M. Shinoda X Bamford Watch Department

February 2, 2015

MSxBWD Available Now

Today I’m excited to announce my new collaboration with the world-renowned Bamford Watch Department.  This timepiece is a Super Matte black Rolex Daytona with MGTC (military grade titanium coating) featuring custom artwork — a tiny skull from my Glorious Excess (Dies) exhibition.

My band-mates and I have been expanding the boundaries of our wearable releases—making some even more ubiquitous and easily accessible, and others distinctly limited and aspirational.  In the range of our offerings, this timepiece sets a new bar for the latter.  It is, of course, not something our average fan can buy.  For most, it exists as an idea, a wearable piece of art.

For the limited few that are interested in purchasing one, head over to Bamford Watch Department’s site HERE.

MS x BWD on water

MS x BWD in box

To see paintings from the inspiration of this timepiece, see my GLORIOUS EXCESS art HERE.

1. Radyo Plexus on February 28, 2015 at 10:09 am

Reblogged this on Charline Bojos.

2. orlandathenew on February 5, 2015 at 11:18 pm

oh my god status symbols are decadent. Its very nice that you can affort such a very special watch, some rich people collect such things in order of not knowing what to do with their money. I begrudge this pretty things to you, you are working so much and so good for us in all you do, but this special site of you must be left from a further living! In my opinion behaviour like this isn t the spirit of you in the lp, im sorry – no matter – nobodys perfect! P.S. What is the price of a watch like this?

3. romelf on February 5, 2015 at 2:05 pm

It seems great.I wish I could have one

4. nataku on February 5, 2015 at 1:13 am

Looks good. I bet the price is just beautiful! Not for everyone!

5. anthonymaroon on February 3, 2015 at 4:11 pm

As an appreciator of watches I can’t afford, that is a gorgeous watch. Congratulations on such a great collaboration!

Thanks for linking the Glorious Excess gallery, too. Very cool stuff.

6. Gatsie on February 3, 2015 at 4:11 am

A friggen rolex? Well wow, nice watch man.

7. Braffschein on February 2, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Glad you mentioned that it’s not something “an average fan” can buy, that should brush off the whiners. You guys should collaborate with Erich Krause or something, make some notebooks or pens. Your average fan needs that almost every day. I know you’d make a super exclusive 3D pen made of pure gold, so I guess there is no way out of this, ha!

8. cocoryu on February 2, 2015 at 2:31 pm

Oh my, if ever I have superfluous money I will buy four pieces these. Two for me, one for my husband, then for my sister. Man that would be our first rolex watch. Wow! Can I note that, the design looks great for men and women? You can wear that anytime with so much pride. Awesome Mr. Shinoda.

9. michaldrtina on February 2, 2015 at 12:50 pm

I think I’m gonna donate a kidney to buy these!

10. YoMarques on February 2, 2015 at 11:27 am

Awesome collaboration, the piece looks great. Love it!

11. ΕvoΟba on February 2, 2015 at 11:20 am

I like it. It’s simple yet delicate. Love the Neuphoria skull detail. Nice work!
    And btw, good to see you post here again. You used to blog about some super cool stuff, would love to see it come back to life. So… try and blog some more whenever you time? Would be nice!