Free Linkin Park Song: “Complimentary” by Mike Shinoda for Stagelight

December 10, 2012

With Stagelight now out for Windows, a number of you guys are checking it out. This week, I wanted to do something special for all our early adopters who are helping us spread the word: I made you guys a song.

This session can be downloaded and opened in Stagelight on Windows 7 or 8. It’s not an audio file and doesn’t contain any audio so (for now) only Stagelight users get to hear it.

For those of you who haven’t checked it out yet: Stagelight is a new music-making program designed by Open Labs and me. It’s the result of years of testing on stage and in the studio. With it, anyone at any level can make a great song in as little as a few minutes. It’s powerful and it’s simple, and you can buy it for only $10 HERE.

Again, thank you for being the first to check out Stagelight.

Download COMPLIMENTARY here: http://smarturl.it/LP_StageLight

PS: I’m leaving today for Dell World in Austin; keep an eye out for footage online!

1. azrelazitgetz on January 27, 2013 at 10:02 am

Stumbled across your blog while thought sorting through the artists that helped me pace past the pains of growing up. Thx 4 making music and going through the changes it costs you. I hope to keep in touch with about my new projects. Please check out some of my recordings over the years, if u have time. (I’ll understand if u don’t.) I did em all in my closet…https://soundcloud.com/azrelazitgetz

Keep making music that’s true 2 u & where u come from!

2. lodejersiebe on January 3, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Wanted I felt good enough to work with stagelight. These days afther a year a lot of trouble with tinnitus and hyperacusis again. (Flute sounds in your head and hurt when there is sound around you.) pff… Let’s hope it goes away very fast so i canenjoy music again. :d

Ever heard about it Mike Hyperacusis and Tinnitus?
    I know a lot of musicians who fears it.

3. cleopatrashinoda on December 26, 2012 at 11:39 am

So they erased all my other comments from the other day- but I have some information- they are covering our entire lives up with a conversation that happened while we were teaching- about whales and dolphins- these people are child and animal molesters and they wanted to challenge that I didn’t have articulate bonds with animals that didn’t come from thier psychic dealings with sexual antics with them- see, my psychic abilities were never put into question; just thier speed of lies were all that was cunning enough to harm. We’ll get it back. You can only dangle my berries for so long before I noticed, huh? Is that what you’ve been calling it? Leave the kids out of it.

4. cleopatrashinoda on December 24, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I will not be one of the nasty, nor will I be one of the users of people. I will never be you.

5. cleopatrashinoda on December 24, 2012 at 7:32 pm

You add the sum total of everything you have done and been in all of your lives- including this one- and add mine together- and instead of being jealous, stinking hiethens- face me, yo.

6. cleopatrashinoda on December 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm

And I don’t just live my life in a vacuum, as “seemingly” wants to be the arguement in that, and since you want to jump at me at every turn- it further leaves me to just say that you have always been a revolving door of pathetic filth afraid to face me. F you.

7. cleopatrashinoda on December 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I spelled identities wrong. But I know I”m right about mine. I paid attention when you cursed me. I could hardly move. Thank you Benji Madden for “collecting light”… do you know what you “collected light” on?? Could I shed a little light into that for you???

8. cleopatrashinoda on December 24, 2012 at 7:26 pm

So, what, you like follow Mike around? People act like idiot particles knowing what has gone on but not able to articulate words over your evil boundaries that you have ionicly accumulated from bullying people little by little??? WTF? What is left of you- you must be all pale, ugly, and fat, or a revolving door of inquisitors, paid crumbs of other’s identies happy to be consumed that way. I want my family back. I am not happy pretending that Anna is an author, or that she has like 10 kids and Mike is happily married!!! What, did my smart mouth just buy a photo op with them? You pieces of crap.

9. xnekocat on December 24, 2012 at 6:50 am

10. shaneblodgett871 on December 15, 2012 at 3:52 am

Hey, Mike! It was nice to find out you had a blog the other day. For years we (me and my best friend) have been huge fans of yours (meaning Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Machine Shop, the works) and dreamed of the day we could talk to you. Now here it is!

Let us start by saying that Linkin Park is a huge musical inspiration to our band. Actually, we started out doing garage covers of you guys. We have bloomed since then and grown into our own style, but… how do we get noticed and signed in a crowd of competition this thick? Our music has a powerful message and we feel it needs to be heard, whether the world is ready for us or not. Any advice?

-MIDKNIGHT and MISTIC of Libertocracy

11. xnekocat on December 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm

12. xnekocat on December 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Bennoda pissed at Gerard xD

13. greentx8 on December 13, 2012 at 5:33 am

Hi Mike, could you take a couple of minutes of time to read this unless you know about it already? Concerning the current tuning standard of music today.

14. freak of the drummer on December 13, 2012 at 5:15 am

Reblogged this on Freak of the Drummer.

15. parisafakour on December 13, 2012 at 4:08 am

MIKE? Would you please tell me…WHO YOU ARE????? is there anything you can’t do??

16. gal66 on December 12, 2012 at 3:20 am

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna by it to!
    and the complimentary is so cool!!
    have fun in Austi!!!!:)

17. mumpfen on December 11, 2012 at 10:17 am

Looks like a great tool, but i really want to buy this peace of software for my mac.
    Is it possible to release this thing in the Mac app store ?
    Every musican owns a mac, not a pc

18. Xenith on December 11, 2012 at 8:45 am

Love it.

19. gatsie on December 11, 2012 at 3:24 am

why that’s just great…

20. evooba on December 10, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to get the software tomorrow (the 12th). Good thing you guys are giving it for free to the LPU, I love that, thanks :)
    Have fun in Austin, tweet and IG spam us when you can from there!

21. michelle2014 on December 10, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Have fun while in Texas…hope we treat You to a lovely stay!

22. shoegaze4u on December 10, 2012 at 11:36 pm

The free LPU offer is great! Unfortunately I’m a Mac user. Maybe Garage Band works similar, but honestly all that stuff looks very complicated.

I guess I’m ok with the fact, that I stay only a music “listener” for ever. (What’s not too bad, if you choose the right music) ;-)

23. The Nameless One on December 10, 2012 at 10:25 pm

We LPUers are getting it for free right? Can’t wait to try it out! I guess thanks to you I might finally start making music! :D

24. linkinparkette on December 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm

What is this? Whats going on? How did I get here…?

25. icecremsandwich on December 10, 2012 at 3:07 pm

You called the free song “Complimentary.” Oh, you. So clever.

26. adiek84 on December 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Fan Corner.

27. adiek84 on December 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Thanks for giving this to the LPU members for free! I always wanted to try out music production, but didn’t really know how to start, but since you mentioned that Stagelight is also directed at newbies, it seems as if my time has come.
    My brother who is producing music for over a decade tried it out, but said it was too simple for him. My goal for 2013 is to say the same by the end of the year. I’ll start with messing up your song.
    Have fun in Austin!

28. santanaapple on December 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

No mac version will be available?

29. OlĂ­via Freitas on December 10, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Good trip, my dear!

30. mirjanalp on December 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Chester was right:You are a workaholic :)

31. Tacy_DS on December 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

that’s really cool….to bad cant have….I’m a Mac user!!! :/
    wanna hear the song that u made!!!

32. YoMarquesLP on December 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Awesome, can’t wait to check it out. Have fun in Austin! :)

33. NephthysPhoenix on December 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm