M. Shinoda Best Songs of 2012

December 26, 2012

There was so much good music this year! Lots of exciting stuff from indie and major label artists, from “throwback-analogue-made-new” songs to “how-the-hell-did-they-make-that-sound?!?” songs. There were a bunch of great tracks that came directly from artists, and weren’t available in the major music libraries (special mention to A$AP Rocky’s “1 Train”).

Most of the songs on this year’s list come from albums that are also great, so if you like a song and haven’t heard the whole album, I recommend checking it out.

If you want to check me out on Spotify and follow my playlists throughout the year, I’m at m_shinoda. Also, shout out to the fans on Spotify who sent me Top 40 tracks, with messages like “Mike, have you heard this? You should check it out!” Way to keep me in the loop, guys.

Anyway, here at the 12 best songs of the year:

NOTE: I added a song, because it’s awesome! 13!

EDIT: I think I accidentally deleted this playlist.  Oh well.  I’m here on Spotify, and I have lots of other playlists for you to listen to: m_shinoda

1. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:38 am

Did I mention- that you are the most gorgeous male that has ever existed in my lifetime?

2. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:36 am

Mike- I “feel”… like a freaking mouse. I’ve kinda been living as one. I have a presence, though. Always. I hope the Aryan forces that conquered our honor (*smiles at you*) will let us be and stop reading my words with the antiquity of a random speed-gunk gother. I am actually flying to California at the end of the month! And I won’t be in PERIWINKLE FISHNET TIGHTS, either! *wags tounge* I love you! (*someone, just put some on me in a vision – they are not mine!!! LOL-) But hey, those of you that wanna put that together *winks* OOOOOOh, Mike, check out Professor Anarchy (ala, Courtney Love).

3. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:31 am

And give up your nasty jobs where you are tainting children’s candy! What is the matter with you?!!! I would NEVER… EVER- hurt food that a child (or anybody else) is going to consume. How dare the lot of you trolls. You can’t even buy a box of Mike and Ikes without gagging! :P <— I am not smiling when I gag!!! I am gagging when I gag!!! Stop pretending…

4. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:25 am

And I am who I say I am. Beaten and broken- I am also the poorest non-child molester in the U.S. (*poses*) (*frowns*) It is not humiliating for me to say that I too, was molested. Stop saying you weren’t and lying about it when so many scores of people, from America and other countries want to come out and straighten thier heads about their abuse. I know what I’m talking about- I should have been on a milk carton from birth to age 6. It is the driving force between me and Mike. Some Aryan stalkopaths need to give me back my Buddhist husband. I love him. I am not crazy- I have my head on straight and I am not a liar.

5. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:19 am

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat’s what- These alchemists- they have slaaaaaaved you guys in more ways than one- EMBEZZLED, EXPLOITED, RUINED PEOPLE’S LIVES- How do I know- ASK BENJI MADDEN WHO HE TRUSTED BACK IN 1998 TO MAKE HIM FAMOUS- when he was part of the family anyway. Open your eyes, you beautiful souls- BOTTOM LINE IS- STOP LETTING PEOPLE MOLEST YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN, THEN DROPPING OFF WHEN A RAPIST HAS CONQUERED YOUR PATH! I am not a hard fool-I am not a blind one who will be manipulated anymore! I am tired of feeling stupid, when the only knowledge to know is that everyone is being molested.

6. cleopatrashinoda on May 7, 2013 at 11:16 am

I mean, really- does anyone really really think you are married to Anna? As deep as you know you are- with your background and wasted wisdoms- do they really think that you have willingly taken a step into a loveless territory that would step all over your flourishing talent in a strict manner that is consistant with ARTISTIC SLAVERY??!!! Wake up, people! ;) Mike has been ROBBED! My last name- it means “Big Mouth With Common Sense” in English-Italian. ;) Okaaaaaaay? I am not a slave to some alchemist- oh wait, yes, I was… So I know what I’m talking about! I want my husband back! :D

7. dentokram on January 16, 2013 at 6:33 am

bitch don’t kill my vibe is awsome……

8. sabina1702 on January 12, 2013 at 2:45 pm

That’s really awesome!
    But Spotify is not available in Russia, so I needed to listen to these songs on the other site.
    Anyway, I liked the songs and you have good taste in music!
    I think the best songs from your playlist are “Keep it low” and “Henrietta”.

