoo with phrases of the song “In pieces”.
    I’d like to do something special and ask, you or the whole group what if you could send a video congratulating? is that asking a lot, but I wanted to try. I leave you my email contact and I hope your answer, we would really happy.

beatrizgallegolucas@hotmail.com

Sorry for my bad english, thanks and regards !! :)

17. thegrandkaidbz on November 2, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Hey Mike you should hire these guys to open for you on the next tour.

18. Alexandra Nofi on October 31, 2012 at 3:27 pm

My town was spared but, New Haven, plus other places here in CT got hit really hard. Trees down, powerlines down, pretty nasty. My friend lost his house. Coming home on the city bus and there was a giant tree lying on a playground. I wasn’t surprised so many people weren’t at my classes today, it made sense. I give my friend credit for coming in to our class, after losing my home I don’t think I could do that.

You seem to like politics, or at least take it seriously. Not just the election but things related to humanitarianism, art and music. I started a new blog, which focuses on this, but is more about getting the facts straight and the truth. alexandranofi.wordpress.com

19. cleopatrashinoda on October 31, 2012 at 5:58 am

I love my Anna, I am her sister, I wanted to love her, but nasty Aryans, they made me gay implode, and yo I did it, and now the time spent, it was so wasted, and now I’m hungry, and all the food is tainted, it’s like if I want to eat something, I have to go to international space stations, and I can’t afford a ticket, cause I’m on disability, and Siddheartha can’t steal a spaceship, cause he lives with Sarah Palin, and Plato when I say I have a tin can, please don’t offer me money for it!!! :D

20. cleopatrashinoda on October 31, 2012 at 5:55 am

In meditation, it became clear that Anna was also a triplet- my brother Tony (who they say is Ghandi) and your brother Jason were her brothers. Emperor Chung and St. Christopher are my brothers. You were a twin with Sinead O’Connor. Remember that dude Soy Bomb? That’s her husband :D Your dad and mom thought that me and my brothers were so cool, so… Anna is like my little sister, too. You are going to LOVE my little brother, Tony. He loves you, and I can see it. He’s a snake, too. We formed alliances when we were getting abused… Hahn is my sister Heather’s husband. For the first time, this feels good to say and not challenging to not cry on the floor over. <3 Tabi and Mike

21. cleopatrashinoda on October 31, 2012 at 5:38 am

I had a, how you say, thought. :D At the meditation center, there is a statue representing our curse- on one side, a boobie bearing diety is stepping on Anna’s chest and on the other side, one is stepping on my back. In the meditation, it was stated that Anna and I switched positions in your life, and I became like a little sister, and she took the place as your -wtf- wife. The deity also has a sword with you and Chester’s skull impaled on it sealed with an Aryan skull to represent Jason Budd’s head. My uncle Frank was Chester’s dad when he was Theodore Roosevelt. Of course, Benji Madden the Aryan took the Aryan path. Guide me in your mental swimming. I love you!

22. emz321 on October 30, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Shame you can’t go. But they’ll be missing a helluva star at their “star studded affair” lol.
    Hope you have a good Hallowe’en!

23. julianalannes on October 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Mike, I hope you are all well and their families, and away from Sandy! Tender kisses to all!

24. dirtytrick23 on October 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Good Evening Mike sensei, I am reading your blog while I am watching the news about Sandy. All my thoughts and prayers are with the people who are affected by this superstorm ( specially Queens :( I’m really sorry)

Big Love from Mtl, Canada.

25. linkinparkette on October 30, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I have been seeing ads of his stuff online. Maybe my younger brother listens to Kendrick and also the same brother been trying to get me into dupstep dubstep? noodlestep for awhile.. only a few songs that has it that I like.

26. adiek84 on October 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Thanks for the update. Natural disasters are always awful and I hope that all the people who were injured and/or lost their homes will get support. My prayers go out to the families of the ones who lost their lives yesterday!

I think I actually have to listen to Kendrick Lamar some time. Do you know this weird phenomenon that if everybody is talking about an artist, you don’t want to listen to him anymore? That’s where I am with Kendrick Lamar right now. I guess the album is really deserving the hype though, so I’ll give it a listen.
    I also love the video and the art show looks great, too.

27. YoMarquesLP on October 30, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I’m always happy to see the amazing job MFR is doing by supporting so many causes and it’s great that we can help as well. Also, the songs you posted are awesome and the art show looks amazing! Thanks for sharing :)

28. Linkin Park Bulgaria on October 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Reblogged this on Wisdom, Justice, Linkin Park and commented:
    Kendrick Lamar, SKisM, More Good Art At Lazarides

29. NephthysPhoenix on October 30, 2012 at 1:09 pm

This is really cool. Going to give this a listen to and yay for donating for Sandy!! Thanks MFR for doing this! :D