9. linkinlavingeswift4ever on January 12, 2013 at 7:04 am

Why there was a lot of songs named “Radioactive” in 2012.From Rita Ora to Marina and the Diamonds,now Imagine Dragons!

10. shivani94 on January 6, 2013 at 10:35 am

Mike… India this time please!
    And all the love for Linkin Park.. :)
    \(^_^)/

11. shoegaze4u on January 5, 2013 at 10:25 am

Some people are really scary :-(

12. gatsie on January 3, 2013 at 8:37 am

omg cleopatra… just… omg…

13. adiek84 on January 3, 2013 at 7:18 am

Reblogged this on Linkin Park Fan Corner.

14. adiek84 on January 3, 2013 at 7:16 am

One of my new year’s resolutions was to finally comment this post!
    Great list…I guess, I don’t know half of those tracks but that’s the charm of your “Best of” lists – lots of great tracks to check out in the new year!
    I’ve made a slightly longer Spotify list with my Best of 2012 tracks here: http://open.spotify.com/user/1121864114/playlist/37VwrQIbwB05ZDHkBN7MmM. My Top 5 are: Linkin Park – LGM, Kanye + Co. – Clique, Sizarr – Boarding Time, Lana del Rey – Ride, Ellie Goulding – Halcyon.
    Check them out if you don’t know them! Especially Sizarr, cause they are the coolest band I discovered in 2012 (and you probably don’t know them yet)!

15. cleopatrashinoda on January 2, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Yes, I said princely soul. :) You, too, Mike. I read in a religion book that it is my destiny to become a prince. :)

16. cleopatrashinoda on January 2, 2013 at 5:09 pm

The pictures of T. Palin are reassuring. Sometimes there are only a few that can be seen. I have full hope in getting my child back now, now that I have a better awareness of what is. I know that when he was Kurt Cobain he veered into a dangerous territory that he didn’t know he was veering into. I do not hate anybody. I just want my best friend back. It was so cool to see the vision of him happy yesterday, and know that I love him more than love itself, and my multiple personalities do not transcend as gracefully as my darling Austin’s princely soul, so I was unable to have the conversation I so desperately wanted to have with my boy. I love everyone, Happy New Year. :) Tabi

17. cleopatrashinoda on January 2, 2013 at 4:35 pm

But I got a vision of this clear liquid being injected into something from a vial. And then a vision of a top of a black baseball hat with a (tacky) straight rim and then a (like always) rob of my chi, like it was my words saying “you can live on that for a while”, when I do not know what direction it went to or to whom. Whoever is my family’s spies- realize that you are acting in accordinance with uneducated evil, and you are testing on me for my soul worth, of which is great. If my boy is harmed, I will personally find you. You are sick, and you are worshipping Napoleon, who was a reincarnation of the king married to Cleopatra I. He is evil idiocy.

18. cleopatrashinoda on January 2, 2013 at 4:26 pm

My son has 2 identities in this life- Trig Palin and Austin Osakowicz. The picture of Austin on his Twitter profile is not him. He has gone through fake profiles on Facebook, too. I love my son so much, it is turning all of my thoughts into mush. He has come back from being retarded in a different identity several times. This child… Mike…

19. cleopatrashinoda on January 2, 2013 at 4:20 pm

This guy- THE GUY THAT RAPED MY SON IN A CHICKEN SUIT AND MADE HIM RETARDED!!!- h e is a psychopath that has been stalking me psychicly. It’s been this guy. He wanted me to sexually punish him- man, *NAUSEA* first, the guy looks like a GOON, secondly, I don’t know how, and third, it is not within the realm of any reality to relate sex to my relationship with my child. I got a bad message today- if I am around low life people, because my son was raped by this druggie- he morphs their different personas into a punishment for my child based on thier social status, if I make eye contact. Mike, this is called “crisis worshipping logic scheme”.

20. cleopatrashinoda on January 1, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Justin is adorable. Austin is adorable- I got an update on him this morning that was positive- I’m going to AZ next week. I want my family back. Austin is beyond the scope of genius that anyone could ever imagine. Everyone wants to meet him and know who he has been… Mike… I hope you tell his brother Otis good things about his magic brothers and his sister, too. I met her once-she locked eyes with me, but I didn’t know why. I knew she was special…

21. cleopatrashinoda on January 1, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Mike, our sons are God. Did you hear that Justin got an addition to his tattoo on his foot? He has his honorable little feet, he looks very very very stressed out- again, I want to cry.

22. gatsie on January 1, 2013 at 5:30 am

23. cleopatrashinoda on December 31, 2012 at 12:14 pm

If you were not here, if my children were not here, if you were not here… i would kill myself. There is nothing. It is empty. I’m too perfect for this scum of the earth to feed on. I miss my family. Dude is my cousin, Mike. Not originally, but he is Julia Robert’s son. Totally wolfed out into a moron, but look what they did to my brother Anders. And look at Roy. They are morons. Total freaking non-thinking blahists. I feel like my chi- it leaves. It goes. I don’t have it. Then I read about my mother- and it all makes sense. My brother Seung- the only one with sense. My son- the only one with sense. I can’t take it anymore.

24. Hivinur Elmaal on December 31, 2012 at 6:03 am

Thanks Mike.
    I like Keep It Low.

25. cleopatrashinoda on December 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Or, I could just rent a car and find one of her houses… I’ll do both. But see, the sinners play this game- they pretend like they have no stalking skills when they are with me when all they do is stalk people! I have no skills!

26. cleopatrashinoda on December 30, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Michael, I love you… Tabitha :)

27. cleopatrashinoda on December 30, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I met Crass- I’m looking for him. Also- I crossed paths with Bill- Anders Brieviks birth mother’s husband. He beat a dude up for me. :D It was funny. Bill rocks. I know last time I was alive, my mother’s name (this life) is Kristen Zygala and my father was Sting. So it’s true… my head is swimming… I’m taking out an ad in Phoenix to find Sarah Palin because she has Austin. I think that’s how this crazy stuff works- I have one of the henchmen with me- and yo, I’m Italian. He has bad knees, so, I know it’s all good.

28. cleopatrashinoda on December 30, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I miss you, sweetie. I want my sons back. Did you know that I think that Anna is Amelia Erhart? Um, I think that it’s the truth, and yes, she is your little sister. I didn’t know that, I thought she was a beautiful gift from God and the way I feel about God was a joke because there’s no way I could ever be that cool- but wait, oh wait- I was, and I am. Mike, they raped Austin in a chicken suit- I have one of the guys with me. I’m not letting him out of my sight. Somehow he’s connected to Kelly Osborn- I’m with Abbott.

29. 1oo71 on December 29, 2012 at 6:31 am

Thanks, Mike.

What do you think makes a good song?

30. cinthiaqt88 on December 29, 2012 at 4:16 am

too bad there’s no version for Mac OS X :/

31. phaab on December 29, 2012 at 2:18 am

Every best of 2012 should include at least “Down the road” by C2C – french DJ crew, amazing work. Check out their album, too !

32. shoegaze4u on December 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Ok, here we go:

WORST: Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe – Kendrick Lamar
    BEST: Sunset – The xx
    MISSING: Perfect World – Gossip
    INSIDER TIP: Mind Explosion – John Ainsworth (Soundcloud)

33. ristinw on December 28, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Happy New Year, Mike!
    Wishing you a prosperous and joyful year ahead. May the new year brings all the best and everything you wish for to you and to your family! :D

34. chiragshekhar on December 28, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I loved The Riot’s Gone, Sunset, Sun, Myth, Send me Down and Blinders! Thanks for sharing! :D

35. thegluelpfan on December 28, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Well Spotify isn’t available in my country but I will check those songs out…and I gotta get the new XX album…

36. Braffschein on December 28, 2012 at 8:55 am

OK I seriously need to leave a very special “thanks” comment for opening Childish Gambino to me, two awesome songs in your recommendations (the second is Heartbeat on LP Radio iHeartRadio station) were too much so I checked him out and damn I love the guy! Thank you. Like, really.

37. ves13 on December 28, 2012 at 8:52 am

Again, “we’re not available where you are” … but still, have fun in 2013, stay healthy and continue making great music. Vesna

38. dcl1982 on December 27, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I ALWAYS see you on Spotify, but I’m always to nervous to send you stuff. As such, I’m not surprised to see most of these artists on your list. Sad that the Deftones didn’t make your list. They made a great album.

39. shoegaze4u on December 27, 2012 at 10:10 am

That’s weird. I listened to Songs from “Kendrik Lamar” and “Macklemore & Ryan Lewis” And I thought immediately: How can Mike make such enormous different (because powerful) music with Linkin Park? Interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Here’s my small return favor: That unpolular artist is just available via Soundcloud. If you have 4 Minutes, just take a look. He’s really good.

40. gatsie on December 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

*whoot whoot* Childish Bambino’s Bonfire is awesome *whoot whoot* Makes ya want to shoot up some mutants in any random digital fantasy realm XD

Eh… Whatever… Have a jolly good day.

41. mahshidshinoda on December 27, 2012 at 7:02 am

13!I like this number :)I had seen most of them on your spotify before and added them to my list there were awesome because they are your choices ;)

42. oskarbu on December 27, 2012 at 6:02 am

i’m listening the 13th song right now

43. shameenbhutto on December 27, 2012 at 2:19 am

Can you please come to Pakistan. Please come help our flood victims and play amazing concerts like always. My Country needs a change. I think Linkin Park can bring it.

44. shashankthelinkinparkfan on December 26, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Damn, we Indians have seriously been missing out on a lot of good music. All we get here on the radio are stupid gay boy bands. I seriously need to get a life. Is India on the list of countries you are going to tour soon?

45. Braffschein on December 26, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I’ve already heard 7 out of 12 songs of this playlist because you reccommended to check them out during the year, meh. But hey. It’d be awesome if you did this more often. You’re my only source for music (meaning hundreds of young or simply not very popular artists I can’t possibly hear about) and I would love to look through your iTunes music library. I trust your taste in music and I’m too lazy to search for things like this myself.
    P.S. There He Go – reallyyyy

46. linkinparkette on December 26, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I have never heard of any of those people. However, I seen stuff of Kendrick from ad spams.

47. melville183 on December 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Good choice of music, thanks for introducing me to keep it low!

All the best for new year Mike!

48. 7kirara7 on December 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Nice choice you have there. ;D

The best band I discovered this year was Imagine Dragons. I just love the song “Radioactive”. And I think all the Assassin’s Creed Players around here will agree that this song is amazing. :D

49. sarssbs97 on December 26, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Wow… I really need to get a life…
    I suddenly hate my radio station… I’m going to listen to them for sure…
    Something other then pop I hope to bring into my life (I hope…)

50. caroleeone on December 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm

So I’ve started the first song and I’m already in love with it. Thanks for sharing this!

51. icecremsandwich on December 26, 2012 at 1:57 pm

What the hell planet are Death Grips from holy shinoda

52. suetrav on December 26, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Wish I could listen in Canada. Will also have to listen on YouTube.

53. Linkin Park Bulgaria on December 26, 2012 at 1:40 pm

too bad Spotify is not in use in Bulgaria… gotta search in Youtube now!!

54. thenilly on December 26, 2012 at 1:32 pm

just wow!!! :O

55. Linkin Park Bulgaria on December 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Reblogged this on Wisdom, Justice, Linkin Park and commented:
    M. Shinoda ‘s Best Songs of 2012

56. thenilly on December 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Reblogged this on the nilly.

57. carriestocks on December 26, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I always enjoy seeing what other people are listening to. Best way to get new music is word of mouth. That being said, Have you heard Delta Rae? Their best feature is that no two songs on their album sound the same. Rather like a certain band I adore. :o)

58. NephthysPhoenix on December 26, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Really cool. Maybe I will give these a listen. Thanks for the recommendations.

59. YoMarquesLP on December 26, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Great choices! I really like The Hundred In The Hands, Keep It Low is one of my favorite songs from them. Thanks for sharing, hope you had a great Christmas!

60. starmony78 on December 26, 2012 at 12:43 pm

South America sing “Waiting for spotify to come….

61. linkinoda on December 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm

damit we’re not available where you are:(

62. evooba on December 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I was waiting a “best albums of 2012″ list but this is great as well. Thanks for sharing. The XX’s Co-exist and Kendrick Lamar’s Good Kid, M.A.A.d City were 2 of my favorite albums of the year, good choices there. Need to check some of the other songs on that list though :)
    My favorite albums of the year included SOB’s Reseda Beach (long awaited), Papa Roach’s The Connection (2nd in my list actually, right after Living Things), Ministry’s Relapse and Deftones’ Koi No Yokan amongst others. Have you checked those out? Definitely worth a listen.

63. Olívia Freitas on December 26, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Sorry, we’re not available where you are. Leave your email to stay tuned for good news.

Sad that, Mike.

I wish you and your entire family a great new year, with much peace, love, success, health and shows the LP, especially in Brazil.

hugs